TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has a waterslide ever scared you?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes Action Park .. place was pretty scary but cool at the same time. The Tarzan Swing into the Mountain water was pretty neat .. the underground slide (I think "Cannonball") which spat you out into the same little pond/lake as the Tarzan Swing only several feet up and the Colorado River, which maybe three of ten rafts made it around right side up.

I remember the Colorado River had two different ways to go depending on the line you got, most people flipped in so of the spots and had to ride down without the raft .. it was a fun ride none the less.

The only waterslide I grimmaced away from was The Liquidator (now closed for a stupid guy who got a conncusion) at Wild Rivers in Irvine. Robb and Elissa, I remember you guys visiting this park, the slide I'm talking about is the huge black one above the rapids. Every other waterslide I can take.

---Brent 8)

Yanno another one that scared me was Flash Flood at Wet 'N Wild Arlington, now Hurricane Harbor. The underground waterslide that pushed you underground into a splash down pool.

It had a large pump behind the start and the pump would release a "flash flood" of water. It's closed now, but it's still there. The pumps have been removed and the upper entry point is accessable, but closed off. The splash down pools and exits have been cemented over now. They closed it after the large waterslide on top, the Black Hole shifted in some land movement and cause one of the tubes to crack.

• 2 years later...

Oh heck ya, I've had waterslides scare me! I used to be terrified of waterslides, along with coasters.

But that was a long time ago and now I'll ride any waterslide (or coaster) you ask me to (well, almost any waterslide, I won't do the really big speed slides.)

My dad and I went on a water slide in south Mississippi and the slide we rode felt like we were suffocating on it. On the lazy river ride we saw a snake eatting a frog, and a cockroach passed us swimming by. We got outta that park so fast it made our heads spin.

I have always been scared of waterslides! I'm not super comfortable around water-- when I was little, I even panicked on a kiddie slide at Noah's Ark in the WI Dells.

I really want to try one of those crazy-high body slides, but I think I'd freak out.

Ah yes Action Park .. place was pretty scary but cool at the same time. The Tarzan Swing into the Mountain water was pretty neat .. the underground slide (I think "Cannonball") which spat you out into the same little pond/lake as the Tarzan Swing only several feet up and the Colorado River, which maybe three of ten rafts made it around right side up.

I remember that park. I was there one time. That day the looping waterslide wasn't open. It wasn't to long after that I heard they shut the slide down because they had a some minor injuries here and there, and something about light weight people getting stuck in the loop. I remember the water in that park was unbelievably cold, BRR. I'm shivering just thinking about it.

As for being scared on slides, not really! I do remember before Wet-n-Wild(Arlington) was made a Hurricane Harbor they had a slide called "Bombay". They had a bomb themed chute device at the top of the 6 story slide. You got in, and they shut the door. The anticipation is what killed ya. Ha, not knowing when they were gonna drop you. It made it exciting. The slide is still there, but not the bomb chute, I think it's called Geronimo now.

They had this waterslide in Branson built into the ground called Loop-the-Loop, and it was funny but I swear the banked turns were not high enough for the speed you would generate. there was one turn in particular that you could go all the way up on and touch the grass if you wanted. that scared the crap outta me.

And there was a slide on the Six Flags water park in Fort Lauderdale that had similar banked turns but the slide was like 50 or 60 ft in the air on supports; not fun if you went over the top!!

I used to be terrified of enclosed body slides. For some reason I always thought I would become trapped inside and drown. Pretty pathetic, but I got over this fear when I was 12 and rode the enclosed body slides at (formerly SF Waterworld) Raging Waters in Sacramento.

Sorry for the size of the pic, but it's the slides at the top I'm talking about. Quite a thrill actually!

After that, it took another couple of years to get over my fear of high speed slides.

When I first started going on big water slides last year, (I know, I am a chicken) I got up near the top of Bakuli and looked out near the woods and got sorta freaked out looking down. But after that first time, I was fine. I want to try some body slides sometimes, but I have only gone to HW's water park. This year I plan on trying to get to SF St. Louis' water park, hopefully. Paying for tube rental is crazy though.

Has a water slide ever scared me? Ummmm... YES! Let's see... First there was Bomb Bay. It was not that the slide itself was that scary, its just being in that tiny little bomb thing at the top, and knowing you are going to drop... you just don't know when. The anticipation was about to kill me. Second there was Brain Wash. The drop was so un-expected plus I was going backwards so I had no idea what was about to happen. Other than that I do not think there have been any other slides that have truly scared me.

~Matthew

I used to be terrified of enclosed body slides. For some reason I always thought I would become trapped inside and drown. Pretty pathetic, but I got over this fear when I was 12 and rode the enclosed body slides at (formerly SF Waterworld) Raging Waters in Sacramento.

Sorry for the size of the pic, but it's the slides at the top I'm talking about. Quite a thrill actually!

Ahahaha, I remember going on those slides! I was with a group and I randomly lined up for it, and once I was done I was thinking "What the heck was that?!" I got so disoriented inside.

I'm sad to admit that I'm terrified of speed slides. I went on a speed slide at Waterworld Sacramento (it was a dare, and if I did it I'd get points for my team) and I was scared to the point of crying. I'm scared that I'll fly off of the slide halfway through and then POOF- no more coasters or slides for me. I've made it to Hurricane Harbor and Raging Waters without going on any others.

I love enclosed body slides, especially if they're dark. Drop slides are also lots of fun.

I don't like the tall drop slides & body slides that are totatally pitch black. If I ever get over my fear of drop slides I will make sure to ride Summet Plummet first but I'll still probabably chicken out! once I get to the top & see how steep it really is.

went on a speed slide at Waterworld Sacramento (it was a dare, and if I did it I'd get points for my team) and I was scared to the point of crying. I'm scared that I'll fly off of the slide halfway through and then POOF- no more coasters or slides for me.

Let me guess - the Great White inner-tube slide? That is easily the craziest slide in the park and has that out of control "we're all going to flip" feeling!

I've never been scared to go on a waterslide, more scared of what the result would be at the end. I had an incident at a water park, on a body slide a few years back where my back was covered in scratches and some cuts. It wasn't a fun experience after that.

I wear a "rash guard" at water parks now to protect from the sun which also saves your back on slides like these. The slide below ripped open a mole on my brother's back a few years ago.

And on the subject of WaterWorld Denver, the middle tube of Bermuda Triangle slide pictured below inflicts hell on your body at the bottom of the drop. 2 years ago, I came off the ride bleeding and I still have the scar on my arm from that.

It's still an amazing thrill going down the drop. It's a "Almost over the edge, OMG this is the greatest ride of my ...OW OW OW OW OW *SPLASH*" kind of slide.

Those interlocking waterslides freak me out, but only because once you get half way down you start drowning if you don't remember / aren't told to hold your breath once you get 1/3 of the way down.

Do you mean those 'scooby-do' slides, like they had near Bomb Bay at W'n'W Orlando (I don't see them on their website anymore, but they were there 3-4 years ago).

I didn't dare to go on those but I am curious now why you have to hold your breath after 1/3.

In general, I'm almost always scared going on a slide. I'm always afraid to hurt my self. On rollercoaster I feel MUCH more comfortable.