TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My Ongoing Spain PTR

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^What about teacups on UK

I was kidding Louise a little about the tea cup rides and waltzers, and any comparison in 'sickness quotient,' between the two.

That's it.

. That sucks that your assigned seats on the drop tower.

We did, we just pointed what side we wanted to go on and the ride op let us

Think they where scared of The Brits!

That worked once for me. Even when there was noone else in line (after stampida ERT) the b1thcy ride op told us no. I sitll got over a dozen rides on the standup sides, so I'm not complaining.

Day 4: I love you Port Aventura, oh yes I do

Ok, moving on through the trip. Today was a full day at Port Aventura. Plenty of time to hit the park, the waterpark, and even have a break for a TPR dinner. Good stuff. You'd think since we were staying at the park, it wouldn't be a very early morning for us, but Robb had ERT on Stampida, the park's large dueling wooden coasters, lined up for us.

I seemed to have trouble getting up in time, so Lou and I got to the breakfast buffet with about 10 minutes until we had to meet downstairs. I scarfed it down. You could tell the resort really caters to the British based on breakfast. The side rooms had the typical Spanish breakfast items, but the main buffet in the center was full of those British staples. Fried eggs, beans, bacon, roasted tomatoes, etc. I had a little of each (and a fresh churro), and darted downstairs to make it in time.

On to the parks' buses and to the back of the park (which involved driving like 0.5 miles away from the park and then around 3 roundabouts). They had both sides up and running for us. But they were only allowing people to sit in the backseats if there was a full train, well at least initially.

What can I say about Stampida? It had good laterals and the dueling effect was neat. Oh, and it was the worst wooden coaster of the trip. I can only imagine how cool it was with the other trains and the lack of trim brakes. But now, it was rough, painful, and slow. Not fun.

I took a lap on each side, and then took my hangover and sat outside the entrance until the rest of the park opened.

I'd like these trains more

Yah, I look way cooler than Don in the seat

So here's the funny part. I didn't really take many pictures at all this day. So most of this update will be text.

After everyone was done with Stampida, we headed over for some re-rides on Hurakan Condor, and then went to hit Tomahawk. Tomahawk is the junior woodie. It ran really smooth, and had a fun little layout. It was even timed to "duel" with Stampida. Great little coaster (and I liked it better than Stampida).

Afterwards, we headed over to the Old West section to show Robb the true "WTF?" of El Diablo. We even sang the theme song.....

Oh, and the panthers spotted this in line, so I got a picture.

I split off from the rest of the group and just chilled on a bench with Robb and KidTums for awhile. I was feeling a bit sluggish, and had already been on most everything I wanted to ride. I ate lunch with those that had been in Templo del Fuego, rode a few rides on my way out, and then headed back to the hotel to rest. Lou must have had the same idea, because she was already there laying down.

At 4pm, we headed out for the water park.....Caribe Aquatic park.

We had to get tickets the night before since the place sells out every day. And after arriving it was obvious why. It was a very very small water park. There were 2 body slides, 2 tube slides, a family raft slide, a wave pool, and a lazy river in the outdoor section. The indoor section had two tube slides and a pool. That said, they were all pretty good.

We were a bit disappointed at first with the family raft slide, the first 6 turns were a little dull. Then we hit the bottom 4 turns. AIRTIME from getting so high up the sides. In fact, on the last turn, Jon's knee went into my tooth (or vice versa), and I sliced my lip open rather bad (and my tooth broke skin on his knee). Insanity. We made sure to ride indian style on subsequent rides.

Also while in line for the raft slide, we got a little show from one of the wild west stunt show actors. He was changing for the show, and happened to do so outside so the girls in the waterpark could see. He went as far as to change his underwear (back towards us) outside.

What else about the waterpark? Hmmm.....oh, the indoor body slides were fun, but banged you up quite a bit with the quick turns. Oh, and there were far more board shorts than I expected for Spain.

After the water park, we went back to the room, showered, and were off to dinner at the buffet restaurant at the hotel. It was an included meal, and it was "Mexican" night. I use quotes, because it really wasn't very authentic at all. The taco meat, carne asada, and desserts were good though.

