TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Themeparkfan or Coasterfan?

Themeparkfan or Coasterfan  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Themeparkfan or Coasterfan

• Themeparkfan
    • Coasterfan

Are you a themeparkfan or a coasterfan?

Themeparkfans are those who enjoy riding all rides, not just the coasters, who like to have theming, who take a break to eat quietly

Coasterfans are those who go to themeparks just for the coasters. They don't care for theming and stuff, they only want to ride coasters as many times as possible on a day, even if that means no eating.

What are you?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a theme park fan, though it's not uncommon for me to go to a park and only ride a few non-coaster rides. I also pick which parks I go to based on the coasters that they have, but I still love the atmosphere of a park. I just only ride rides that I really enjoy are unique. I don't feel a desire to go on a scrambler at every park I go to.

I consider myself a theme park fan. However, if I've been to the park thousands of times before, I just do the coasters and nothing else.

Heck, I'll ride the noteworthy rides if need be. I also like taking pictures of some of the cheesy theming as well.

I'm pretty much a roller coaster fan, but things like themeing are important too, because it adds to the whole experience. If there are specifically cool rides I'll ride those too, but my main draw is the coasters.

-Nick

I'm pretty much a theme park fan. Let's look at it this way: Which would you rather live in: A nice, landscaped town or a ghetto? Thats what I usually think when I'm going into a theme parks and I rate theme parks about how the atmosphere (Including staff, Gardens, well matainence etc) of the park is separated from ride quality. Don't get me wrong, I still love roller coasters and thrill rides, but I love to enjoy the park on how great it is!

I'm definitely a theme park fan. I love coasters, but I would prefer a nice park without any fantastic coasters (such as Disneyland). Although when I go to a new park with many coasters I tend to ride nothing but coasters as I have no time for anything else.

I voted coaster fan, got to have those 'kiddie coasters'

Obviously there are other rides, I do & like to go on.

If I was visiting a park then riding the coasters would come first.

Some other rides have to do be done. For example when vistiting IOA, Spiderman had to be done.

I'm a coaster fan. Theme parks aren't realy very favorable to me because they involve a lot of walking, some parks are spread out a lot as well, and flat rides don't really appeal to me. I could really care less if one park is themed better than another. I care a little bit about the theming of the coasters, but parks I don't really care about.

I'm kinda both, but more on the coaster side. I like theme parks because they (supposedly) make you feel like you're somewhere else, but I like their coasters a little bit more. Theming on a coaster to me is more a bonus to me than a nessicity. So in the end, I'm a coasterfan.

I'm a themeparkfan now, but when I was younger, I was a hardcore coasterfan. I wouldn't eat, then I would totally max out, throw a temper tantrum to get one more ride, then fall asleep within five minutes of riding in the car.

I'm kind of in the middle of the 2. I love going on flat rides (The Spin/puke types..lol) as well as getting on coasters. I guess I've taken that habit from visiting SCBB many times as they only have 3 coasters, previously 2, and tons of well-maintained carnie-type flats. I also feel that theming is important because I need something interesting to look at while in line...especially if it's over 30 min wait.

I am definitly a theme park fan, I love theming but It has to be at least 5 coasters there. That is why I dont care for Cedar Point. No atmosphere at all. So I love an amalgamation of the 2 but if I had to pick one I would say coasters, that is why I wont go to Florida, not enough coasters.

I am a Themepark fan, I usually go for the coasters if I have done everything in the park before but take the time to ride the rides worthy of it. Like Cliffhanger, Shockwave and Pysclone at CW. The Atmosphere of the park really matters to me too, If it is justa whole bunch of coasters all in a parking lot than it just doesn't feel the same as it would if it were a whole bunch of coasters in a nice spread out landscaped area even if the theming was lax. Kind of like CW. I really enjoy this park alot, I don't know why but most likely because of the layout and it is my home park. I also enjoy the scent of the park (except in crowded areas) I will show you a picture later on when I go to CW this summer of the areas that I like and no one is ever in.

Yeah, why can't there be a both option?? It really depends on what park I am at...if I'm at a Six Flags park with not much to do other than ride coasters, I don't pay attention to anything else, and ride the coasters. If I am at Disneyland, I like to enjoy the park, and I am happy even if I'm not riding anything thrilling.

I love theme parks and coasters. I mostly go for the coasters, and what makes the experience of riding a great coaster better is having it in a great theme park. I love Disney World, and although Disney is not filled with coasters and thrills, it is still the best place on Earth. So I'm 50/50. Ok, maybe 60/40 coasters.