TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Paranormal ship walk on the Queen Mary

Ok so I know this isn't exactly theme park related, but I figured this was the right place for it.....

So last night to celebrate my ex's birthday, she wanted to go on one of the ghost tours of the Queen Mary. For those of you that don't know...the Queen Mary is a gi-normous passenger liner built way back in the 1930's which now is permanently dry docked in Long Beach, CA. To give you an idea of the size of the ship, it is still bigger than most major cruise ships today and is actually longer and taller than the Titanic. Something you may also not be aware of is the fact the ship is considered to be one of the 10 most haunted places in the world. Why is a passenger ship so haunted you might ask. Well back in WWII the Queen Mary was transformed into the "Grey Ghost" and used as a transfer boat for soldiers. On one particular voyage, she carried over 16,000 soldiers on a single crossing. Ok Ok enough history, but it's been documented that in the past 60 years, over 45 deaths have been reported on the ship, and many of those people have refused to move on to the afterlife. I'm actually pretty sure that I caught one on camera...more on that later. So let's begin our tour....

I'd like to take a moment to let you know that none of these images you are about to see were doctored in any way shape or form except to lighten the darker pictures, and to create a couple zoom boxes for you to see a better look at the activity going on

After we checked in we had about an hour before the tour was to begin so we headed up to the main deck. Here's a shot of Long Beach from the promenade deck of the Queen Mary

There wasn't a way to re-enact the famous "i'm king of the world" moment from "Titanic" so this would have to do

I'm definitely not cut out to be a sailor

What other cruise ship do you know of that has a gun turret on it. This was added during the "Grey Ghost" era

So here is the information for the tour we took, it's pulled right off the queen mary website

So now it was time to start the tour, and in walks this smokin little thing, had to be in her late 20's and it turns out she is our psychic for the evening Without seeming weird I was able to snap a pic of her while she was giving us the introduction. Since there was no flash, she's a little blurred, sorry guys

So the tour starts in this room, where we walk over a pool showing off one of the massive propellers of the ship. If you've been to their Halloween event Shipwreck, you've probably seen this before. As we entered this room, we could hear a faint what seemed to be groaning noise, it just kept repeating itself over and over again

First major stop on the tour was the engine room. When we entered this room we immediately heard the groaning noise we heard in the propeller room, only this time it was a little louder. Erika, our tour guide starts to tell us the story of a man named John, a crew member who was crushed to death in this door

Over the years many people have said they have spotted a figure, supposedly John walking up and down these catwalks in the engine room. Also while we were in this room, we heard an elevator running for quite a bit. No big deal except the elevator that was running is mostly closed down and rarely used plus it is only used by employees with key cards, and most of them won't even use it because it is reported to be haunted.

Before you start thinking that this is all staged, I can tell you it is not. They do however have a smaller ghost tour called "ghosts and legends" that runs during the day in which the rooms they go into have special effects and noises and so on. There are absolutely no special effects used during the paranormal ship wlaks

Erika then asked for a volunteer to use what are called dowling rods, which are used to contact spirits. Two other people volunteered and didn't get much of a result so I thought I'd give it a try

The way it works is you hold the sticks somewhat straight forweward loosely in your hands then the psychic proceeds to ask the spirit to move the sticks in their direction. To make sure I wouldn't intentionally move them, I closed my eyes, when I opened them this is the direction they were pointing. Sorry about the cut off photo, but you can see the rods are pointing down the catwalk

Next stop on the tour was the boiler room. Now we were actually lucky to get in here because believe it or not, one of the most haunted places on the ship, is actually a nightclub on the weekends, but it wasn't being used tonight so we got to go in. Now just a couple seconds later i took another shot

A little different picture isn't it. Most of those circles you see are nothing more than dust particles but some of them are orbs, though it is odd there were no dust particles in the previous pic. Orbs are one form of parnormal activity, kind of a concentration of spiritual activity, which cannot be seen by the human eye, but are very frequently caught on camera in haunted places

Here you can see an orb a little more zoomed in

And here is another very bright orb

Here you can see one behind this lady who apparently wasn't feeling too comfortable about being there

Down this walkway lies the entrance to boiler room #3, but as you can see there is a gate in front of it. Erika then told us the story of a man named Henry who is the resident ghost in this part of the ship. While he isn't an evil spirit, he's definitely not one of the more friendly ghosts aboard the ship. In the past the tour used to go through to boiler room # 3 but on one occasion, A lady felt somebody grab her neck, and when they looked, there was a handprint on her neck and no one was near her to leave it. since then Erika refuses to go near the gate, and it no longer is part of the tour.

