TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has a waterslide ever scared you?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like water slides but I often have a difficult time while riding the super tall enclosed twisty slides like the Pipeline Peak at Carowinds. Half way through I always seem to almost drown in complete darkness which can be a bit unsettling.

• 2 weeks later...

For the first few years my family and I went on vacation to the Dells, I was afraid to go on the Demon's drop at Mt. Olympus (back then it was Family Land Waterpark). It's an 85ft drop nearly straight down and you had to weigh over 120 pounds to ride it.

waterslides2.jpg.960a3bd866c3400bc483750989529f84.jpg

Demon's Drop and Dragon's Tail at Mt. Olympus

I remember when I was 10 walking all the way to the top of Mountain Scream at Dollywood's Splash Country and walking all the way back down once I reached the starting area. Now I have concurred the fear of Mountain Scream. Most recent I remember is back in 2006 I said 'no' to Fire Tower Falls at Splash Country and Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach...just not a fan of heights unless I'm strapped into a coaster seat, then it's the higher the better!

^ I think you're talking about Bomb Bay. I've never been on it, but it looks really scary from what I've seen on the travel channel.

I've never actually been scared of a water slide in person, but Summit Plummet looks really intense and intimidating.

Wow, that's big!

May I ask why you have to be 120 pounds to ride?

I think it may have something to do with the possibility that you may fly off on the humps on that slide on the left, and I guess it's just easier and less confusing if they just apply the rule to both slides. That's just my guess, I don't know for sure.

Spacemaker sounds really cool!

Erik, have you heard of Roa's Rapids at Aquatica? I bet you'd love that!

Its pretty good. None of the slides at Aquatica are really intenese.

Really? I've heard Roa's Rapids was one of the more intense ones...

Sounds like fun to me, and I like to get tossed around. They're supposed to have stronger wavepools, at least!

The time me and me dad went on a double ring, enclosed pitch black kamikaze through a rock. I think it was the first time I swore in front of my dad, but he didn't hear me because of the rush of the water! I don't think it was all scary though. It was mainly the mix of adrenaline with the thrill of the ride, gave you that 'oh sh*t!!!' feeling. The thing is you can't actually tell it's a kamikaze when you look at it as it is totally in rock. But it's so fun, and a shock when you realise what's happening.

It was at a water park in Majorca, called 'Western water park'. It's a brilliantly themed park, where there are cowboys and indians having water fights all over and people chucking 'laundry water' out of windows. Soo good.

You can't really see much but here's a picture

And here's the park website.

http://www.westernpark.com/westernpark/magaluf/

If you are in Majorca, GO TO THIS WATERPARK!

There is a small water park which is part of Fantasy Island (near Niagara Falls on the US side). Their two main slides have a really weird way of entering the splash-down area.

One of the chute walls ends and one keeps going and you slide onto the rounded thing in the water which causes you to flip into the water at odd angles which is very disorienting the first time you ride it.

I would encourage anyone that is going to be in that area to definately hit up this tiny park with very little coverage- the Silver Comet is awsome and since GL's Big Dipper is SBNO it has moved up into my top5 favorite woodies!

• 3 months later...

This year I was in the waterworld at Djurs Sommerland.

The Wild River sometime go up close to 95 degress at the turns, thats scary, but you know you won't take damage

The 2nd time I did on the Black Hole, my swim ring dropped off close the end. Luckly my little sister who was the next, don't lay down while she's on waterslides, and luckly it wasn't an unfamiliar who was next. When she came out she just laughed.

I was scared on a waterslide at Kings Dominion. I don't know which one it is and it isn't on the website but it is fairly near the enterance to the waterpark. Anyway, I was about 8 and the slide was pretty tall. I got to the top and I didn't realise how tall it really was. I went down the slide and water went up my nose and I paniced and i got really scared. I was 8 so, give me a break!

Dunno about you guys, and I feel like an ol' curmudgeon saying this, but I'm with Bradley from the LA Times Funworld Blog, in that, dare I say this.. I just don't like getting wet.

Love coasters, love speed, love the adrenalin rush, all that stuff but , getting bucket-loads of water on me , well it just doesn't ring my bell. Here in the UK the summer is often not that warm, so half way through your day getting soaked to the bone can be no fun: walking around with gun-slinger legs, leaving a trail was fun as a kid, and my kids love it, but now.. well. Gimme a warm fire and a pipe and slippers. Plus this summer it rains every day anyhow, so spending a few hours dodging the rain only to then deliberately get wet and cold kinda pours cold water on your previous efforts.

However, of course once these parks open in Dubai a bit of water in the 55 degrees heat will be welcome...