TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Married on Tatsu?!

So my brother is browsing Youtube for coaster videos, and he comes across this:

Link

I'm thinking-WTF!?

But then, I noticed at the end (I don't know if it applies for all of them) that a couple were actually stationed in Iraq, and that Six Flags provided them with a wedding, since they did not have the money to have one.

I think it's very strange to be married on Tatsu.

-Mike

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its because Six Flags had some promotion on July 7th to get people married on roller coasters. An interesting day, though I was not festive in the spirit of "OMG LUCKY 7!!"

As for other occasions, I remember a couple a LONG time ago that got married on Montu, if I recall.

People get married everywhere -- on the beach, in McDonald's, underwater, sky diving, in a plane, on a cruise ship, by Elvis in Vegas, or at the Star Trek Experience. I don't find getting married on Tatsu unusual.

To each their own, certainly might be a lot cheaper than most weddings, a drive through wedding in Vegas would be good enough for me.

Could have been weirder, someone could have gotten married to Tatsu, I could see Mantis man or some other weirdo doing that, consumation of that union would be ugly, and make a mess on one of the supports.

Cheers, have to give this a check later.

Remember a couple doing this at Fantasy Island a few years ago too, all over the news it was. But sure beats a normal church wedding. They should stick the vicar in the front too and he could do the speech too .

I suppose with weddings costing so much, most people would take a free one.

I think it's very strange to be married on Tatsu.

-Mike

This is quite a common thing actually. A bunch of couples got married on Borga few years back.

I think a friend of Ted's got married on Boulder Dash last year.

As much as I love coasters, I'd really rather not get married on any coaster...it's just too cheesy to me.

Melissa had heard about the promotion by Six Flags for 07/07/07. She thought I would have been begging her to agree to do it. But instead we went with the traditional church wedding. I don't think I would personally care to have done it any other way. But everyone has their choices, and those who chose to go with a coaster based wedding probably had a great time. Melissa and I had a great time with our plain old fashioned wedding, especially when her maid of honor passed out, that was a classic moment.

Six Flags Over Georgia had the exact same ceremony event on 7/7/07 with Goliath, Six Flags Great Adventure with El Toro, Six Flags Over Texas with Titan, and Six Flags Great America with Raging Bull. This one I'm not too sure, but I also think Six Flags New England with Superman Ride of Steel.