That didn't stop me from walking right up to that gate and taking a picture, and look who was there to greet me. Hi Henry

To the right of the gate is an actual opening into the boiler room, and just a couple seconds later, same location....

Another orb appeared, Henry seems to like me

From another angle, one second there is nothing...

About a second later this thing appeared in the shot

Now also keep in mind, that there is nothing on these walls that reflect light

So time to take a picture and see if we could get any of our little friends in there with us. Turns out we ended up with a giant light behind us...but wait it gets better

A couple seconds later the picture was taken again, the light was still there, and it apparently got bigger

But then a couple seconds later, it dissapeared

That seemed to be enough excitement for the boiler room so it was on to our next stop, the cargo hold, and the first room where I felt genuinely freaked out

So here is the cargo hold, a very claustrophobic stuffy room that sits 40 ft below the water, almost immediately when we entered the room, the groaning noise started again, only this time it was pretty loud. And after a minute of hearing it, it started to move around the room. At one point we could almost make out the words "help me" amongst the low droning groan. Erika informed us that she believes this is the original source of the sound, as this room was the sight of a very tragic event, where quite a few people were killed.

Again you can see another example of how in one picture there is hardly anything, but just a couple seconds later, it's a much different story. Again orbs are present

Here's another one

In the middle of this room is a giant shaft, not sure exactly where it went up top but down below, during war times it was used to house the POWs

Looking up the shaft you can see a single floating orb

After we left the cargo hold, we passed through an area known as the archives, which takes up a substantial portion of the ship, as they have all the original furniture and other things stored in this area. As we walked by Erika told us she saw a figure very briefly at the end of the hallway, I pulled out my camera and at first I thought I had nothing, but then I caught another orb right there by the couch

We continued on to the last stop on the tour, the first and third class pool

The pool is considered by some to be the most haunted area on the ship, and judging by what i caught on camera, and what I experienced, I would probably agree. If you do end up taking the regular "ghosts and legends" tour, you will get to come through here, though they have the place rigged with a TV and special effects so it's by no means the same experience

There are certain places that as you walk up to them you feel kind of bad vibes or negative energy surrounding them, this was one such place. It's located on the opposite side of the pool on the side i shot from. There is a staircase which leads to the second level and this is a sort of closet underneath that staircase. For some reason, I knew I wasn't supposed to go in here

Behind the far wall of the pool lies the changing rooms. Erika told us that she believes that this corridor is a vortex or a doorway to the otherside. So a group of 15 of us came in here and each couple picked a stall, and then the lights went off, and the really scary stuff started happening...

As we entered the room the place smelled dank and mildewy, but as we stood in the pitch black everyone at once started saying that we could smell flowers. Erika told us that was a spirit named Jennifer who is seen walking around the 2nd level in all white. The smell vanished, but then a few seconds later we all smelt cigarette smoke. That was are good friend Henry from the boiler room. Apparently he decided to come pay us a visit. One lady freaked out and left because she felt something grab and pull her purse, and there was nobody with her. Once they left, it was our turn. ABout a minute later I could have swore that I saw a very dark figure walk in front of us down the corridor. It stopped a couple stalls down form us and appeared to be looking into the empty stall. It stayed there for a minute then out of nowhere, it appeared to turn around and look straight at me. I couldn't quite make out a face but i Knew it was facing towards me, so I said, that's enough for me and got the hell out of there

While the second group went in for their not so terrifying experience I walked around shooting some pictures seeing if i could catch anything on film. Here is the pool looking straight down from the upper level. I heard that one of the deaths here was a person that jumped from the 2nd level into the pool killing themself. This apparently was the last thing they saw

After the changing room experience we all gathered by the pool as Erika told us of one more spirit. A little girl named Jackie. While being known to occasionally make giggling noises she failed to do so when she was called upon however at one point about 10 people all saw a figure stanfing in the right corner of the 2nd level. I set my camera to multishot to try and grab a still of her, but no luck. But here is what the pool area looks like without flash

With just a few minutes left of the tour I decided to keep taking pictures and it wasn't until after we laft that I saw this picture. If you don't believe in ghosts, now would be a good time to start. At first glance you can't really see anything in this picture but look closely toward the bottom corner of the pool...do you see it?

Here is a figure, not sure whether it is a man or woman, but as you can see it is definitely not human, and it appears that part of it's torso and possibly it's head is also missing. Thats right that is a ghost people. caught on camera, and in case you think there is something there....

This picture, taken a little earlier, shows that there is nothing there but the pillar.

