TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has a waterslide ever scared you?

Hmmm... Spacemaker in Italy freaked the hell outta me.. it's the worlds tallest (42 m. / 138 foot) and a 120 km/h. (75 mph) On top of that i was 8 back then, lol.

And the turbo-slide@Tropical-Islands in berlin. Going 70 km/h (43 mph.) through a very tight tube is extreme. And the splashdown is crazy too.

Waterslides freak me out more than rollercoaster do!

a.jpg.16213c9ca76729f5ee0e8c16f9308e24.jpg

Needless to say, it's the one to the right.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water slides actually have the capability of scaring me more than a lot of coasters. I refuse to go back on any slide that is nothing more than a steep drop into a wedgie-inducing straightaway.. I tried one once and I hated it, so I won't do it again. The other ones I hate are the bodyslides that go into the tunnel/vortex type thing.. I went on one at Kalahari, scraped my back, and the undertow of the pool when you fall out of the vortex is very hard to get out of when you're a bad swimmer.

Other than those types of slides, I'm cool with them.

Alien Invasion at Splish Splash ! ..me and my friends were 200 pounds over the weight limit. Turns out we went to high on the one of the sides of the tornado, leaving all of us to fall out of the raft and fall approx. 25 feet on to hard fiber glass. wow did that hurt.. the surprising part was the life guard on the top never asked how much our total weight was and it was our fault we fell out. According to some 17 year old lifeguard supervisor

The whole "old" section of Schlitterbahn scared me once Robb said the word "parasites" on the Texas trip.

Yeah some of those old tube shoots were kinda scary once someone said they're was a snake in the water. Oh and the tunnel tube shoot were the roof was about 2 inches above my head D:

• 3 years later...

The Twister at Wet 'n Wild was basically a waterboarding simulator, so I thought it was going to drown me.

Magic Mountain (Merimbula) has a couple that are completely underground so it's pitch black and very disorienting.

I'm yet to brave one of those speed slides with the almost-vertical drop, not sure if my butt crack can handle the wedgie

In the 80's There used to be a water slide at Attitash's waterpark that was a padded buried pipe that then turned and shot you out about 10 feet above the pool.

The ride was pitch black and fast and scared the crap out of me.

The splashdown pool was a popular gathering place since the entry into the pool claimed quite a few bikini tops.

The old Peppermint Twist at Water Country USA was a bit freaky, too. It was an enclosed body silde, and it really felt like you could drown in it. I have friends who labelled it "The Enema Within."

The traditon continues (only not quite as scary) in WC's Jammin' Jukebox slides, which replaced the Twist.

Lots of them. I'll go on pretty much any dry ride out there, but water slides tend to push my limits. I've always been a little bad with water...I don't even like having my face underwater. I panic very easily in that kind of situation, so even moderately "scary" waterslides often absolutely terrify me.

Topping that off, I'm weird about heights. I'm perfectly fine with any ridiculous height when I'm strapped into something. Give me a lap bar or shoulder harness and I'll ride the first coaster to break the 500 ft barrier without a second thought. But if I'm standing, or worse, having to walk or climb stairs, ohhellno. I get horrible vertigo and end up scared half out of my mind. Tall waterslide towers are just -bad.

Of course, neither of those stop me from going on most of them. I might be scared of them, but I still have my pride! I've never convinced myself to do Summit Plummit yet, but pretty much anything short of that, I've forced myself on, and usually enjoy, at least once I'm on the ride and not the stairs tower. There are a few exceptions in slides, usually body slides, where I end up with a lot of high-speed water in my face, convincing me I'm going to drown. Peppermint Twist was definitely one of those.

If anybody has been to the Atlantis Resort in the bahamas, 'The Abyss' slide actually scared the life out of me! You have absolutely no idea what the slide's layout is until you actually ride it, because it's hidden in the power tower. To my surprise it felt like 90° in the complete darkness, only to leave you crashing through a waterfall in an underground cave at the end. Absolutely insane.