Wood:

1-Thunderhead (DW)

2-Lightning Racer (Hershey)

3-Mean Streak (CP)

4-Twister (Knoebels)

5-Pheonix (Knoebels

6-Grizzley (KD)

I don't have any others

^I have the world's stupidest top ten, but seeing Scream over Riddler's made me shudder Lol, I guess we're on opposite ends of the spectrum on that one, Scream is on my sh** list

Both are excellent coasters and I thoroughly enjoyed both IMO. I just think I prefer the floorless aspect over the stand up.

1. Maverick @ Cedar Point

2. X2 @ SFMM

3. Coaster @ PNE Playland

4. Kumba @ BGA

5. Phantoms Revenge @ Kennywood

6. Dueling Dragons @ IOA

7. Phoinex @ Knoebels

8. Montu @ BGA

9. Incredible Hulk @ IOA

10. Comet @ Great Escape

Only have been on 17 coasters in my life, kind of sad for 27 years old, any way getting back into it now and looking to expand number at least by another 10 by the end of this season.

At present:

top 5 Wood

5)Hercules- Dorney Park

(I know I'm crazy but I loved how violent it was)

4)Twister- Knoebels

3)Wildcat- Hersheypark

2)Lightning Racer- Hersheypark

1)Phoenix- Knoebels

Top 5 Steel

5)Steel Force- Dorney Park

4)Farenheight- Hersheypark

3)Great Bear-Hersheypark

2)Talon-Dorney Park

1)Storm Runner

This year will ride the following, anyone venture to guess where they will be placed on my list??

Dorney:

Hydra

Possessed

Six Flags Great Adv:

Batman the Ride

Bizzaro

El Toro

Great American Scream Machine (I know this won't be up there)

Kingda Ka (If running)

Nitro

Rolling Thunder

Skull Mountain

Superman Ultimate Flight

I love wood coasters, but steel is starting to grow on me after Storm Runner and Farenheight

By the way the only other coasters I've ridden other than my top 10

Thunderhawk (Dorney)

Comet (Hershey)

Laser (Dorney)

High Speed Thrill Coaster (Knoebels)

Super Duper Looper (Hershey)

Sidewinder (Hersey)

Rockin Roller Coaster (Disney MGM)

and a few Wild Mice

Entire top ten

1. El Toro

2. Voyage

3. Maverick

4. Ravine Flyer II

5. Dragster

6. Kingda Ka

7. Diamondback

8. Behemoth

9. Beast

10. B:tR

Steel

1. Maverick

2. Dragster

3. Ka

4. Diamondback

5. Behemoth

6. B:tR

7. Nitro

8. Millennium Force

9. Steel Phantom

10. Mr Freeze or Dominator.. I forget where they officially rank

Wood

1. El Toro

2. Voyage

3. Ravine Flyer II

4. Beast

5. Evel Knievel

6. Shivering Timbers

7. Jack Rabbit (in the back, purely for the double down)

8. Kentucky Rumbler

9. Raven

10. Viper

These are just kinda rough-ish guesstimates since I'm not looking at my "official" list.. But they're fairly accurate I think.

I don't think mine has changed much from my last post in this thread. I did get 27 new credits on the Texas trip but none of them crept into my overall top 10 (some crept into my woodie top 10 but that list was pretty pathetic already):

10) Volcano

9) Sheikra (or Griffon, depending on the day you ask me)

8 ) Kraken

7) Mummy (USF)

6) Dueling Dragons--Fire

5) Goliath (SFOG)

4)Apollo's Chariot

3) Kumba

2) Nitro

1) El Toro

*I recently decided that Superman at SFA wasn't running as well the last time I rode it so it's off this list.

1.Kumba

2.Montu

3.kraken

4.Manta(it may up after my trip to seaworld next week)

5.Hulk

6.Batman(SFOG)

7.Dueling Dragons(fire)

8.Mind Bender(SFOG)

9.Georgia Scorcher

10.Dueling Dragons(ice)

if i could travel then i would really have a true top ten lists but im stuck at my homeparks.... i wont argue with my odds!

• 1 month later...

My recently-updated list...

Steel:

1. Bizarro - Six Flags New England

I've been riding this coaster every year since my first visit to SFNE in 2003. Since about 2006, it had been in a real need of TLC, to the point where the airtime was affected and the overall power of the ride just was getting lackluster, although it still remained my #1 coaster. I'm happy to say that the Bizarro treatment,new trains, and TLC given to it make it 10x better an experience than before. The drop, 2 underground tunnels, and 9 extreme airtime moments make this coaster a BIG step above the rest of my top coasters.

2. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure

Not much to say here...incredible first drop, incredible airtime, including the most extreme moment of airtime I've ever experienced, going over Rolling Thunder.

3. Millennium Force - Cedar Point

Just rode this coaster for the first time a few days ago, and got in about 20 rides over 3 days at all times of day and in all parts of the trains. I never thought I could enjoy a coaster this much without having tons of airtime, but the way this coaster keeps up the speed is just fantastic. Also, I nearly blacked out almost each time while going through the huge first overbank.