So there you have it, the paranormal ship walk on the Queen Mary, well worth the $50 price, and definitely something you should check out next time you are in that area. I'll leave you all with a final shot of the ship as we were heading to the car. Thanks for checking this out, hope you enjoyed it

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Creepy stuff

Before I read this, I wasn't sure, if I should believe in ghosts, but now I'm almost 100% sure. Ghosts are real!!!!

That photo of the changing rooms really freaks me out. brrrrrr...

I am the only one who can see a child a something like that sitting at the bottom of the swimming pool???? (Right corner of the picture) - I'm not talking about the ghost-thing standing by the columns..

This is completely crazy, and scary!!! I've already watched (on the TV) something about this ship....

I always wonder, do you feel something when you are in a haunted place (except fear, scare, excitement....) I want to mean, do you feel some "energy", can you feel if the ghost is furious, nice, if he wants to harm you or protect you...?

Brrr! It must be really terrifying, but in a sort of way, it must be a bit magic!

Oh by the way,Steffen Dk, could you show us where you see the child/something? I've seen something too but I'm not sure if it's the same thing.....

Creepy stuff

I am the only one who can see a child a something like that sitting at the bottom of the swimming pool???? (Right corner of the picture) - I'm not talking about the ghost-thing standing by the columns..

Yeah that looks weird. Looking closer though it's just two circles of dirt on the camera lens.

Above that though, slightly to the right, looks like a person (and not very ghost like), leaning on the fence.

Creepy stuff

Yeah that looks weird. Looking closer though it's just two circles of dirt on the camera lens.

Above that though, slightly to the right, looks like a person (and not very ghost like), leaning on the fence.

Hmm you might be right, but try to look at the other pics.. There is no dirt at the lens

But anyway - it's still 100% creepy, and obviously the shape by the column is definitely not a normal person..

Creepy very creepy. Those pictures are very strange with all the orby like things in them. Do they really use the Boiler Room as a Night Club? Because it doesnt look that big to me.

If it is a night club, I'm sure: I'll NEVER enter..

Nice report and by the look of it you had a fantastic tour. I would be scared to hear all the noises, orbs and shadows. I bet you were freaked out a few times. Was some of the hull cut away to see the "propeller"..?

On your last pic of the Swimming Pool there is a figure ( not the one you pointed out and did a close up) on the right hand side of the pool and on the other side of the pillar to your one. This looks more human and seems to be wearing a jacket or something.

I've never done a ghost tour and would like to borrow some of the instruments which they use to see what type of activity there is in the rooms.

Hello!

I am obsessed with this kind of stuff, and I was just wandering, on most haunted they went to the pool and there was footsteps comping from out the pool as if someone just went swimming.

Did this happen to you??

And also, I am not interested in the orb type stuff I am a mone "Fear Factor" type person.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

Jesus, that TR creeped me the hell out... but it was awesome!

Same here, I ALWAYS look at this kind stuff even though it scares the shit outta me. The worst is a Hauntig on discovery channel, but I still watch it. Now I sleep with a crucifix, in my room, not that that is a bad thing....

I was also wondering about the figure coming out of the 5th or so stall in the changing rooms. Was that an actual person? If it wasn't, that scares the shit out of me. They look like a very dark figure with a green eye showing. That is just plain scary regardles of whether it was a real person or not. Please do tell...

I didn't say poo-poo by the way...I didn't realize that they edit the word s**t on here.

I remember when I went to Redrocks in Colorado, we were looking in this room that has doors, not entryways, and I snapped a picture of this wall with lots of memorabilia. In the right hand corner, plain as day, there is a little boy standing there. It looks like he's trying to run or something. We knew that this was not a reflection, seems how there was no glass or windows. It was too perfect anyway to be any sort of reflection. BTW, we were by ourselves.

poolnoflash.jpg.f40f5569073a0d71bd6ea087ec503b55.jpg

Did you see these two things at the top? This can't be a reflection unless there's windows. Was there? And is this the child you guys were talking about at the bottom of the pool?

Nice report and by the look of it you had a fantastic tour. I would be scared to hear all the noises, orbs and shadows. I bet you were freaked out a few times. Was some of the hull cut away to see the "propeller"..?

On your last pic of the Swimming Pool there is a figure ( not the one you pointed out and did a close up) on the right hand side of the pool and on the other side of the pillar to your one. This looks more human and seems to be wearing a jacket or something.

I've never done a ghost tour and would like to borrow some of the instruments which they use to see what type of activity there is in the rooms.

Where do you see "him"??