6. Boulder Dash

5. T-Express

4. Goliath (Walibi World)

3. Lightning Rod

2. Medusa Steel Coaster

1. Voyage

Just missing the cut were Outlaw Run, Shivering Timbers, and Nemesis

Obviously just my signature

Honorable mentions to Goliath (SFOG), Raging Bull, Tennessee Tornado, Magnum, and Valravn.

Will be heading to BGT and Sea World in a few weeks so Montu, Kumba, Manta, and Mako could easily change my mind.

I like Montu better than Banshee. The way it dives into the trenches and how it never lets up.

The awesome floater air, back row on Diamondback makes for a better ride than Mako.

Don't underestimate Kraken (my favorite floor less) and Sheikra, the best Dive machine.

top 10 in my signature. some honorable mentions tho:

Goliath (SFOG)

Possessed

Mindbender (SFOG)

Wild One

Raptor (CP)

Jack Rabbit (KW)

Gatekeeper

Batman: The Ride

Bizarro (GreatAdv)

Lightning Racer

Blue Streak (CP)

Great White (Moreys)

Skull Mountain

1 - Karnan

2 - Taron

3 - Expedition GeForce

4 - Shambhala

5 - Katun

6 - Fluch von Novgorod

7 - iSpeed

8 - Batman : La Fuga

9 - Abismo/Stunt Fall

10- Silver Star

Next year my chart will totally change as I will be able to visit Liseberg. Kolmarden, Six Flags México (the new Medusa <3) and Six Flags Magic Mountain

^ Which Goliath?

Six Flags Great America's, my personal favorite wooden coaster

I loved Goliath at SFGAm, best ride in that park by a mile. If you liked it, you need to go ride some more RMC's. There are plenty near Chicago, including Lightning Rod at Dollywood, Storm Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom, and my personal favourite wooden coaster, Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City.

I'm happier now with my top 10 lists than I have been for quite some time. For a while it seemed like I had too few respected, quality coasters within my top 10s, even though I'd ridden plenty of major coasters. Then I (finally) developed a serious reluctance to give individual rankings. Now I feel like I'm back in the game!

I will say I haven't yet figured out a satisfactory way to decay rankings based on when I last rode something to account for bias or fading memories relating to that. There are still some rides high up in my lists that I'm likely to feel a lot differently about now...but I can still recall why I initially ranked them so high, so I don't want to deny those warm fuzzy feelings that could just as likely still hold true as not.

Steel

01. X2

02. Maverick

03. Storm Chaser

04. Twisted Colossus

05. Iron Rattler

06. Kawasemi

07. New Texas Giant

08. Dodonpa

09. Top Thrill Dragster

10. Phantom's Revenge

Newly booted (AKA honorable mentions): Eejanaika, Lightning Run

I think X2 has firmly reclaimed its spot, although Maverick is still an outstanding contender. I realize Eejanaika is super similar, and I had originally judged it as smoother, but I think I've had overall better experiences on X2, and my rides this year were surprisingly pain-free. Storm Chaser and Twisted Colossus are neck-and-neck, but today I'm giving Storm Chaser the edge for simply "doing what it does": simple and sweet. In ride quality I find them equal, and TC does of course offer more bang for your buck.

Wood

01. Boulder Dash

02. Coaster

03. Phoenix

04. Voyage

05. Giant Dipper (SCBB)

06. American Thunder

07. El Toro

08. Outlaw Run

09. Timber Terror

10. Tremors

I've only ridden Voyage this year, and I gave it a slight downgrade. I may soon be ready to move El Toro up to around 5, among more predictable company. Giant Dipper in particular is on shaky ground, although I certainly recall tons of airtime. I do love that Tremors and Timber Terror still make the list!

Edited by cal1br3tto

^ Which Goliath?

Six Flags Great America's, my personal favorite wooden coaster

I loved Goliath at SFGAm, best ride in that park by a mile. If you liked it, you need to go ride some more RMC's. There are plenty near Chicago, including Lightning Rod at Dollywood, Storm Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom, and my personal favourite wooden coaster, Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City.

I have ridden both Storm Chaser and Outlaw Run, and I liked Outlaw Run a hair less than Goliath, both are phenomenal rides but the first drop and zero-g stall blew me away. Lightning Rod was closed when I went in late July...

• 2 weeks later...
Top 10 of ALL TIME IN NO ORDER

Outlaw Run

Millennium Force

Maverick

Top Thrill Dragster

Voyage

Mindbender

Goliath (SFOG)

Goliath SFGAm

Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster

Space Mountain (DL)

Many other runner ups:

Afterburn

Raptor

All SDC Coasters

Phantoms Revenge

Gemini

Raging Bull

Thunderhead

Nammuch has changed for me. Gemini for underrated coaster of the year.

Oh man did our trip to Virginia over the weekend shake up my top 10. Still trying to let it all settle in my brain so not updating it just yet but I305 definitely smashed its way in there pretty high somewhere, probably Griffon and maybe even Volcano. Lots of surprises at both parks - I wish it wasn't so busy at work so I could write up a freaking report.

This dude was blown away by the power and speed of the mythical Griffon. true story.

Also yeah get working on that trip report. I'm far too lazy to write it so you're TPR's only hope for a Boldikus / Coasterbill Virginia weekend trip report.

This dude was blown away by the power and speed of the mythical Griffon. true story.

Also yeah get working on that trip report. I'm far too lazy to write it so you're TPR's only hope for a Boldikus / Coasterbill Virginia weekend trip report.

What can I say. First dive coaster and it lived up to the hype. Loved it.

And yes this report will be one for the ages. But I'm too busy "guest relatin" at work to even start on it.