TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America on the 26th, Kings Dominion on the 27th, Carowinds on the 28th and 29th, and SFOG on the 30th and 1st. I've already been to these parks except SFOG, but I'm still excited to get on Twisted Timbers and Copperhead Strike for the first time as well as experience SFOG for the first time!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFFT tomorrow afternoon.

then SFOG on Labor Day (I know. . but in Atlanta for Dragon*con, and on Labor Day everyone is in "recovery" mode and doesn't do much "con" stuff anyways, so I suggested going to SFOG, and a few friends want to go). Expect it to be packed.

Awesome! Want to meet up?

I would like to, but the problem is that me and my dad need to leave very soon . Maybe a next time?

I live in Santa Clara county, so I was going to do my annual California's Great America trip. I'm trying to think of who to spend it with because while I have lots of good friends, a good amusement park companion is a different feat. Will they ride this? Will they mind going on water rides? How much will they pack? Those kind of things.

I am not going to visit Six Flags Discovery Kingdom this year. My last visit was kinda meh. Even with the RMC Joker, I just feel their lineup is full of shuttle coasters, and full length coasters that feel like shuttle coasters (superman). Also the layout is so weird, I just don't have fun there.

I might go to Six Flags Magic Mountain this year and Universal Studios Hollywood, but we'll see.

Assuming everything holds up, and we don't get sick, the family and I have had a trip to Hersheypark in the books scheduled since March. Once my son gets out of school on Wednesday's early dismissal, we're hitting the road, and staying until Saturday morning. We picked up the two-day "everyone pays kids price" tickets back in February before the season started, so we're planning on doing the preview night on Wednesday, then one day in the waterpark and one day for the rest of the rides (depending upon which day the weather looks best). With any luck, and maybe some Miracle Gro, this should end up being his first rides on Skyrush, Fahrenheit, Great Bear, and Storm Runner. On top of that, my 4-year-old daughter will be getting her first rides on Comet, Laff Trakk, and Sooperdooperlooper. Fingers crossed!

Awesome! Want to meet up?

I would like to, but the problem is that me and my dad need to leave very soon . Maybe a next time?

No problem!

Just rode Fury. Much better than expected! Few good pops of airtime and some perfect hangtime. Hoping to get a backwards ride now, though. Overall, I think it is a perfect fit for the park.

My annual Canada's Wonderland day on Tuesday. Last year, when entering the park the woman checking my pass said she needed to see my season pass or a ticket after I handed her my Platinum pass. I just find it amusing that outside of Cedar Point I get looked at funny when presenting my platinum pass (It also happened at kings Island last year at early entry and at Dorney the year before).

Right about this time next week, I'll be getting breakfast at the International Food Court at Knoebels. Then Kennywood a couple days after!

Will be Six Flags Great America on July 3rd for the Maxx Force member preview. Next new parks are Elitch and Lakeside on Wednesday, July 10th!

I just got back home from a multi-park trip on the East Coast, so my next park will be either Knott's or SFMM. However, we do have plans to go back to Northern California later this month and visit CGA and SFDK.

• 2 weeks later...

2nd trip of the year to Carowinds on Saturday. Wife's brother is joining us which means I'm free to ride as much as I want. FL+ from prez day.

Uh...

*looks at calendar*

...apparently Dorney Park for the second time this year. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Then next weekend we've got a trip out to the Poconos for Camelback Mountain, Camelbeach, and Aquatopia across a three day jaunt. Should be fun, it's our first time visiting that resort. (I dunno if you can consider it a park but whatever.)

And then in early August we're renting an AirBNB and spending four days down at Wildwood to hit Morey's Piers, their waterparks, the boardwalk, and all that good stuff. Really looking forward to that one! It's been too long since we've been down that way.