TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are your TOP TEN COASTERS

A new update from August 2018. Blue are new entries red ones are kick outs from back then.

Steel:

1. Untamed (Walibi Holland)

2. Schwur des Kranan (Hansa park)

3. Expedition GeForce (Holiday park)

4. Taron (Phantasialand)

5. Blue Fire (Europa park)

6. Helix (Liseberg)

7. Smiler (Alton Towers)

8. Katun (Mirabilandia)

9. Fenix (Toverland)

10. Black Mamba (Phantasialand)

11. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

13. Nemesis (Alton Towers)

Wood: (No new Wooden coasters this year)

1. Wildfire (Kolmarden)

2. Colossos (Heide park)

3. Balder (Liseberg)

4. Wodan Timbur coaster (Europa park)

5. Troy (Toverland)

6. Joris en de Draak (Efteling)

7. Wicker Man (Alton Towers)

8. Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)[/color]

9. Mammut (Tripsdirll)

10. Loup-Garou (Walibi Belgium)

1. Intimidator 305 - It's a popular choice, but good GOD, what a beast. The first drop is absolutely incredible, it either gives crazy good floater in the front or you-are-going-to-die ejector in the back. That first turn will make you grey/black out, no exceptions. Every transition throws you around like a ragdoll, every hill has insane ejector... I mean, it's perfect from start to finish. Just yes.

2. Kumba - This is the definition of a god-tier B&M. As soon as you crest the first drop, it's one rapid-fire inversion after another at speeds that don't even feel legal- that MCBR does nothing and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm pretty sure this is the coaster that I've ridden the most in terms of laps, and this ride 100% deserves that title.

3. Twisted Timbers - Ah yes, the ride that got me to sip the IBox Kool-Aid. I think this coaster has the most airtime out of any other ride I've ever experienced. Ejector is everywhere and it's pure chaos. You're out of your seat more than you're in it. It's amazing.

4. Goliath (SFoG) - My personal pick for the best hyper. The first drop isn't much to write home about, but the rest of the ride is just B&M beauty. Floater on every single hill, that insane downward helix pulls some serious grey-out inducing positives, and the return leg is borderline ejector. It's a really long ride, it's butter smooth, and I love it.

5. Mako - This used to be my number one, and while it has sunk a bit in my rankings over the years, this is still an amazing coaster. Stupid good first drop, the setting over the water is fantastic, and you're flying out of your seat throughout the entire layout. Also, this is the only coaster that I can think of that the airtime is better in the front. Boldikus can vouch for me on this.

6. Twisted Cyclone - My hometown RMC kicks so much butt. Sure, it's on the shorter side, but what it lacks in length it makes up for in pure insanity. The first drop in the back whips you out of your seat and provides awesome laterals as it twists a bit to the side, that wave turn is pure sustained ejector, and it never slows down. Do I wish it was a bit longer? Well, yeah, kinda. Is it still an amazing ride? Absolutely.

7. Alpengeist - Easily my favorite invert. The entire ride is just perfection, from start to finish. There are times that the ride tries to kill you (top of the cobra roll and the transition into the MCBR) and I wouldn't have it any other way. The finale gets a bit of flack for killing the ride's pacing by taking things slow, but I'd argue it's the perfect compliment to the balls-to-the-wall first half. Plus, it gets points just for being at BGW. I freaking love that place.

8. Mine Blower - I will never understand the people that say this thing is rough in any way. It's not what I'd call butter smooth, but how anyone could dislike this ride is beyond me. As soon as you crest that drop, you're in for some crazy sh*t. The zero-g gives awesome hangtime, every single hill has ejector, and the laterals are some of the strongest I've ever felt on any coaster that isn't a wild mouse.

9. Montu - ...I mean come on, it's Montu. While I do think this ride is severely overrated, I can't deny it's absolutely amazing. It's intense, it's long, the batwing is pure evil, and it's just awesome. Shoutout to the ops, too, y'all are cool.

10. The Incredible Hulk Coaster - Maybe it's just me, but I seldom ever see this coaster mentioned in enthusiast circles. And I'll never get that, because this thing is fantastic. Forceful launch, intense inversions, great theming, and an absolute banger of an onride soundtrack. What's not to love?

