TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, seriously, good luck getting the stuff you want to ride done in one day.

MF will be an hour+ at least, as will Dragster and Maverick. Mantis and Raptor will get to around an hour as well (and those predictions are based ona a weekday in June visit). Basically, take those times and make them longer and there you go.

Have fun....

I went to Cedar Point last week for three days and the place was pretty busy. Millennium Force, Top Thrill, and Maverick were all about an hour long the whole trip. Mantis and Raptor were about 45 minutes and the rest were usually less than half an hour. Just plan your use of time properly and you'll be able to do everything you want. But don't feel like you need to rush and pack everything in because then it takes away from the experience.

Monday-wendsday are low crowd

thursday-saturday are crowded

sunday- moderate

But ride everything big first

Millennium will be short in the morning-run there (resort guests are just finishing ERT)

Then go to maverick and dragster

Ride raptor last

everything inbetween will be short

skyhawk and maxair have the longest thrill ride lines

Here's another question (sorry for asking so many questions).

I'm planning on riding MF in the backseat.

1. How's the average wait?

2. Can you pick a seat?

3. How's the ride?

Yes you can pick your seats, and once you are in the station it really isn't all that long as they don't provide a lot of space for people to stand.

If you are planning to get everything done in one day, good luck with that buddy. But since you have 2 and a half, you should be fine.

I will be going the weekend after next. from Friday to Sunday. We will be spending half of Friday and all of Saturday. If I use my time the right way, is this enough time to get on most or all of the coasters and some flats?

400th post!

Right, I was at Cedar Point Sunday-Friday of last week (8th-13th) so hopefully I can help.

If you're there 2.5 days, you won't have a problem getting everything done, so don't rush it... try and go at a leisurely (ish) pace.

You've got early entry, which is great news. ERT is actually quite busy, but it does give you an extra hour over everyone else coming in at 10am. Check which rides are on early entry. When I went it was Millennium Force, Maverick, Skyhawk and Raptor, though sometimes Maverick wasn't open - people still ran there regardless.

You'll be hard pushed to get on Maverick quickly, unless it is open during ERT and you run there so that you're one of the first few in line. Otherwise, expect to wait about an hour for it - don't be decieved by the apparent length of the line. The line only holds about 1.5 hours worth of people, and it moves quickly (unless there's a breakdown). Make sure you get on Maverick, it's immense.

Skyhawk will have no wait during ERT.

Millennium Force isn't too bad if you get there fairly quickly after Maverick, or if Maverick isn't open for ERT, I'd advise running there. You can pick whichever seats you like - early on, I'd recommend front seats - the queue is much shorter than later on.

Raptor is on ERT and doesn't really get a line during that time, but when the main gates open, was nearing an hour. So either do it in ERT, or be prepared to wait a while for it.

I'd really try to get to Dragster before the 10am opening, when everyone else piles into the park. It'll save you a big wait. If you get there just before 10, you'll wait 30mins for it... much later, and it's an hour.

In general, I found that the front of the park is busy early on - if you head there early/mid-afternoon, most rides have less than 15min waits (except Raptor). Maverick, Millennium Force and Dragster all have about an hour's wait - 45min if you're lucky. But I didn't wait more than 1hr 15 for any of them. Skyhawk gets busy later on, isn't too bad early. Gemini, Mean Streak, Magnum -- all under 15min queues. I found only the Big 3, plus Raptor, to be the only big waits.

Basically use your ERT well - run to whichever ride is on ERT, so you get there before everyone else - stay one step ahead of them, and then the people who are allowed in at 10.

As for Soak City - it depends on the weather. I'd not bother with it if I were you, and instead spend time in Cedar Point. But if it's hot and sunny, and not windy, Soak City will be busy.

During ERT in the morning would it be a good idea to go to Millennium Force first, while everyone else is doing Maverick and then hitting Maverick after a few rides on Millennium Force?

And then go to Dragster about 5 minutes before 10am, and get a quick ride.

^ If you did that then you will not get to Dragster in time for opening. Trust me, I tried.

If you ride MF and then head to Maverick, you won't get off Maverick till at least a half-hour after the park has opened.

Count on waiting at least an hour on Maverick unless you run to it first thing.

If you are planning to get everything done in one day, good luck with that buddy. But since you have 2 and a half, you should be fine.

I will be going the weekend after next. from Friday to Sunday. We will be spending half of Friday and all of Saturday. If I use my time the right way, is this enough time to get on most or all of the coasters and some flats?

400th post!

What's with the random quote?

400th post!

What's with the random quote?

I think I'm retarded. I must have deleted what I typed and forgot that I deleted it and just posted the quote.