TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any coupons for SDC/WOF ??

Im going to Silver Dollar City/Celebration City and also Worlds Of Fun in a little less than 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone was aware of any local admission prices deals at either park via Subway/Wendys etc.

Or if it would just be better to order tickets via the internet, thanks in advance for any help offered.

PS-How is Worlds of Fun as I have never been to the park and havent heard alot about it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive ben going to SDC for years and I have never seen anything resembling a coupon. But I always think its worth the price.

I'm sure WOF has coupons somewhere (nearby businesses/restaurants?). Its a smaller park that can get boring by mid-afternoon, but they have a few decent coasters. Nothing you'll be gaga over.

The best way to go this season is the meal and admission package this season. You can find it at the website under the trip planning tab and then click on special offers. The price is 29.95 and you get an all you can eat dinner. You do have to call early for this deal. The number is 816.303.5135. I sound like a WOF rep don't I?

About the quality of the park. It is my home park so it is hard for me to say that it is average at best. I haven't been to many parks that I wouldn't want to trade with including Geauga Lake. I have fun at WOF, but it just is missing a real signature ride. But, it is small, lines are short, people are nice for the most part, and ride ops keep things moving. It is a really nice relaxed day, but none of the rides are going to blow you away. Mamba is my favorite. I think it is better than Magnum, but I'm not sure how much that says.

For SDC/Celebration City, get the two-park, three-day City Hopper pass. You'll save $5 compared to buying a one-day ticket at each park separately. Even if you don't use the two extra days, you're coming out ahead--and if you can use the extra days, even better!

About the quality of the park. It is my home park so it is hard for me to say that it is average at best. I haven't been to many parks that I wouldn't want to trade with including Geauga Lake. I have fun at WOF, but it just is missing a real signature ride. But, it is small, lines are short, people are nice for the most part, and ride ops keep things moving. It is a really nice relaxed day, but none of the rides are going to blow you away. Mamba is my favorite. I think it is better than Magnum, but I'm not sure how much that says.

I concur on all points -- except I think Patriot is a signature ride.

I think it's a great, great ride. It might not age well, but it's terrific.

I also think Mamba is better than Magnum -- Magnum has much, much more airtime, but it's getting kind of rough n' tumble. Mamba is just smooth and fast. While the drop is great (mainly because you can look down about 300ft to where Africa is), the helix is awesome, especially on a chilly night.

H

SDC is not running any promotions at this time as this is the heavy "tourist season" part of the year and honestly, they have no problem getting people to visit. On Saturday they were using Lot L which is unpaved and all the way back by the motel on Indian Point Road.

This is the one time of the year where I don't visit. In all honesty, you won't see the locals (the ones that actually spend money in the shops) return until Kids Fest is over. Too many tourists who are just in the way.

As for WoF. You can get cheap tickets from Price Chopper grocery stores or you can take advantage of their "pay once, visit twice" promotion they have going on right now by visiting their website.