Edited by Dombot

Mine shuffled around a bit after going to CP again

1. El Toro

2. Superman the Ride

3. Maverick

4. Skyrush

5. Steel Vengeance (I’m going to get roasted for this one)

6. Millennium Force

7. Storm Chaser

8. Boulder Dash

9. Wicked Cyclone

10. Fury 325

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a little bummed my top 5 is no longer all Intamin but it is what it is. * = new addition

1. Maverick

2. Steel Vengeance*

3. El Toro

4. Skyrush

5. Superman (SFNE)

6. Intimidator 305

7. Wicked Cyclone

8. Twisted Cyclone

9. Twisted Timbers

10. Phoenix*

11. Millennium Force

12. Phantoms Revenge

13. Storm Runner

14. Cheetah Hunt

15. White Lightning

16. Mako

17. Nitro

18. Alpengeist

19. Magnum XL200

20. Montu

21. Griffon

22. Volcano

23. Gale Force

24. Goliath (SFOG)

25. Apollos Chariot

26. Dominator

27. Kumba

28. Verbolten

29. Mind Bender (SFOG)

30. Valravn*

https://coaster-count.com/user/19191/ridden

After my last two new credits of the year, here is what I assume to be my final list of 2019

These coasters get 11/10

1. Fury 325 - A masterpiece, I can't put it any other way.

2. TTD/KDK - They're essentially the same ride, don't @ me. Really good rides, though.

3. Steel Vengeance - Another masterpiece--most of the time.

4. Maverick - After 12 years the thing still delivers like it was built yesterday.

5. Eejanaika - I'll admit it's been a minute since I last rode, but I have very fond memories!

These coasters get 10/10

6. Beast - My personal favorite wooden coaster

7. Diamondback - It's personal. Nothing screams home or nostalgia to me like Diamondback. The ride itself ain't bad, either!

8. Cannibal - Very underrated, mostly because a lot of enthusiasts haven't been on it. Hangtime galore. One of the best first drops in the world.

9. Tatsu - I love me a good B&M flyer over the trees.

10. El Toro - Very different from Beast, and probably a tie for my top wooden coaster. In a world where RMC exists, though, I can't really bring myself to rank it any higher on my list.

These coasters also get 10/10, but remain off the top 10 list to avoid redundancy

Millennium Force - Good ride. Does what Fury does but not quite as well.

Twisted Colossus - I'd argue it has stronger airtime than Steel Vengeance, although the pacing is very off.

Ghostrider - 'nuff said

X2 - Does what Eejanaika does but not quite as well

Here's a little update after an extensive Japan/Korea trip. I feel like Top-25 may give a bit more perspective:

1. Steel Vengeance

2. Lightning Rod

3. T Express

4. Intimidator 305

5. Maverick

6. Hakugei

7. Outlaw Run

8. Skyrush

9. Twisted Timbers

10. El Toro

11. Expedition GeForce

12. Phoenix

13. Coaster (Playland)

14. Wildfire

15. Medusa Steel

16. Fury 325

17. Wonder Women

18. RailBlazer

19. Iron Rattler

20. Helix

21. Twisted Colossus

22. Mega-Lite (HV Shanghai)

23. Kawasemi

24. Prowler

25. Superman the Ride

Some notes:

- Yeah, RMC is dominating the list. 11/25 spots.

- Trusty, old Intamin isn't too far behind. 9/25 spots. Also T Express is truly insane.

- I love me some wood coasters. 8/25 spots. Pretty good ratio I'd say.

- Only 1 B&M makes my top 25 anymore.

- Two different "clones" make it in!

- Eight years ago, Superman the Ride (aka Bizarro aka Superman: Ride of Steel) was my #1 coaster. Now it's my #25.

Just curious, how did T-Express score so highly? Based on what I've seen, it just looks like a clone of Balder (which didn't crack your list) with a Toro sampler platter tacked on to the beginning. What made it stand apart from those 2 rides?

(Note, when I say it's a clone of balder, it's literally identical to Balder after the MCBR; compare the povs)

Just curious, how did T-Express score so highly? Based on what I've seen, it just looks like a clone of Balder (which didn't crack your list) with a Toro sampler platter tacked on to the beginning. What made it stand apart from those 2 rides?

(Note, when I say it's a clone of balder, it's literally identical to Balder after the MCBR; compare the povs)

I would be wondering the same thing. Here's a little breakdown:

The first drop (albeit shorter than Toro) is steeper and felt like Skyrush. The next hill is sustained ejector much like GeForce's first straight hill. You proceed to enter a death curve at crazy speeds and do the figure-8 thing. The airtime into the Midcourse is otherworldly in the front.

The latter "half" is much like Balder, yes, but the big difference is it feels like 1.5x speed. My complaint with Balder was that it felt quite slow through a lot of the turns. T Express fixes that and turns it up. Ejector on every hill

T Express feels way longer than both those coasters and has more spots of airtime in total. It has a more complete layout than Toro, and it also has the best setting in the group. I was under-hyping the ride before I rode, but it completely blew me away.