4. Superman Ride of Steel - Six Flags America

Great first drop, awesome airtime, VERY intense helices. The blue train gives MUCH better rides than the red train, though. I rode this about 20 times during my visit, and the red train just shuffles and rattles a lot. This coaster is fantastic, but would be even better, and possibly even beat Millennium Force on my list, if it got new trains and some TLC.

5. Maverick - Cedar Point

One of the most intense coasters I've ever ridden. My first two rides I actually didn't enjoy because I've never had my head bashed so hard into an OTSR before in my life. However, once I "learned" to ride it, it was incredible. The airtime hill is nuts and the snappy turns and inversions are extremely intense. Also, the slow-down followed by 0-70 launch beneath the station were extremely cool.

6. Storm Runner - Hersheypark

Easily the best Intamin Accelerator coaster I've been on, and I wish more parks would build coasters like this. The launch was extremely powerful and the entire ride was just pure speed, and even had a few good pops of airtime.

7. Ride of Steel - Darien Lake

Beautiful coaster with a beautiful setting. Unfortunately, this one doesn't run quite as well as Six Flags America's version. The trim was on toward the end of the ride, which hurt the airtime on 2 of the bunny hops at the end. But overall, still a great coaster.

8. Talon - Dorney Park

By far the best and most intense B&M invert I've been on. The trenches at the bottom of the first few inversions are very cool and create great foot-choppers in the front row, there's a good pop of airtime in the middle of the ride, and the on-the-ground turns toward the end were crazy. The speed almost never lets up throughout the entire ride.

9. Nitro - Six Flags Great Adventure

Great floater airtime, a very different experience from the Intamin megas/gigas I've been on. Overall a fantastic coaster.

10. Fahrenheit - Hersheypark

Vertical lift followed by a 97 degree drop was a VERY unique and intense experience. Also, the pretzel-looking loop had great forces, and there were 2 pretty good pops of airtime. Another type of coaster I wish we'd see more of.

Only have been on 17 coasters in my life, kind of sad for 27 years old, any way getting back into it now and looking to expand number at least by another 10 by the end of this season.

At present:

top 5 Wood

5)Hercules- Dorney Park

(I know I'm crazy but I loved how violent it was)

4)Twister- Knoebels

3)Wildcat- Hersheypark

2)Lightning Racer- Hersheypark

1)Phoenix- Knoebels

Top 5 Steel

5)Steel Force- Dorney Park

4)Farenheight- Hersheypark

3)Great Bear-Hersheypark

2)Talon-Dorney Park

1)Storm Runner

This year will ride the following, anyone venture to guess where they will be placed on my list??

Dorney:

Hydra

Possessed

Six Flags Great Adv:

Batman the Ride

Bizzaro

El Toro

Great American Scream Machine (I know this won't be up there)

Kingda Ka (If running)

Nitro

Rolling Thunder

Skull Mountain

Superman Ultimate Flight

I love wood coasters, but steel is starting to grow on me after Storm Runner and Farenheight

By the way the only other coasters I've ridden other than my top 10

Thunderhawk (Dorney)

Comet (Hershey)

Laser (Dorney)

High Speed Thrill Coaster (Knoebels)

Super Duper Looper (Hershey)

Sidewinder (Hersey)

Rockin Roller Coaster (Disney MGM)

and a few Wild Mice

I love a steel coaster as much as anyone, especially MF. However, El Toro will surely move way up your list. Let us know what you think. Its the only current reason why I would go back to GADV and I can't get enough of it. In my top 5 for sure.

Well, my coaster year is pretty much over so I can now rest on an official top ten until next year.

1. Maverick

2. Apollo's Chariot

3. Shiekra

4. Goliath(SFOG)

5. Manta

6. Griffon

7. Thunderhead

8. Kraken

9. Afterburn

10. Magnum

Honorable Mentions: Mystery Mine, Tennessee Tornado, Montu, and Millennium Force.

Lets see...

T1. Maverick (CP)

I love this for how much fun this ride is. It made me laugh all the way through the entire ride! The best steel in my opinion.

T1. The Voyage (Holiday World)

Probably the closest coaster to perfection as its gonna get. Mega air time, tunnels, NINETY DEGREES!!! The crown jewel in wooden coaster (or all coasters period) belongs to a family owned park. Whoda Thunk it!

3. Goliath (SFoG)

Just what the Doctor ordered! A big ol' slide in and out of the park in the most comfy trains ever! The best ride of the south!

4. Millennium Force (CP)

My Number one from 2001-2007, You just cant beat front row on this ride. Amazing height! Amazing Drop! Amazing Speed!

5. Griffion (BGE)

Dont look Down! Only ride that scared me and made me laugh Simultaneously. Seriously, the Beer men know how to make nice rides.

6.Top Thrill Dragster (CP)

17 seconds of pure bliss

7. Expedition Everest (AK)

Disney's Best ride of any kind in my opinion. Not surprised by the themeing as I was by the sheer intensity of the helixes and drop.

