TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are your TOP TEN COASTERS

1. Fury325

2. Millennium Force (I just have a soft spot for this one)

3. Leviathan

4. Maverick

5. TTD

6. Diamondback

7. Banshee (Another soft spot)

8. Behemoth

9. Intimidator

10. Goliath at Six Flags

Heheh, I threw in that last one to confuse you all. Happy guessing!

#1 Kingda Ka (SFGAdv) - The only coaster that has genuinely scared me, Epic Launch, Speed, height, Drop - Haven't ridden TTD tho.

#2 El Toro (SFGAdv) - Insane Woodie. Awesome Drop with constant speed & airtime

#3 Nemesis (Alton Towers) - My all time favourite

#4 X2 (SFMM) - Mental! kind of rough but I didn't care.

#5 Shambhala (Port Aventura) - One Awesome B&M Hyper plenty of airtime and speed

#6 Tatsu (SFMM) - Took me by surprise this one, enough said.

#7 Montu (Busch Gardens) - Rode it back in 2002 but what I remember I loved it.

#8 Twisted Colossus (SFMM) - Awesome coaster the topgun stall is topnotch, green side is better than the blue side. Constant airtime!

#9 Colossus (Heide Park) - El Toro's Smaller sister. Great woodie with a massive layout.

#10 Superman Escape From Krypton (SFMM) - Backwards launch won me over with this one.

Honorable Mentions Go to Troy at Toverland, Black Mamba at Phantasialand.

1) Maverick

2) i305

3) Alpengeist

4) Millennium Force

5) Magnum XL - 200

6) The Beast

7) Kumba

8) Tempesto

9) Kraken

10) Firehawk (I hear what you're thinking, come at me!)

I'm always happy to see somebody else have Kraken in their Top 10! (Even if they do have a Vekoma Flying Dutchman in there as well! )

• 1 month later...

Top 10 Steel

1. Millennium Force (first overall)

2. Iron Rattler

3. Maverick

4. Leviathan

5. Behemoth

6. Full Throttle

7. Bizzaro

8. Gatekeeper

9. Wicked Cyclone

10. Superman Krypton Coaster

Top 10 Wood

1. Tremors

2. American Eagle

3. Timber Terror

4. The Comet (Great Escape)

5. Coaster (Playland)

6. Giant Dipper

7. Viper Gam

8. Blue Streak

9. Little Dipper

10. Mean Streak

I'll update this list another time as next year seems to be a big year for me in terms of coasters.

1. Skyrush (Hersheypark)

2. El Toro (SFGAdv)

3. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce)

4. Bizarro (SFNE)

5. Storm Runner (Hersheypark)

6. Wicked Cyclone (SFNE)

7. Full. Throttle (SFMM)

8. Xcelerator (Knotts)

9. Fahrenheit (Hersheypark)

10. Nitro (SFGAdv)

Never been able to blend my steel & woodies, so;

Steel

1) Bizarro

2) Banshee

3) Alpengeist

4) Skyrush

5) Apollos Chariot

6) I305

7) Diamondback

8) X2

9) Volcano:BC

10) Montu

* Yes, I luv Inverts most

Wood

1) Thunderhead

2) Comet (SFGE)

3) Phoenix

4) Lightning Racer - Thunder

5) Lightning Racer - Lightning

6) Beast

7) Great American Scream Machine

8) Wild One

9) Twister

10) Jack Rabbit or Thunderbolt (keep switching the KW pair)

1) Millennium Force, Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio)

2)Bizarro, Six Flags New England (Agawam, Massachusetts)

3) Nitro Six Flags Great Adventure, (Jackson, New Jersey)

4)Top Thrill Dragster,Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio)

5)The Voyage,Holiday World (Santa Claus, Indiana)

6)El Toro,Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, New Jersey)

7)Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion (Doswell, Virginia)

8)Apollo’s Chariot,Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Williamsburg, Virginia)

9)The Rocket ,pavilion-park(myrtlebeach,southcarolina)

10)Intimidator,Carowinds (Charlotte, North Carolina)

My Top ten is below, in my sig, but I thought it'd be interesting to split steel and wood, and see what it looked like. So here goes!

