TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Haunt 2007

Hey I remember Rob saying how he would like Knotts better if their mazes changed more like the universal mazes did and I am very glad to say that Knotts is stepping up to the challenge quite nicely. Instead of their usuaul 1 new maze per year Knotts is getting an amazing 5 new mazes this year.Not to mention they are keeping the best mazes and somehow they are keeping the Grudge. They are also keeping Assylum and Myurder Manor. THe only 2 mazes that should go are feary tales and Red Beards Revenge. Anyway here is a list of new mazes from theme park adventure which is another website i think i am a member of. Though its not nearly as good as TPR and it does not love HHN ober the haunt. Anyway here are the mazes.

MAZES & ATTRACTIONS FOR 2007:

BEOWULF LABYRINTH INTO DARKNESS - THE LAKE

PYROMANIAX - LOG RIDE

THE DOLL FACTORY - WILDERNESS DANCE HALL

KILLER CLOWN KOLLEGE - XCELERATOR

BLACK WIDOW'S CAVERN - MINE RIDE

LORE OF THE VAMPIRE - BALLOON RACE

ASYLUM - GHOSTRIDER 1

RED BEARD'S REVENGE - MAIN GATE

FEARY TALES - GHOSTRIDER 2

13 AXE MURDER MANOR - MYSTERY LODGE

THE GRUDGE 2 - FIESTA PLAZA

LOST VEGAS - BUMPER CARS

DARK REALM LAZER RAGE - STAGECOACH TRAIL

I have a few questions if any 1 has bween in the past because I have been three times and have no idea how xcellerator can be used as a maze. Also for any monsters who work at the haunt how do u become a monster and did you have to take years of acting or drama because i really want to be a monster.

CJ OMG the Haunt will be here in 2 months Morton

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since its strictly a seasonal stint, I imagine there should be a very basic audition process (which consists of U basically acting like a zombie, werewolf, etc). The earliest audition time you go to, the better chance U have of getting hired regardless of how "good" you are (unless U show NO motivation whatsoever).

I did Busch Garden's HOS last year and I had SO much fun, I plan on doing it again, they're Return Scare Squad audition is less than 2 weeks away (7/14)!

Gahh! How do you find out this information!!!

I'm in Minnesota and I call almost everyday to VF to ask about Valleyscare, but they don't budge! Sounds cool. I have a couple questions. How could two mazes fit into ghost riders line? Also, how could you fit a maze into the balloon races?!? I also have an answer to your Xcelerator question. They have the que for Xcelerator, and then they have a ton of space in it as well as a couple work houses, so they can fit one into there.

^ The mazes that are placed in Ghostrider 1 and Ghostrider 2, are actually located behind Ghostrider, not in the line. Anywho, I was talking to one of the producers at Sierra Sidewinder's opening day, and they said they were going to do another maze based on a movie this year. Pyromaniax sounds awesome and it is a welcome refreshment to Red Moon Massacre. I think they should take out Feary Tales and Lost Vegas because they both REALLY sucked IMO. Anyways, I can't wait till Haunt!

---Brent

Anywho, I was talking to one of the producers at Sierra Sidewinder's opening day, and they said they were going to do another maze based on a movie this year. ---Brent

BEOWULF LABYRINTH INTO DARKNESS - THE LAKE

I hope this is accurate, where did you get this?

The Doll Factory souds promising, and the Beowulf maze sounds like it will be a great maze if they pull it off right. I find it kind of wierd that the Grudge maze is coming back this year. Wasn't that only that only a one time thing? Anyways, I think it could go either really good, or really bad with the new mazes.

Well, I haven't been on it, but judging from the videos and pictures I've seen, take the girl from the Grudge, multiply her times about 30, and have her walking throughout the place scaring people. Add some cool-looking animatronics and there you go. That's basically it. Maybe someone who has actually been inside could explain in greater detail.

14 haunts this year for KBF? Worlds of Fun is getting 2 new ones this year bringing the total to 7

ASYLUM ISLAND - Oceans of Fun -- RANKED #1 ASYLUM in the chain for 2007 by Dick Kinzel

LORE OF THE VAMPIRE - Orient Express

CAMP GONNAGITCHA - Plunge

FRIGHTZONE - Africa

DOMINION OF DOOM - Heart of America Amphitheatre Road

TBA - Heart of America Amphitheatre

TBA - TBA

---heard there will be clowns again in 2007!

That sounds like a sweet lineup for WOF, even though I think they could do better in naming. Dominion of Doom just sounds like a regular haunted house, and Fright Zone spells its own name out. I like how everything was named to its theme at our haunt. : ] Valleyscare is getting one this year, but at least ours in our 1st year was better than Dorney's total. Here's our lineup for this year. We'll have one more scare zone bumping our total up to 6. *Some of the names might be changed and some of the haunt locations might be moved.*

CARN-EVIL - Game Warehouse

MANGLER ASYLUM - Bumper Cars

CHATEAU DU DAMNE - Hi-Test Arcade

BLOOD CREEK CEMETERY - From Monster through the little bridge thingy

HELLSHIRE FARMS - From the bottom of Hydroblaster through Mad Mouse

CARNAGE AT CRIMSON ISLE - Around IMAX.

Yeah. By the way Swoosh, where'd you find the info for the WOF haunt? I know we're getting Hellshire Farms Scare Zone this year, but is there a certain site you found your info at?

Yeah Valleyfair got the idea for Hellshire Farms from Worlds of Fun. The reason why Valleyfair had so many mazes to start off is because they basically lifted the event from Geauga Lake and exported it to you guys. Also you got some left overs from Knotts as well (from what I heard)

I might go to the Worlds of Fun Halloweekends thing this October for the first time and I was wondering if the haunted houses are any good? The Asylum looks pretty sweet but I want to know what the rest are like. Is the only scare zone in the Africa section?

Yeah. We got some of the Carnivorous Clown props, and then all from GL. How'd we get the idea from WOF?

Cannot elaborate at this time, sorry. I mean I'm not trying to play the "I know something you don't" game, but legally I cannot say anything right now.

I might go to the Worlds of Fun Halloweekends thing this October for the first time and I was wondering if the haunted houses are any good? The Asylum looks pretty sweet but I want to know what the rest are like. Is the only scare zone in the Africa section?

Yes they rival the west bottoms haunted houses downtown. As far as scare zones, Dominion of Doom is a scare zone with a lot of props that are along the way that they hide behind. Lore and Asylum are inside. Camp is outside but hidden in the woods. One of the new ones will be inside the other will be outside. Still finalizing everything for the outside one, but it sounds like it might be more of a scare zone as well.

I like haunts for two reasons. I like haunted houses because of the dark, scary, and cramped space feeling. Also along with the feeling when you're walking through a room of Strobe Lights, and you don't know what to feel. I also like scare zones because it's a bunch of monsters romeing around in a dark, fog filled spooky environment that feels amazing. *Sliders*