Oh, right before dinner, we found out our mascot was in the lobby

El Taco eating a taco

Ok, back to the park.....

The queue house for Furious Baco

We got another ride on Baco, this time I rode towards the front. It was a little better than the first ride, but still not all that good. Still not looking forward to ERT on this BEAST.

We headed back through the Old West, and we made sure to hit all the water rides again.

Somehow, on the log ride, there was a huge 5 minute gap between logs, so the first people in our group that got on, were arriving back in the station before we boarded. Robb, Chris, and someone else were in the boat behind us, and they kept gaining on us throughout the course. I had to laugh when they got stopped violently by the blocking system.

Ooooh......Hurakon Condor in the dark (insanely more exciting)

This thing looked so cool at night

The blurs are the cars falling

Entering China

Jon holding up his "fake sign" in front of Dragon Kahn for coaster #100

Dragon Kahn was even better at night. We rode 2 times. And both were insanely good. The first ride was pitch black because the lights hadn't been turned on. There were fireworks going off in the distance. HOW MAGICAL!

Isn't it gorgeous?

While most of the group went here for a revival of the previous night,

I ventured off to take a few more pics around the park.

Sea Odyssey entrance

The Polynesian show

Mediterranean village near the front

Back to the hotel for our nightly social hour at the bar

Hey, hey, the gangs all here

Lou and I trying to look sexy, but ended up just looking drunk (it was Sangria night)

These two look sober (......right)

Another ending to another great day.

Next: Day 5: Kahn, Tibidabo, and Barthelona

I use quotes, because it really wasn't very authentic at all. The taco meat, carne asada, and desserts were good though.

Dude the Burrito's kicked serious ass!

Oh dear, kinda embarassed about the last one. I wasn't (believe it or not) actually drunk here, but Dom said no one had "his credits", so i thought I'd steal his credit virginity (i still have mine. mwahahaha)!

The pictures of Hurricane Condor at night are awesome!

Another great PTR.

Stampida was 100times better with the old PTC trains, it used to be awesome, great airtime, great lats, Insane 1st half, fast 2nd, smooth and extremely fun. Now it's rough, has no airtime, the 2nd half is slow and just sucks. I used to rate it 10/10, now I rate it 4/10.

I use quotes, because it really wasn't very authentic at all. The taco meat, carne asada, and desserts were good though.

Dude the Burrito's kicked serious a$$!

I don't trust your British judgement of Mexican food. They tasted good, but they weren't real Mexican.

Hmmm, you know its all of the bar pictures that makes me wonder if I'd ever want to do one of these trips. Having been sober 5 years now (May 25) I wouldn't want to be alone in my room every night with everyone out "partying-" oh wait I do that now which is why I am currently typing on this website...

^ I understand that in some circumstances even being around alcohol can be difficult, but as an example, I only drank alcohol two maybe three nights, most of the time many of us were on soft drinks, and out of 48 people, I'd say most nights there were only about 20-25 of us in the bars. There's always plenty of activity going on elsewhere, in Madrid people would walk down to McDonald's, in Benidorm we all sat around/in the pool, on the UK trip last year there were several nights where people congregated in hotel rooms, either in large groups or in twos and threes so we could chat quietly... Obviously the temptation will always be there, but I'd say no more so really than in daily life.

Great update !

Oh, and the panthers spotted this in line, so I got a picture.

I consider myself as 100 % straight, but even I'm impressed.

Hey, hey, the gangs all here

Is it me or is Robb holding Lou's right boob on every picture of them 2 together during the Spain/Europe trip ?

Hmmm, you know its all of the bar pictures that makes me wonder if I'd ever want to do one of these trips. Having been sober 5 years now (May 25) I wouldn't want to be alone in my room every night with everyone out "partying-" oh wait I do that now which is why I am currently typing on this website...

On the UK trip, there were a number of people who liked to hang out at the hotel bars--there were also quite a few people who didn't. "Partying" was not a "required" activitiy (as in, no one was pressured to go out drinking). I'm sure on any of these trips that you could find a number of folks who would be interested in spending their evenings some other way, so don't let the bar pictures discourage you.