TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Abercrombie & Fitch gone too far..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes: I don't know if that's one of your jokes, hehe but I would say that those jeans costs 149.00$ as I've got a pair of Energie jeans and seen lots of their other jeans, they cost around 75-130€ here, so I would think they've just 'forgotten' to put a mark between the 9 and the 00's, or then the jeans are made of some golden threads or have like 14700$ spending money in the pockets or something, lol.

That makes more sense. It was at a Bloomingdale's, which is a really upscale store, so I figured it couldn't be totally out of the question. You would think $14900 jeans would be behind lock and key, though. They were pretty nice pants, maybe I should go snag a pair.

Wes: I don't know if that's one of your jokes, hehe but I would say that those jeans costs 149.00$ as I've got a pair of Energie jeans and seen lots of their other jeans, they cost around 75-130€ here, so I would think they've just 'forgotten' to put a mark between the 9 and the 00's, or then the jeans are made of some golden threads or have like 14700$ spending money in the pockets or something, lol.

That makes more sense. It was at a Bloomingdale's, which is a really upscale store, so I figured it couldn't be totally out of the question. You would think $14900 jeans would be behind lock and key, though. They were pretty nice pants, maybe I should go snag a pair.

Is Bloomingdale's a Califonia store, because I haven't seen them in Florida. We do have Saks Fifh Avenue though.

Is Bloomingdale's a Califonia store, because I haven't seen them in Florida. We do have Saks Fifh Avenue though.

No, its based out of New York City. I'm not sure where you live, but they have four stores in the Miami-Palm Beach- Ft. Lauderdale area and one in the Orlando area.

No, its based out of New York City. I'm not sure where you live, but they have four stores in the Miami-Palm Beach- Ft. Lauderdale area and one in the Orlando area.

I live in St. Petersburg, which is right by Tampa, and almost as big. We do have several up scale malls in Tampa and Sarasota, but St. Petersburg's mall is trash

All I know is that I'm lucky there's a Diesel outlet 45 minutes away, $200+ designer jeans for $40 that fit perfectly is truly magical.

Diesel makes some of the coolest looking, yet least comfortable shoes out there. I've tried on several pairs in my size, and it always feels about as good as walking on pebbles barefoot.

Umm, guys, that's the UK Abercrombie site, it's £398. As in, 398 POUNDS. So in actual fact that's almost $800 in US money.

Umm, no, the price is in US Dollars.

I just clicked again and actually watched my address bar, and when I click that link it takes me to this address:

...which is the UK site and which has the price listed at 398 GBP. Which means if I buy them from the UK site I pay twice as much as if I buy them from the US site! WTF!!

I think the site forwards you to the proper site depending on your region settings on your computer.

When I click the link it took me to the Canadian site, and lists them at $498 Canadian.

I'm totally buying these jeans.

And then I'm going to get a 12" lobster sub, get drunk, and eat it while laying on the floor with no shirt on. Then, and only then will I be like the Hoff.

Umm, guys, that's the UK Abercrombie site, it's £398. As in, 398 POUNDS. So in actual fact that's almost $800 in US money.

Umm, no, the price is in US Dollars.

I just clicked again and actually watched my address bar, and when I click that link it takes me to this address:

http://www.uk.abercrombie.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?colorSequence=02&storeId=12406&productId=328772&parentCategoryId=12202&categoryId=12236&langId=-1&catalogId=10901

...which is the UK site and which has the price listed at 398 GBP. Which means if I buy them from the UK site I pay twice as much as if I buy them from the US site! WTF!!

Basically it means we should sell everything we have over here and we can go and live in America as kings!

That or get someone in the USA to buy them for us and send it over, give them the cash. Bingo! £398 saved..

I'd still buy them at £398. Fashion has no price!

(This is assuming I had £398 to burn)

I'm sure the jeans you buy at Target come from the same sweatshop...so good for A&F for fooling people into paying so much for a pair of jeans that didn't cost them anywhere remotely close to that much to produce.

I say "fashion" (in quotations because I really don't get how a pair of jeans that look worn down is fashionable in the first place) is over rated. But that's because I have no sense of fashion.

This is from the link that BigBird put up, there was a little area with requests for "If you like this product" kind of people. This was one of them. Can anybody imagine somebody paying this much for an ugly vest like this?

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446167305&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492050999&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1185500512064

It's not going too far. If people will pay for it, it's just business. People complain when there are $1000 video cards for the PC, but you don't have to buy it. Personally i'd rather buy an Xbox360.

I'm sure the jeans you buy at Target come from the same sweatshop...so good for A&F for fooling people into paying so much for a pair of jeans that didn't cost them anywhere remotely close to that much to produce.

I say "fashion" (in quotations because I really don't get how a pair of jeans that look worn down is fashionable in the first place) is over rated. But that's because I have no sense of fashion.

I remember when they caught "Sean John" getting their clothes from a SS in Honduras