TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another great update Robb. Loved reading these over the last few weeks.

That top spin looks awesome, looks more intense when its enclosed.

Phantasialand looks amazing, great theming on all the rides there.

i wish i had the money and time to go on these trips i love the picture and videos ,i wish i could meet robb and eliss and kidums sometime i want shake their hand and tank them for alloeing me to comment on their webby,i enjoy the pics and videos but their are some ppl out there that is rude crude and obnoxious and they should not be allowed to be here this is the nicest club i been on

Questions:

Was this trip originally going to include an Italy leg? Am I misremembering something? Is "misremembering" even a word?

Thanks for all the updates and pictures! As mentioned earlier this really makes me want to go on the mainland Euro trip next year.

Thanks for the mini updates Robb, looking forward to seeing the big ones!

Must . . . resist . . . obvious . . . straight . . . line . . .

Here Chuck,

I'll do it for you....

One picture does, indeed, speak a thousand words.

Great update as always Robb...I would hate to ask where the picture of the VPL (visible AHEM lines) comes into play, but it does make one think...looking forward to the Texas or Eastern trip with y'all next year! Its time to go on one of these trips instead of living them on the web!

3 Cheers for Robb and Elissa....

New to us was "Black Mamba", which we really liked, but I have to be honest it was a little disappointing. The themed area was AMAZING, but the ride itself just lacked the *punch* that it would appear to have.

You of all people should know that coasters have good and bad days (as we experienced at EGF) and IMO Black Mamba was having one of it's lesser days. I hope you'll get to ride it on a good day sometime.

I just rode Black Mamba and it seemed to be running good. It let up in the transitions between the turns but that was it.

I think I got 9 Spins on Talocan.

Side Note: The company my Brother-In-Law works for had some thing at a fair and the partners payed the ride operator to keep the Top Spin going for something like 15 minutes.

Black Mamba was having one of it's lesser days.

No it wasn't. Everyone I spoke to said it was running exactly as it normally has.

I know you're a Black Mamba fanboy, so I would expect you to try to convice me otherwise.

Given what I know about the ride, what other people have told me, and how I saw it perform, I believe we got the best rides Black Mamba can deliver.

--Robb "Why didn't you just go ask the park management to walk up the lift hill and make it better?" Alvey

A great series of trips comes to an end. Thanks for all of the updates that you worked hard on to satisfy the readers. It also makes me wish is there a way possible to accelerate time to one week from now?

Again, seriously awesome trip you all had and makes my anticipation for the Midwest trip even higher. Thanks for the updates, they were really fun to read and the POV's were awesome.

I rode Black Mamba on 2 separate days last September, and both days the ride felt exactly the same. It's really cool with the trenches, tunnels, and theming, but the ride itself isn't nearly as phenominal as Nemesis, Batman, Dueling Dragons, etc. It just doesn't have the forces, if it wasn't for it's location and interaction, it would be very similar to Top Gun, Talon, and Great Bear. Still better than Silver Bullet, but not the end all of inverted coasters, just an extremely nicely themed invert that gets my respect for being that. It definitely doesn't have the foot tingling extremeness of the old school inverts.

Black Mamba... It's not as forceful as the other.. 3 inverts i've done... The themeing is like a million times better, but I find all the themeing they've done for the ride in specific a bit pointless seeing as you blur past it very fast.

That being said the areas where the ground was just gravel paled in comparison to the rest of the ride..

Oh yeh, and forceless helixes suck. Especially on inverts where the only view you're given is the seat infront. Even in the front it was a bit eugh.

So much for risk of death from repeat riding...

Going to have to agree with Robb here, Black Mamba did not impress. Sure, it has awesome theming (though you can't really see it unless you're in the front car), but it doesn't have a lot of forces and the second half it just meanders around until it gets tired and goes back to the station. I did like it a lot better in the front seat, but I'd still rank it in the middle tier of B&M inverts. Sure, it's better than the forceless stuff B&M has been building in the US lately (Silver Bullet, Patriot), but BM doesn't even come close to rides like Nemesis, Dragons, Katun, Montu or your average Batman.

I know there's some sort of conspiracy to dethrone EGF as the best steel coaster in Europe, but sorry, BM is not even close.

dt