TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: BGE July 2nd 2007 *Laste update, sorry for delay.*

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^They might of updated their site and changed it or something, cuz in the brochure I got from B&M, they call it a MEGA coaster.

Yeah, it might be a hyper, but MEGA is what B&M calls it....or used to...we don't have to get all technical about it.

I have some questions..

What time did you get there?

What day of the week did you go?

Wait times on all coaster?

Wait times on flats?

Did you go one day or two?

-Im only going for one day and I want to know if I will get on everything.

-Thanks! and NICE PICS!!

^We got there at 11.

I went on Monday

Loch Ness Monster- Short all day

Apollo's Chariot- Walk on in the morning, 20-30 min later.

Big Bad Wolf- Short All Day

Alpengeist- Went up to an hour during the day, but at 8 it went down to 10 min

Griffon- 2 hours in the morning and through out most of the day. But in the evening it goes down to 45min-one hour.

The flats are all short lines.

I wen't one day.

Well, heres the Griffon fastpass story....

We got into the restaurant, ordered. And ended up waiting over an hour for our food. The waitress told us there were only 2 chefs working and they were overwhelmed. So we called the manager out and spoke with her. She ended up giving us the meal for free (which was over $100) and a walk on pass for Griffon.

So then we left the restaurant and decided to go on the River Boat Tour and then go ride Griffon. Pics!

We took the skyride over to Germany. This is the Griffon area..

Brake run and station of Griffon.

I got good timing and got this shot of Alpengeist in its loop.

When we walked down the HUGE hill to get to the boats I snagged this pic before getting on.

Beautiful ride it was.

Apollo.

Airtime!11!!!!!1!!!one!!

The drop into the helix/turnaround.

We got off and people were feeding the turtles. This is two fighting over something...

Swan.

Another turtle, there were like over 20 turtles there.

Is this like something I shouldn't show Derek??

LNM's drop provides some surprising airtime.

Another interlocking pic.

My favorite pic of Nessy.

A little head bang here...but nothing painful.

Well my little cousin was whining after this that she wanted to ride Pompeii....so we walked up the other side, which is 56 steps! And decided to take the train over....So we did, and drove right past it...cause my mom insisted that the station was right by Pompeii. Well we didn't wanna walk back to it, so we decided to just ride the train all the way to France to get on Griffon.

Beautiful ride.

I love how BGE uses this river....which is actually a lake...

Clydesdale in its pastor.

EXCLUSIVE! We drove past one site of the fireworks for later that night...

Well we got off, and it was Griffon time!! We took out pass and handed it to the attendant standing in the entrance and she took us up and put us on the train waiting to depart. I sat in the second row, second seat in on the left side.

\

Signage.

More signage..

RIDE REVIEW: Griffon was such an awesome ride! The holding brake added so much to the ride. The airtime off of that first drop was insane. Immelmann was really forceful. The second drop was soo good. Way better than I expected. So much airtime on that. The second immelmann was just as good as the first. The bump into the splash down was really taken at high speed and fun. The splash was awesome, I could hear it behind us. The turn was cool. I was on the inside so it was cool to be that close to the water. The bump at the end RULED! Nice ejector there. Overall 5/5! My #1 coaster by far.

From the exit.

People have no clue what their in for....unless they have ridden it before...

OMG! They have 6 rows of 10 now!!

More soon.

Firework pics in the next update!!!!

^We got there at 11.

I went on Monday

Loch Ness Monster- Short all day

Apollo's Chariot- Walk on in the morning, 20-30 min later.

Big Bad Wolf- Short All Day

Alpengeist- Went up to an hour during the day, but at 8 it went down to 10 min

Griffon- 2 hours in the morning and through out most of the day. But in the evening it goes down to 45min-one hour.

The flats are all short lines.

I wen't one day.

Thank you, this helps alot.

Nice pictures of the park, I've enjoyed your trip report! It's nice to see the sun is cooperating for other people at Busch Gardens this year . Seems that every time I make it down there, it runs away. Oh well, glad you had a good time. Did you do anything else in the Williamsburg area?

Wow!! I hate to say it, but it has been something like 25 years since my last visit to BG and I would LOVE to go back. Having seen it on the Food Network last night and then seeing these awesome photos. While they have added TONS of new rides over the years, it tickled me to still see Nessie, the log flume and DaVinci's cradle, which was brand new on my last visit.

It is great to see a park that has truly kept up the THEME concept, as that is something I really love, which is why Holiday World, Disney and Dollywood rank as my favorite parks.

Can anyone tell me if BG Tampa/Africa is as nice and well themed???

Awesome TR, great pics....

Shari

^BG in Tampa is quite beautifully themed, even though I think Euroburg is the prettier of the two parks. Busch has avoided the temptation to "de-theme" their parks, thank god.

^^ Thanks.. I just checked their website, actually. We have tenative plans to sail out of Tampa next summer on a cruise and I was thinking of heading over to Disney for a few days as well, but then I realized my name isn't Hilton or Gates or Buffett and so perhaps I am getting a little carried away. But a day at BG would be do-able for sure.

Shari

^^ Thanks.. I just checked their website, actually. We have tenative plans to sail out of Tampa next summer on a cruise and I was thinking of heading over to Disney for a few days as well, but then I realized my name isn't Hilton or Gates or Buffett and so perhaps I am getting a little carried away. But a day at BG would be do-able for sure.

Shari

I agree with Chuck about the two Busch parks. If you have the chance to go to BG in Tampa, do it!

--Red "Kumba is in my top 3 coasters" foot12