TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help IDing this Coaster...

So I am trying to ID this coaster for work. I realize this is likely a stock shot from Corbis, but I can't figure out where it is. I know it's not in Ontario, as the ad indicates (we only have two Arrows and one Boomerang, and none are white).

So, can anyone help narrow down where this is?

Thanks!

Andy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No white Arrow coasters(going by photos from rcdb) have been in Ontario, so I don't get the title. I found Kamikaze (aka Ninja at SFoG) at Dinosaur Beach as a close match though.

Edit:

If it's a boomerang, then the only coaster I found was Bat at Canada's Wonderland, but it wasn't white according to rcdb. However, it did say that it was built by Arrow.

It could be the Bat at Canada's Wonderland. I'm pretty sure that it must have been repainted at some point considering its age as it's looking pretty new now.

Could it have originally been white?

How old is the photo?

The Bat's been the same black and red since opening day (I was there...it broke down a lot).

I found Boomerang at La Ronde as a possibility (it's since been repainted and I can't find a more-detailed image, but the colors look right):

When Le Boomerang was white, I don't think the side of the train had more then one color, I remember it being red and yellow, the typical arrow train color used on Vekoma! It could be the one in Ocean City, Maryland. I believe the name is Tidal Wave at Trimper's Rides.

-Dainan "The world may never know" Rafferty

It probably is La Ronde's model. In one of the rcdb pics, it showed a white Boomerang with a red Arrow train, and since based on the recent pictures (taken in 2006 by CanobieFan) the coaster still has Arrow trains, but they are blue. Since it's being advertised as a Canadian (Ontario) coaster, I wouldn't be surprised if they still took a picture of a different coaster, but still in Canada, which apparently they did. So yeah, my money is betting on La Ronde's model. Also, in the advertisement picture, it is taken on the right side of the loop, and as I double checked the old picture on rcdb, I'm pretty sure there is a path to the right side of the loop. It's hard to see, but I think it's there.