TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFOG on the 4th with 2hrs. to ride......

Ok, so the GF and I went to SFOG lastnight for the fireworks. We had 2hrs to ride and see the fire works! 7pm= freeeeee parking, season pass=freeeeee entry, the worst ride on Goliath= priceless! Goliath was so rough that I felt like I was on GASM or GA Cyclone. I think it's time for SFOG to check and change some wheels. It felt like flat spots were in the urethane of the wheels. I think it could cause a real issue if they don't fix the problem, especially as the season keeps going through out the year! We rode it in the beginning of the year and all year last year and never felt anything like this before.

Ok enough about the wheels. My second issue is i notice on all the coasters yesterday that the ride ops didn't care about the safety of riders. For example two trains back to back on Goliath I didn't see the ride ops check the harness in row 5 and row 6, like they can just skip them? I wish the Six Flags group would make sure that the ride ops pay attention to peoples safety!

Should I contact the park and let them know?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you should contact the park if you think you've seen a safety violation. Sooner is always better than later though. But you have to make sure you saw what you think you saw. Just the other day a group of guests came up to me complaining that before they got on the ride attendant didn't check restraints, when in reality a ride attendant from behind checked them first.

_six

Of course you should contact the park if you think you've seen a safety violation. Sooner is always better than later though. But you have to make sure you saw what you think you saw. Just the other day a group of guests came up to me complaining that before they got on the ride attendant didn't check restraints, when in reality a ride attendant from behind checked them first.

_six

I think it's better to be safer than sorry... I'd like to know I was locked in properly...

I say tell them you weren't sure if they were checked or not. At least then they can actually keep an eye on the ops

I let the park know about the way the ride ops were checking the restraints, and how Goliath felt when we rode it. How the wheels felt like they had flat spots.