• 3 weeks later...

After my visit to Italy last week:

1. Hyperion

2. Wildfire

3. Taiga

4. Untamed

5. Shambhala

6. Schwur des Kärnan

7. Taron

8. Helix

9. Expedition GeForce

10. iSpeed

11. Colossos - Kampf der Giganten

12. Lech Coaster

13. Karacho

14. Wodan Timbur Coaster

15. Goliath (Walibi Holland)

16. Katun

17. Alpina Blitz

18. Red Force

19. Fury

20. Troy

21. Valkyria

22. Icon

23. Fēnix

24. Superman / la Atracción de Acero

25. Raptor (Gardaland)

26. Lost Gravity

27. The Swarm

28. Oblivion - The Black Hole

29. Black Mamba

30. OzIris

• 3 weeks later...

Made first trip to Knoebels for Phoenix Phall Phunfest and have a new coaster in my top 10

1. El Toro

2. Superman the Ride

3. Maverick

4. Skyrush

5. Steel Vengeance

6. Millennium Force

7. Storm Chaser

8. Boulder Dash

9. Phoenix

10. Wicked Cyclone

Phoenix actually kicked Fury from my top 10 I really need to get down to Carowinds again and give that ride another go.

^ Front row night rides almost make it better than Phoenix for me.

1) Lightning Rod

2) Voyage

3) Steel Vengeance

4) Untamed (Walibi)

5) Coaster (PNE Playland)

6) Phoenix

7) Boulder Dash

8) Expedition GeForce

9) Fury 325

10) Twisted Colossus

With a limited park resume and not being able to ride everything due to short kids and time restrictions...

1. Millennium Force

2. Ride of Steel (SFDL)

3. Apollo's Chariot

4. Storm Runner

5. Mystic Timbers

6. Griffon

7. The Beast

8. Banshee

9. Alpengheist

10. Ravine Flyer II

1. Steel Vengence - Cedar Point

2. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England

3. Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England

4. Millenium Force - Cedar Point

5. Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point

6. Gatekeeper - Cedar Point

7. Valravn - Cedar Point

8. Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa

9. Magnum XL-200 - Cedar Point

10. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce

Old Club TPR memeber Montuman99 here, forgot my old password but wanted a new account anyway

Hope everyone has a great day and can't wait to see 2020 coasters climb up the list.

I always have such a hard time with these. Between constantly riding new coasters and reriding old coasters

Maverick

Fury 325

Lightning Run

Shivering Timbers

Phantoms Revenge

Lightning Rod

Mako SWO

Goliath SFGAM

Montu

Storm Chaser

I will never understand you Boulder Dash over Phoenix people as long as I love but to each his own.

It's okay, I've taken their names down for future reference.

1) Lightning Rod

2) Voyage

3) Steel Vengeance

4) Untamed (Walibi)

6) Phoenix

7) Boulder Dash

8) Expedition GeForce

Funny how all of my Top 5 coasters are in your Top 10

1. Expedition GeForce

2. Lightning Rod

3. Steel Vengeance

4. Voyage

5. Coaster (PNE)

6. Outlaw Run

7. Storm Chaser

8. X2

9. Nemesis

10. Millennium Force

I will never understand you Boulder Dash over Phoenix people as long as I love but to each his own.

Admittedly it's been 10 years since I rode Boulder Dash so my opinion would likely be much worse if I rode it now, but when it was at its glory Boulder Dash at night was pretty much unbeatable, even by Phoenix. And then when it was over you could reride it instead of calling 911 for your new rib injury or because you just railroaded the train coming off the transfer track.

1) Lightning Rod

2) Voyage

3) Steel Vengeance

4) Untamed (Walibi)

6) Phoenix

7) Boulder Dash

8) Expedition GeForce

Funny how all of my Top 5 coasters are in your Top 10

1. Expedition GeForce

2. Lightning Rod

3. Steel Vengeance

4. Voyage

5. Coaster (PNE)

6. Outlaw Run

7. Storm Chaser

8. X2

9. Nemesis

10. Millennium Force

Just get on Phoenix, Boulder Dash, and Untamed so it matches completely.

I don't think I've done a proper Top 10 in a while but since I did revisit a few parks for some new credit this year/last fall here's one off the top of my head. The Beast and Space Mountain are total nostalgia picks but whatever, it's my list.

1. Maverick

2. Steel Vengeance

3. Lightning Rod

$. Phoenix

5. The Beast

6. Kumba

7. Phantoms Revenge

8. Storm Runner

9. Raptor

10. Space Mountain