TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: BGE July 2nd 2007 *Laste update, sorry for delay.*

So I wen't to VA Friday (June 29th) to visit family and then go to BGE Monday with my mom, dad, brother, little cousin, and grandparents. Well of course my reason for going was Griffon, but did I get a surprise with the other coasters. None of them were bad! I got one ride on each coaster, and got to see the fire works at the end of the day!!!

This is only the first part, I will have a couple. Including tons of Griffon shots.

Arriving at the park I snagged a photo of the park's three B&M coasters.

And was welcomed by Apollo's Chariot.

The day was looking good with only a few riders on Apollo. But I figured everyone ran to Griffon..

The first drop is amazing!

YAY!

From our parking spot.

Pompeii looked great.

I spy a dive machine!

Cool little Military Welcome Center walking to the entrance.

The park's buildings are beautiful!

First up was Nessy.

But wait, gotta get this pic while I'm over here.

Sinage.

Inside the station.

Loch Ness Monster was great. A very, very good arrow looper. The interlocking loops were an awesome ride element. And the drop was great. The tunnel, is very surprising....

Walking back to go to Italy we went into the Clydesdale house. And saw the donkey!!

And a baby Clydesdale.

Really well themed ride.

Very blue water!

My first B&M Hyper.

Ooooh yeah!

Apollo's Chariot through the queue roof!

Soo much airtime. I rode in the very back....awesome ride.

Took my #2 spot.

Me, my grandma, my cousin, and my brother on Battering Ram!

Good swinging ship.

The Flying Machine!!!!!

DaVinci's Cradle. Very well themed carpet.

Statues in Italy are beautiful along with the gardens.

Lets stomp some grapes! (Me and my cousin.)

Italy walkway/buildings.

Time to walk to Germany!

From The Bridge.

Griffon's second immelmann.

Wooo! My first arrow swinger.

Looked awesome.

I enjoyed swinging on the brakes

Love this shot.

BBW Was awesome, rode in the third car. Great ride, the village section was awesome, lots of swinging there.

Update 2 Later today! ;D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well next up was lunch. At the new restaurant Bistras (sp?) which is located right by Griffon's first drop. It was a 20 min wait to get seated so me, my dad, brother, and grandma went to ride Alpengeist.

Alpengeist's sign...

Too bad it was an hour wait at the time. So we skipped it for now. But I took some pics.

It looked awesome!

Zero-G looked really nice.

The log flume looked like a great one.

Immelmann.

Alpengeist was a great invert, although the cobra roll exit was a little rough. Falls right under Great Bear on my list. Plus the theming on Alpie is awesome!

We wen't back to get in line to be seated to eat, but it was still a decent wait. So I walked over to the Griffon bridge.

So awesome.

Through the trees.

From the bridge.

Immelmann.

Bought a T shirt in Griffon Gifts and walked back over....still waiting!

So I took some shots from there.

The ride looked amazing!

Mmm I couldn't wait to get on it.

Brakes..

Stupid light got in my way! >_<

More drop shots.

Hello Alpengeist!

Ah, there we go no lights in the way.

I got three shots of a Griffon train and Alpie train in a row!

3 And my favorite of the three!

My little cousin (Girl in pics) took this, and wanted me to post it!

Close up.

My close up of the holding brake.

Probably my favorite pic I took there.

Wiii!

Then my mom called me over and said we were being seated!!! And are seat happened to be right by the bottom of the drop.

Which gave me opportunities of great shots!

More close ups.

It was so funny listening to peoples reactions to this hill. They weren't expecting the airtime at all. So they were all "Wiiii.....AAAH!...*Laugh*"

Walked around the area of the restaurant to get this.

I didn't realize how good my digital zoom was till I took this...haha

Yay!

More soon! Including my "How I got a fast pass to ride Griffon" story!

Great pictures, though your cousin's pic of the holding brake is better than yours...

I cant believe you waited to eat at a sit-down restaurant when you were at a theme park, I usually just pic up something quick.

Cant wait to see the rest.

^Dive Machines are actually a lot more scary looking at them then riding them. I was intimidated by Griffon, but then I rode it and it was all fun and no scary parts. (Except the holding brake!)

Heres a Bridge pic I left out of the first update...Two trains on Loch Ness Monster. One in the bottom loop, and one going down the drop.

The next update will be either late tonight or tomorrow.

Great Tr Zack. Awesome pictures of Griffon. Glad to hear you enjoyed the rides. BBW is one of my favorite rides there. If you want a better ride you should sit in the back. Its really cool when you go down the second drop. Anyways I'm heading up there sometime this summer. Griffon wasnt built yet when I last visited.I'm excited. Great pictures

That was a really great PhotoTR, and some of the best pictures I've seen of Busch Gardens Williamsburg...I doubt I'll ever get used to calling it BG Europe. They have great maintenance and everything for the most part, every season, looks freshly painted and very well kept. What struck me most was the cleanliness of their flumes, Escape from Pompeii and the other-one-whose-name-escapes-me. They look gorgeous and very clean, and I'm going to assume they're chlorinated and skimmed often. I know SFGadv, Hersheypark, and my hometown Adventureland Long Island all have flumes and they have DISGUSTING WATER. As a lifeguard I know how hard it is to keep water looking that clean, and huge props to Busch and their crew for keeping their water rides that immaculate. I don't even remember WDW's or DL's Splash Mountains looking that clean...

That was a really great PhotoTR, and some of the best pictures I've seen of Busch Gardens Williamsburg...I doubt I'll ever get used to calling it BG Europe. They have great maintenance and everything for the most part, every season, looks freshly painted and very well kept. What struck me most was the cleanliness of their flumes, Escape from Pompeii and the other-one-whose-name-escapes-me. They look gorgeous and very clean, and I'm going to assume they're chlorinated and skimmed often. I know SFGadv, Hersheypark, and my hometown Adventureland Long Island all have flumes and they have DISGUSTING WATER. As a lifeguard I know how hard it is to keep water looking that clean, and huge props to Busch and their crew for keeping their water rides that immaculate. I don't even remember WDW's or DL's Splash Mountains looking that clean...

Yeah practically every ride there is clean. But I did notice that the water rides were extra clean. Pompeii's water looked great.

I went to BG on Tuesday with my brother and sister who haven't been in 5 and 10 years, respectively. We had to leave a little earlier than we would have liked (3:30) but we got to do Alpengeist twice, AC, BBW, LNM, and Griffon (almost twice--it shut down for a bit, of course it opened like 3 minutes after we got out of line!).

Glad you had such a great time! Hopefully I'll get up to your neck of the woods later this year and do Kennywood for the first time.