TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Abercrombie & Fitch gone too far..

$398.00 for a pair of jeans that looks like it came out of a dump!?

www.abercrombie.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10901&productId=328772&langId=-1&categoryId=12236&parentCategoryId=12202&colorSequence=02

Holy flippin crap..I could pay for a decent apartment a 2 bedroom , 1 bathroom, and all utility costs for a month for the price of 1 pair of these..

Who in the right mind....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special handcrafted LMAO!!!!

Can go to your local department store and buy a cheap pair of jeans and then just go play some tackle football in the grass and get some knarly grass stains on them, go swimming in the ocean with them on and grind against the sand a lot, have your dogs have its way with it for a few days, piss on it and then let it dry in the hot sun! Viola 400 dollar pair of pants! I got your special handcrafting right here!

^ The cut, the wash, the stitching, tons of stuff. If you can't tell the difference between these and some crappy pair of Target jeans, then more power to you. They are designer jeans for a reason.

I definitely wouldn't pay $400 for these, but I'd *possibly* do it for a pair of Nudies that fit really well.

Capitalism at it's finest. Hey, as long as there's rich people with low self esteem, overpriced trendy crap will continue to sell.

The true cost of materials could probably feed the worker who sewed them together for weeks. That's the sad part here.

I thought Abercrombie was on the "lower-end" of designers.

But If you have the money, why not? Personally, I'd rather put money like that towards an iPhone

I thought it was a lower end designer too. with the top designers being Gucci, Prada, etc., but I wouldn't really know, because I'm a guy.

I thought Abercrombie was on the "lower-end" of designers.

A&F is one of the "lower-end" designers. They are a "wannabe" expensive brand IMO.

$398?!! That's almost two pairs of True Religions, Seven's For All Mankind, or Rock & Republic.. all of which are of MUCH MUCH better quality than A&F.

I worked at the Abercrombie & Fitch in San Francisco and I can tell you that all of their more expensive "specialty" jeans are no different than their normal $100 -$150 dollar jeans. It's just another way for the company to trick their customers into spending huge sums of money on jeans that aren't even high quality. They just add a "limited edition" tag to their products and instantly prices go up ten fold. I hope no one is actually stupid enough to invest practically $400 dollars on destroyed denim from Abercrombie & Fitch... even if you do have the money.

Oh, and just FYI A&F -- destroyed/ripped jeans are OUT of style and they have been for a LONG time now!

I worked at the Abercrombie & Fitch in San Francisco and I can tell you that all of their more expensive "specialty" jeans are no different than their normal $100 -$150 dollar jeans. It's just another way for the company to trick their customers into spending huge sums of money on jeans that aren't even high quality. They just add a "limited edition" tag to their products and instantly prices go up ten fold. I hope no one is actually stupid enough to invest practically $400 dollars on destroyed denim from Abercrombie & Fitch... even if you do have the money.

Oh, and just FYI A&F -- destroyed/ripped jeans are OUT of style and they have been for a LONG time now!

Well said. Yeah the whole really worn, ripped-apart jeans-look is very much the last year's fashion, so yeah it's a really bad 'move' from A&F and especially for their 'trendy higher class'(?)image to bring up those jeans now and try to sell them.

Wes: I don't know if that's one of your jokes, hehe but I would say that those jeans costs 149.00$ as I've got a pair of Energie jeans and seen lots of their other jeans, they cost around 75-130€ here, so I would think they've just 'forgotten' to put a mark between the 9 and the 00's, or then the jeans are made of some golden threads or have like 14700$ spending money in the pockets or something, lol.

$400 is a bit steep for my tastes especially when I learned this valuable fashion tip when going out:

Great body trumps expensive fashion.

I made more that a few people bitter that had Diesel ensembles, and Versace and I ran in the club with a $25 shirt and $80 jeans... then yanked off the shirt and had the attention all night. If you're in shape, (just about) anything you wear will make you look good. I still wouldn't be shopping in Target for anything except gym socks and mouthwash.

I think I paid $150 for a pair of jeans and $125 for a pair of shoes though one time... you just have to make sure that they look flattering on you otherwise you're wasting money.

Terry

I like them.

But, hey, wait until they make an imperfect pair (which you won't even be able to tell because they're already supposed to be setroyed) and run out to your local Marshalls / Ross.

You can get 7 Jeans or True Religions for about $60!

Shhhh....

Umm, guys, that's the UK Abercrombie site, it's £398. As in, 398 POUNDS. So in actual fact that's almost $800 in US money.

Umm, no, the price is in US Dollars.

I just clicked again and actually watched my address bar, and when I click that link it takes me to this address:

http://www.uk.abercrombie.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?colorSequence=02&storeId=12406&productId=328772&parentCategoryId=12202&categoryId=12236&langId=-1&catalogId=10901

...which is the UK site and which has the price listed at 398 GBP. Which means if I buy them from the UK site I pay twice as much as if I buy them from the US site! WTF!!