TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are your TOP TEN COASTERS

This has changed a bit, so I'll update it again...

1) Millennium Force (cry about it )

2) El Toro

3) Phoenix

4) Maverick

5) Fury 325

6) Lightning Rod

7) Kumba

8) Montu

9) Raptor

10) Tatsu

MForce was my #1`for 14 years. It's actually something that always made me chuckle with some enthusiasts...if it's not forceful/intense enough for some, not enough air or they dont like the layout or whatever, that's fine to each their own. But so many actively trash it...like it's some garbage joke and if you dare have it near your top you're just a CP fanboy

I always thought rides like I305 or Skyrush which may be better are too intense/not as outright enjoyable. Took Wicked Cyclone to finally have that combo of more airtime, intensity but also smooth/super easy to ride with a great layout and pace.

I actually think Fury may be better, and Lightning Rod seems like #1 material. Attempting to get to both this year but not lookin good

I used to be able to run my top 10 in order, but the top few get switched out so many times that I just have to say those top 5-ish are interchangeable as #1. That said...

1. Montu

2. Banshee

3. Lightning Rod

4. Kumba

5. Diamondback

6. Thunderbird

7. Storm Chaser

8. X2

9. Voyage

10. Mystery Mine

This has changed a bit, so I'll update it again...

1) Millennium Force (cry about it )

2) El Toro

3) Phoenix

4) Maverick

5) Fury 325

6) Lightning Rod

7) Kumba

8) Montu

9) Raptor

10) Tatsu

Honestly surprised you have Toro so much higher than LR. Obviously not mad about it, its just surprising.

EDIT: I know you're serious with that list, but I think putting those two coasters over Lightning Rod is hilarious I get that opinions are opinions, it's cool to have them and everything. Lightning Rod is just objectively better then them in every measurable way. I also wouldn't consider your 7-10 in my top 25, but people look for different things in coasters I guess? I just know you've been on Skyrush and I305, so it's blasphemous to see any of those looping B&Ms ahead of those two. *IMO*

As you said, everybody likes different things. Personally I love speed. For example, Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster are gimmicky coasters where a good portion of the ride experience is spent blasting down a perfectly straight section of track at a ludicrous speed and I absolutely can't get enough of them and would probably rank them both somewhere in my top 20 coasters. Millennium Force and Fury both push (and probably exceed on hot summer nights) 100 MPH and maintain absolutely insane speeds for the duration of the ride. The fact that they have lap bars so you can just throw your hands up and enjoy that ridiculous speed just makes them even better.

Is it sort of a gimmick? Yes I easily impressed? Probably. Am I completely ignoring the intricacies of good coaster design, creativity, forcefulness and all that good sh*t that probably means I'm a terrible enthusiast? Yup. Do I give a sh*t? Nope.

For what it's worth, I do have Intimidator 305 at #11 (followed by Wicked Cyclone at #12) so if I extended it out to a top 12 it would probably have more "enthusiast approved" coasters included. If I extended it to a top #13 though it would have Gatekeeper so I sort of wish this was a top 13 just so I could post that and then watch everyone lose their collective sh*t.

Honestly surprised you have Toro so much higher than LR. Obviously not mad about it, its just surprising.

El Toro's first drop is a lot of the reason why. That's the single greatest drop I've ever experienced on any coaster and while Lightning Rod's was good, it didn't even come close to providing that level of sustained ejector airtime.

10. Mystery Mine

1) Millennium Force

5) Fury 325

6) Lightning Rod

You always have the best sarcastic posts!

I just know you've been on Skyrush and I305, so it's blasphemous to see any of those looping B&Ms ahead of those two. *IMO*

Implying Montu or Kumba don't deserve to be on the list.

Kumba is absolutely amazing and I'm so glad I followed Coasterbill's advice to sit back right. Easily the best zero-g roll of all time.

MForce was my #1`for 14 years. It's actually something that always made me chuckle with some enthusiasts...if it's not forceful/intense enough for some, not enough air or they dont like the layout or whatever, that's fine to each their own. But so many actively trash it...like it's some garbage joke and if you dare have it near your top you're just a CP fanboy

THIS is SO massively true!!! I think hearing those kind of enthusiasts talk about MF so derisively is what made me realize that there was a real danger in losing sight of reality when giving ones self fully to "becoming a roller coaster enthusiast", and so I decided not to ever do so myself! If I ever say "Millennium Force-less", it's definitely time to draw up commitment papers, because saying saying water is dry and humans can fly by flapping their arms isn't far behind!

I always thought rides like I305 or Skyrush which may be better are too intense/not as outright enjoyable. Took Wicked Cyclone to finally have that combo of more airtime, intensity but also smooth/super easy to ride with a great layout and pace.

I actually think Fury may be better, and Lightning Rod seems like #1 material. Attempting to get to both this year but not lookin good

MF was my #1 for 15 years, until I rode Fury! You're definitely in for a treat riding that one! LR as well, though that settled in at #5 for me. It could be #1 though. It's awesome too!

It's really nice to see the recent comments on here that I've seen. My list is not ranked by what I may perceive to be the "best" ride but on what ride provides the most fun to me. Fun is so purely objective and that's a beautiful thing. I think hockey is a blast and my wife far prefers baking. Which of us is wrong? Neither. Why do rollercoasters have to fit a mold? Anyways, here are my lists.