STEEL

1. Fury

2. Millennium Force

3. Maverick

4. Phantom's Revenge

5. Kraken

6. Expedition Everest

7. Behemoth

8. Thunderbird

9. GateKeeper

10. Banshee

WOOD

1. The Voyage

2. El Toro

3. Shivering Timbers

4. White Lightning

5. Cornball Express

6. Lightning Racer

7. Apocalypse (apparently, I rode it before it went bad!)

8. Blue Streak

9. Raven

10. Screamin' Eagle

I think the moral of this post's story, is that I need to ride a better selection of wooden coasters!

1. Skyrush

2. El Toro

3. Maverick

4. Voyage

5. Goliath (SFOG)

6. Mindbender

7. White Lightning

8. Goldstriker

9. Phoenix

10. Blue Streak (CLP)

Something like that but really the order constantly changes, I am forgetting some probably, and there are 10 more or so that I am completely tempted to somehow add in by swapping out others.

I revisited my top ten again, and made some adjustments.

1. New Texas Giant (SFOT) - Very smooth coaster with dynamic range of forces, ranging from extreme ejector airtime to strong positive g-force to ragdoll-like laterals. It also has consistent pacing, very comfortable trains, some amount of theming, and a great first drop. This ride is best ridden in the back of the train, but any seat is a good seat on this amazing ride!

2. Iron Rattler (SFFT) - If you took NTaG and condensed it into a ride half the length, then placed it in a beautiful setting and threw in a barrel roll, you'd get Iron Rattler. It's a pretty short ride, but its flawless pacing makes up for that. It has the same trains as NTaG and has the best first drop of any coaster I've been on. This is a back seat ride for forces, but a ride in the front of an awesome terrain coaster isn't to be sneezed at!

3. Superman: Krypton Coaster (SFFT) - This floorless coaster starts with a lift hill onto a 100 foot cliff, the same one Iron Rattler uses. Its setting is very similar to Iron Rattler's, and both utilize their terrain equally well. Superman's inversions are executed well in the first half, but as the ride goes on it gets a nasty rattle to it. This is a front seat ride as with most B&Ms.

4. Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast (SFOT) - For such a short ride, Mr. Freeze packs a major punch. From a backwards launch to some crazy hangtime-filled symmetrical stuff, this is probably the most messed-up ride I've been on. The entire ride is packed with hangtime, and with just a lap bar, it's pretty intense. It's not a very smooth ride, but the minor rumble you get is far from the first thing you notice on the ride. This ride can be ridden anywhere for the same messed-up, intense, and super fun experience, although the front and back are probably the best.

5. Shockwave (SFOT) - You'd think an old coaster would be incredibly rough. Well guess what, this is a Schwarzkopf and is incredibly smooth. The first time I rode Shockwave it was boring and I greyed out in the loops. I really wasn't a big fan of it. However, after a ride in the back row, I realized why Schwarzkopf is so heavily praised. This ride felt so out-of-control and crazy, with insane airtime that threw me against the lap bar and kept me there for a few seconds at a time. The laterals and positive g's aren't to be scoffed at either. This is definitely a back row ride. Don't waste your time with the front half of the train.

6. Judge Roy Scream (SFOT) - I was surprised to see this coaster rank so high when I first rode it. It's just a little family woodie, but its pops of floater airtime and very comfortable trains make all the difference. It's not nearly as rough as people say. The back lacks airtime and smoothness, so I'd say this is a front row ride. The second row is pretty good too.

7. Poltergeist (SFFT) - This ride has great forces and like Shockwave is very out-of-control. However, the restraints aren't as comfortable and there's little to no airtime. I'd say this is a back row ride because there's more airtime and stuff.

8. Batman: The Ride (SFOT) - This ride is incredibly forceful and smooth with relentless pacing and flawless inversions. Front row ride by far.

9. Goliath (SFFT) - This is the same as Batman: The Ride at SFOT but isn't as smooth or forceful Front row ride as well.

10. Titan (SFOT) - I really wanted to like this coaster and I do, but it's probably the biggest letdown I've had. I'm used to having low expectations and being blown away (Judge Roy Scream, Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast), but this ride had an underwhelming first drop (didn't feel steep at all), literally one moment of airtime (the top of the turnaround), and I almost black out every time I ride it. There's a few redeeming facts about Titan, though: it has very comfy seats, and outside of the helices has a twisty, tame, and just sort of fun layout. It's also incredibly smooth. I can't decide if this is a front or back row ride since I always rode in the middle area.