8. Rockin' Roller Coaster (DHS)

My favorite coaster from 1998-2001. This ride still gets me. I notice something new everytime I ride it. Also AEROSMITH ROCKS!

9. Magnum XL-200 (CP)

Well the Grandfather of the coaster race is still my favorite coaster to ride at night. Who doesnt love a great air time machine with a scenic view

10. Mindbender (SFoG)

My Favorite at SFoG till Goliath. I cant belive how great this coaster still runs. Intensity, inversions, senic views and a pop or two of air time makes this a perfect coaster to round out my list.

Honorable Mentions: Afterburn, Kraken, Kumba, Montu, Alpengiest

1.Top Thrill Dragster (the launch is the most awesome thing ever.)

2.Diamonback

3.Millineum Force

4.The Voyage(just wasn't getting the "omfg" air everyone is raving about, still top 5 ride though.

5.The Boss(preferably at night)

6.Kentucky Rumbler

7.Maverick

8.The Beast(this was in my top 5's but now the trims kill the whole damn thing)

9.Mr.Freeze (St.Louis)

10.Batman:The Ride(St.Louis)

Lets see...

7. Expedition Everest (AK)

Disney's Best ride of any kind in my opinion. Not surprised by the themeing as I was by the sheer intensity of the helixes and drop.

I completely agree on that. While it's not in my top 10, Expedition Everest is extremely under-rated. By far the best Disney coaster.

I can't do a Top Ten, I have to do Twenty, cause, I'm indecisive. But, this is my Top Twenty, with a few making an appearance after the West Coast trip!

1. Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce

2. Ravine Flyer II, Waldameer Park

3. Phoenix, Knoebel’s

4. Goliath, Walibi World

5. Behemoth, Canada’s Wonderland

6. The Ultimate, Lightwater Valley

7. Dragon Khan, Port Aventura

8. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain

9. Apollo’s Chariot, Busch Gardens Europe

10. Furius Baco, Port Aventura

11. Storm Runner, Hershey Park

12. Nitro, Six Flags Great Adventure

13. Sheikra, Busch Gardens Africa

14. Terminator Salvation, Six Flags Magic Mountain

15. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure

16. Talon, Dorney Park

17. Griffon, Busch Gardens Europe

18. Tatsu, Six Flags Magic Mountain

19. Ride Of Steel, Darien Lake

20. Superman Ride of Steel, Six Flags New England

How in balls did you rank the SFDL Superman: Ride of Steel above the REAL one at SFNE? I don't comprehend that... at all. 20th, really? And El Toro 15th? I agree with Boulder Dash as #1, but Goliath, Behemoth, Ultimate, Apollo's, Kahn, X2, Terminator, etc all before El Toro and Superman? Are you not a fan of ejector air hyper coasters?

^It's his list not yours There are many people that only base their opinions on the amount of air you get from a coaster. This sounds like you. I like high speed turns and overbanks as much as I do airtime hills and maybe he does as well. It's kinda pointless to argue with someone elses list.

No no no, I'm not arguing. I'm actually interested in why he didn't like Superman (SFNE) and El Toro enough to be in the top 3-5. I am especially interested in his comparison of the two Superman coasters. Most people (me included) find the SFDL and SFA versions BORING, where as the SFNE one is just about as close to the perfect coaster as it gets (ridiculous ejector air, LOTS of air hills, an awesome banked turn around, a fast flat section, 2 forceful helices, 2 tunnels, and oh, did I mention all the insane air-time?).

Just curious, am I the only one who has a hard time putting my favorite steel coasters in some kind of order? Bizarro at SFNE is a clear cut #1 for me, but after that I have a hard time picking the order, even my top 5 or 10. ...Now my wooden top 10 is not a problem.

^I actually find Ride of Steel to be a very good ride. While I don't have it ahead of Bizarro or El Toro, it's still cemented in my top 5.

1. Bizarro - SFNE

2. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce

3. Maverick - Cedar Point

4. Fahrenheit - Hershey

5. Millennium Force - CP

6. Phantoms Revenge - Kennywood (This isn't one you see in top 10s much and I don't know why. I haven't ridden a lot of the coasters that typically make top 10s though. It had good airtime and was really fun!)

7. Top Thrill Dragster - CP

8. Expedition Everest- Animal Kingdom

9. Phoenix - Knoebels

10. Great Bear - Hershey

Just curious, am I the only one who has a hard time putting my favorite steel coasters in some kind of order? Bizarro at SFNE is a clear cut #1 for me, but after that I have a hard time picking the order, even my top 5 or 10. ...Now my wooden top 10 is not a problem.

^I actually find Ride of Steel to be a very good ride. While I don't have it ahead of Bizarro or El Toro, it's still cemented in my top 5.

I think the issue with steel coasters is there is a lot more similarity between the rides for the most part. For examples, the B&M hypers/inverts/floorless/etc. all have such similarities between all the rides it can make it tough to really decide which is better then the others. Normally I just have to go by which ride I have been on last out of a type of steel coaster because that one will stick out in my mind as being better then the rest.