Steel

Fury 325

Wicked Cyclone

Maverick

Storm Chaser

Goliath - SFOG

Diamondback

Millennium Force

Nitro

Apollo's Chariot

Skyrush

Wood

Voyage

Mystic Timbers

El Toro

Boulder Dash

Phoenix

Ravine Flyer II

Thunderhead

Wooden Warrior

The Beast

Grizzly

Steel

10. Volcano The Blast Coaster

9. Insane

8. Whizzer

7. The Bat/Flight Deck

6- Thunder Dolphin

5. Jetline

4. Alpengeist

3. Goliath La Ronde

2. Behemouth

1. Maverick

Wood

10. Viper Great America

9. Roar

8. Beast

7. Jack Rabbit

6, Racer Kennywood

5, Wild One

4. Phoenix

3, lighting Racer

2. Shivering Timbers

1. El Toro

Steel

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park

2. Taron - Phantasialand

3. Helix - Liseberg

4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park

5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park

6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park

7. Goliath - Walibi Holland

8. Red Force - Ferrari Land

9. Silver Star - Europa-Park

10. Flug der Dämonen - Heide Park Resort

Wood

1. Balder - Liseberg

2. Wodan Timbur Coaster - Europa-Park

3. Troy - Toverland

4. Colossos - Heide Park Resort

5. Joris en de Draak - Efteling

6. Heidi The Ride - Plopsaland De Panne

7. Tonnerre de Zeus - Parc Astérix

8. Stampida - PortAventura Park

9. Tomahawk - PortAventura Park

10. Robin Hood - Walibi Holland

• 5 months later...

1. El Toro

2. Intimidator 305 (Rode it Saturday 4 times )

3. New Texas Giant

4. Millennium Force

5. Nitro

6. Apollo's Chariot

7. Storm Runner

8. Thunderhead

9. Afterburn

10. Intimidator Carowinds

I have yet to ride Fury 325.

2017 update.

Steel:

1. Skyrush

2. Maverick

3. Expedition GeForce

4. Intimidator 305

5. Medusa Steel Coaster

6. Millennium Force

7. Fury 325

8. Superman The Ride

9. Kumba

10. Raptor

(11.) Taron

Wood:

1. Voyage

2. El Toro

3. Phoenix

4. Boulder Dash

5. Outlaw Run

6. Ravine Flyer II

7. Legend

8. Timber Terror

9. Tremors

10. American Thunder

(11.) Joris en de Draak

Edited by Condor

Maverick

El Toro

Skyrush

Superman: The Ride

Intimidator 305

Wicked Cyclone

Phantoms Revenge

Millennium Force

Storm Runner

Nitro

Can't wait to see how Florida shakes this up.

Have to pull out my spreadsheet, this will have to be updated again one day.

Current Rankings

1. Skyrush

2. Fury 325

3. Talon

4. Millennium Force

5. Loch Ness Monster (Probably a little high but I just love this coaster, reminds me of being a kid)

6. Ravine Flyer II

7. Intimidator

8. Maverick (probably a little low but I need to ride it again, it's been about 10 years)

9. Hydra The Revenge

10. Apollo's Chariot

Even though I find it difficult to develop and maintain a top 10 list, I decided to do it last weekend to the best of my ability. Some roller coasters could probably swap spots based on my mood, but this is a general idea.

1. Skyrush (this is definitely #1)

2. Kingda Ka (front row only)

3. El Toro

4. Intimidator 305

5. Fury 325

6. Maverick

7. Twisted Colossus

8. Wicked Cyclone

9. Nitro

10. Fahrenheit (this ride is criminally underrated)

Honorable mentions that barely missed this list are X2, Millennium Force, and Superman the Ride.

Wood

1) Phoenix

2) Boulder Dash

3) Wildfire

4) Balder

5) Voyage

6) El Toro

7) Cornball Express

8) Ravine Flyer II

9) Shivering Timbers

10) Goliath (SFGAm)

The Coney Island Cyclone just missed the cut here.

Steel

1) Expedition GeForce

2) Iron Rattler

3) Fury 325

4) Twisted Colossus

5) Shambhala

6) Helix

7) Millennium Force

8) Skyrush

9) Phantom's Revenge

10) Superman (SFNE)

The last steel spot could easily be switched out for New Texas Giant or Wicked Cyclone. Superman in the front row is better than any seat on those two, but those two are consistently better in every other seat if that makes sense.

Edited by Canobie Coaster

Lets see how my list has changed this year now that all of our trips for the season have been completed! (I'll also finally be lumping my top steel and top woodies into one list)

1.) Top Thrill Dragster

2.) Maverick

3.) Nitro

4.) Millennium Force

5.) Lightning Rod

6.) Outlaw Run

7.) Griffon

8.) Diamondback

9.) Mystery Mine

10.) Verbolten

• 2 weeks later...

1. Volcano

2. Lightning Rod

3. Goliath (SFOG)

4. Thunderhead

5. Afterburn

6. Griffon

7. Intimidator (Carowinds)

8. Wild Eagle

9. Mindbender

10. Great American Scream Machine

I didn't ride Fury 325 when I was at Carowinds. I'm sure it will be on here next year.