TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Magazines

map2

Has anyone noticed the lack of roller coaster magazines in stores? I know there are not as many people who would pick up a roller coaster magazine as opposed to a car or style magazine, but Im'm sure there would at least be people who would buy one.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. We really need a few coaster mags. I mean look at it, there are 3-4 mags for every sport. There are mags for gardening for heavens sake. Even a RUNNING mag. .I mean come on running. This country is sad. Coasters are more popular than running people!!

Boy, would I love to see that day come! It sure would be much easier than oredering online.

Unfortunately, I think our love of coasters is a little bit too "niche" for most stores to even think about carrying. I think were pretty condemned to buying our mags online though. Another thing is that I'm not so sure even if enthusiasts knew they could get these mags at the store down the street...that they would take the time to buy 'em. I have a couple of enthusiast friends who think I'm fringe because I read "InPark" magazine.

Has anyone noticed the lack of roller coaster magazines in stores? I know there are not as many people who would pick up a roller coaster magazine as opposed to a car or style magazine, but Im'm sure there would at least be people who would buy one.

You answered your own question right there, buddy. Truth be told, roller coasters are a small niche for general interests. If you join a club, you'd get their newsletter/magazine once in a while, but by the time you get the magazine, the news has already been posted on the net.

I doubt many consumers would buy a magazine thats JUST roller coasters. However, if its a general interest magazine, I bet once in a while, they do articles on coasters. But will we ever see a core coaster magazine on shelves? Nope, never.

As for a TPR magazine however, sign me up if it has a picture of Robb shirtless on every cover!

^Which has the worst writing of any non-gossip magazine in print today.

Whatever happened to Amusement Park Magazine (or whatever it was called)? That one that did a huge article about Carowinds a long time ago. That was a really good magazine.

Amusement today is still around but you will never find it in any stores.

http://www.amusementtoday.com/

It is just a thing of the internet being a much better source and coaster lovin is not mainstream enough to be on newsstands.

nobody wants to read about that, they wanna know who knocked up this celebrity who is cheating on their husband while back in rehab.

JEFF

Unfortunately, Theme Parks Magazine didn't offer anything that would make it required reading.

Want construction and park photos? You'll find more on TPR.

Want trip reports? You'll find those here as well (and some pretty darn funny ones).

I got three issues of Theme Parks Magazine. The photos were very well done and the articles were...uh...fine. Nothing special. No 'behind the scenes' stuff. They read like long trip reports. You are WAY better off just reading up on things here.

I have always wondered this every time I go in to a shop selling magazines, but always come to the conclusion that there isn’t a big enough market for it.

I do however think that a theme park revue magazine would do quite well. It is already an established name, and I think quite a few members would buy it, along with members of the public that are planning a visit to an amusement park. It would have to be soled in the correct places e.g. near amusement parks, air ports, etc. and it would also make people that are un aware of the website aware of it, increase sails in TPR merchandise, and bring money on from parks wanting to advertise in the magazine. Of coerce if tpr were actually wanting to do this, they would have to do the correct market research to see if my theory is correct, I know I would buy it.