It's been a while and I'm sure there's a lot of changes since I last posted, I have had 3 new additions in each of my top 10's just this year. I think I can finally be really happy with my top coaster list.

Steel:

1. Intimidator 305

2. New Texas Giant

3. Bizarro

4. Iron Rattler

5. Skyrush

6. Twisted Colossus

7. Millennium Force

8. Maverick

9. Goliath, SFOG

10. Storm Runner

Wood:

1. Outlaw Run

2. El Toro

3. Phoenix

4. Boulder Dash

5. Coaster, Playland

6. Gold Striker

7. Tremors

8. Thunderhead

9. White Lightning

10. Giant Dipper, SCBB

Steel:

1. Expedition GeForce (Holiday park) Loved every aspect of this ride, the drop the airtime.

2. Blue Fire (Europa park) Provides a good punch from start to end.

3. Black Mamba (Phantasialand) The ride is already good enough on its own, but the theming seals it a top 3 spot.

4. Silver Star (Europa park) Smooth and airtime. Also this is the highest coaster I've been on till today, can't forget that.

5. Baron 1898 (Efteling) Again a already good ride that knows how to work with theming. The overall experience really makes this coaster great.

6. Sky Scream (Holiday park) This ride delivered more then I expected. It looks so simple but I make sure my lap bar is closed on this one.

7. Flug der Dämonen (Heide park) Okay it doesn't have that punch or airtime. Yet still that drop seals the deal I believe.

8. Krake (Heide park) Got to say dives sure know how to impress. Short but sweet it is.

9. Goliath (Walibi Holland) Maybe the best Dutch coaster I've ridden (Baron stands higher because of overall experience). The Stengler is by far the best element.

10. Rock 'n Roller Coaster (Walt Disney Studio's Paris) Love the music, really that's it. The ride is fun and all but the music makes it my number ten.

This top ten will look different next weekend after visiting Hansa park. I have little doubt Schwur des Kärnan knows how to get on this list.

Wood:

1. Colossos (Heide park) Love that drop, also airtime.

2. Wodan Timbur coaster (Europa park) A ride that doesn't disappoint from start to end.

3. Troy (Toverland) I have something with good fist drops like this one.

4. Joris en de Draak (Efteling) Again the fist drop on both sides seals the deal, follow that with a fun ride afterwards.

5. Mammut (Tripsdirll) It was a great ride. But there is a huge hole between Mammut and Joris en de Draak.

6. Loup-Garou (Walibi Belgium) Again we leave a big hole and we enter the woodies that I like less. Loup-Garou stands on top of this being less rough as expected.

7. The Bandit (Movie Park Germany) Perhaps new trains could raise this rides place, it doesn't have a bad lay-out just the roughness makes it bad.

8. Robin Hood (Walibi Holland) A coaster I can live with skipping, but honestly I never did, I have no idea why.

Wood only goes to 8 now because that's pretty much all woodies I've done so far.

You could say I'm still very local with Dutch and German rides ruling this list. I still hope next year there will be more diverse countries on this list.

I'm skeptical of this list, personally, and everything past #7 has room for error.

1. Outlaw Run

2. Intimidator 305

3. Millennium Force

4. Apollo's Chariot

5. Superman Krypton Coaster

6. Incredible Hulk

7. Griffon

8. Wildfire

9. American Thunder

10. Volcano: The Blast Coaster

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite coasters have changed a bit in the last few weeks. Welcome back both X2 and Tatsu!

1) Skyrush

2) Medusa :Steel Coaster

3) Maverick

4) El Toro

5) New Texas Giant

6) Wicked Cyclone

7) Twisted Colossus

8) X2

9) Voyage

10)Tatsu

And apparently, I prefer steel over wood by 10 to 1.

1. Fury 325, Carowinds

2. Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion

3. Superman - Ride Of Steel, Six Flags America

4. Thunderhead, Dollywood

5. Afterburn, Carowinds

6. Intimidator, Carowinds

7. Volcano - The Blast Coaster, Kings Dominion

8. Wild One, Six Flags America

9. Mind Bender, Six Flags Over Georgia

10. Goliath, Six Flags Over Georgia