TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Goodbye Wand & Arm

Seeing those pictures just give me warm and fluffy feelings! Finally Disney is doing something the right way, been hoping for that for more years then I can count.

Now if we can get them to do something about that damned MGM hat life can go back to some acceptible level of Disney.

However I have to say I agree with Moofygirl and as the Disney Purist I am, I shall also demand the return of 20,000 leagues and Mr. Toad!

(Well, I can dream at least!)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So I'm driving to work early yesterday, and as I pass by EPCOT, I see this....

DSC02597.thumb.JPG.e42acea5328ddcccdaa59147b151649a.JPG

It's back to its former glory. There's still the bottom part of the wand tower in the center right of this pic, but pretty much Spaceship Earth is BACK!

DSC02595.JPG.fdb69142feac08e08298f59de0bad756.JPG

Close-up of the hair.

DSC02594.JPG.9bbd2e276db2cb87f732b6f5314f69dd.JPG

The stars are now gone, but it looks like Spaceship Earth has grown some hair now.

DSC02589.JPG.6092d287472fdaba84ebca2af7d9f545.JPG

IT'S ALMOST DONE!!!

I still say that the wand never bothered me. And of the "giant obnoxious landmarks" built at the parks, I still say the hat at MGM should have been the one to be removed LONG before the wand.

--Robb "Either way Epcot is still my favorite Disney park." Alvey

Meh... This is really not that new to me. Everyone who worked for Disney has know this since like June. I know the day I quit Disney they had already removed all of the letters that spelled out "EPCOT" it was funny because one day we just came into work and the wand said "EPC" It was actually kind of funny. The next day the wand said "EP" Then all the letters were gone, but I quit Disney before I got to see anymore deconstruction.

Now if the would get rid of Leave a legacy! and Put Horizons back!

What can I say i'm a EPCOT purist!

Yes original it was EPCOT not Epcot.

Experimental-Prototype-Community-Of-Tomorrow

They are taking out "Leave A Legacy" they have already started acutally. Now you will no longer be able to have your picture taken and placed on the things, but instead you get your picture taken and they are all going to be put in a book that people can look through! There will be one book for each year! I acutally like that idea better than the big gravestone things!

~Matthew

Just to explain, they are not taking out the stones as of yet. They merely have stopped selling them. I am hoping for a slight revamp of the area to reduce the number of stones, but I will say they look pretty cool at night against the wandless SSE.

I think the park is getting pushed back in the more progressive, less "cheesy fun" direction. Long live the Center. ha ha.

Meh... This is really not that new to me. Everyone who worked for Disney has know this since like June. I know the day I quit Disney they had already removed all of the letters that spelled out "EPCOT" it was funny because one day we just came into work and the wand said "EPC" It was actually kind of funny. The next day the wand said "EP" Then all the letters were gone, but I quit Disney before I got to see anymore deconstruction.

Now if the would get rid of Leave a legacy! and Put Horizons back!

What can I say i'm a EPCOT purist!

Yes original it was EPCOT not Epcot.

Experimental-Prototype-Community-Of-Tomorrow

They are taking out "Leave A Legacy" they have already started acutally. Now you will no longer be able to have your picture taken and placed on the things, but instead you get your picture taken and they are all going to be put in a book that people can look through! There will be one book for each year! I acutally like that idea better than the big gravestone things!

~Matthew

Not to be mean, but wasn't this the job you spent months talking about, mentioned in your signature, started a thread about, AND gave up a college scholarship for. So you lasted what less then 10 weeks?

^Aww come on!

It wasn't that bad with the Epcot Wand...when it said 2000 I hated it, but I really didn't mind the Epcot thing. Or maybe even to leave some of those stars on the globe.

Some of my best pictures are with the wand, Elissa. It's not that I hated the wand, I just liked SSE better without it. Is that fair?