TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

Good update. Great EGF footage !

Gotta love the mid-ride bückel (the quick right-left hill thingy @ 1:34 in the video).

What's next ? Phantasialand ? Have fun !.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EGF is a good ride but has lost much of its former glory.

The trains vibrate and make way too much noise (like many of that type of Intamin-trains), the trims ruin everything, and the park is just "exploiting" the popularity of the ride way too much.

Full ack! EGF has lost much of it`s power the last years. Somedays (cold days) it has problems to make it through the turn which leads back into the two bunny hills after the tricktrack-element which produces a lot of hangtime.

Poor EGF.

Greetings

schrubber

^ Yes. There really is nothing in that area other than the SLC, and they've already cleared land in the Greek section (I think that's where it was going) to move it for next year. Basically they told me they felt the park was too big for the amount of attractions they had and they wanted a slightly smaller more focused park.

It's not a bad idea, and honestly, the Iberia section wasn't that big and there wasn't any reason to go there other than for the SLC.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

--Robb

Oh please... tell me that that post was only a rumor!

Iberia is the most amazing area of the park, the place is magic for me, I love its theming, and it's true that the only important ride there is the SLC, but the area is amazing... The beach, the streets, the theming, the shows, the gardens... Did you see Brave Train queues? They're probbably, with Furius Baco ones, the best in Spain...

Sorry for this stupid post, but I'm confused, and it seems that the TPRs talk with someone important of Terra Mítica.

Oh! If anyone knows anything about Ibéria's area(Terra Mítica), here you've a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pmAjLrSyI

Hope you enjoy it!

PS: Awesome reviews! Can't wait for the reports

I'm sure if we told them that everyone on the trip would rank it #1 in the internet coaster poll they would turn off the trims!

--Robb "Although with the trims off, it would be ranked accurately anyway!" Alvey

50 people coming in from all over the world has got to count for something, right?

You'd think they'd want to impress us with what their baby can do. Is leaving the trims off for an hour really going to affect anything?

Oh well, maybe Walibi World will run their Intamin at full speed for us.

EGF still looks like the best Intamin hyper to me, and probably the best hyper period!

Outstanding video, guys, this site really knows how to keep their readers happy. Easily the best POV footage I have found throughout the internet.

I know the twists on rides like EGF and Millie Force are probably really good (haven't ridden either), but I still really want to see Intamin come out with a hypercoaster with a true out&back layout like Apollo's Chariot, Goliath La Ronde, or one of the Morgan's. That to me, may be the ultimate steel coaster that technology can develop at the present time.

Ge Force is at the top of my must ride list. It looks amazing. I live in New England so SROS is conveniently close...I have had my eyes on Ge Force since they opened it, I need to get my self the heck over there. Nice pics and video Robb, looks like you all had a blast!

GREAT update, Robb!

I have to say, even with the trims, EGF is an amazing ride. Truly, up until that first set of trims, there is simply no other steel coaster (in my opinion) that can top it -- Lou quoted me eariler and I will repeat: it is a religious experience.

I was really disappointed with the trims, but it IS still a wonderful coaster and the park really rolled out the red carpet for us and for that we were all VERY thankful.

I can never thank Robb and Elissa enough for a truly amazing trip!

-- Dave

Although I obviously drool over the thought of Black Mamba, I must admit that EGF has always looked great to me. With that said, I'm also confused as to why a park wouldn't wanna showcase its pride and joy at top form?

Eh, maybe someday soon we'll get a new EFG-like Intamin hyper stateside. King's Dominion, anyone? Oh wait, I guess that should be for the rumor (wish) superthread....sorry.

If the trims on EGF are like those on SFNE's Superman, then "turning them off" would involve physically going up to the brakes themselves and either drastically adjusting or completely removing them. In other words, there's a good chance there's no "on/off" switch, or any easy adjustment at all, available.

Perhaps these are different though--I haven't been there.

Yes, there is no off-switch for the brakes, sadly.

Correct, there is no on/off switch, but they can be controlled. It would be something that would have to be worked out with the park prior to the visit. I highly doubt it would happen, but it's always worth asking!

Although I obviously drool over the thought of Black Mamba

While I'll get to it in another update, Black Mamba was a huge dissapointment for me. The theming of the ride was really nice (although no Nemesis or queue of Dueliing Dragons), the ride itself just really seem to lack something.

I felt it was one of the weaker B&M inverts I've been on as far as forces go, and the layout reminded me more of Great Bear where you did all this pointless meandering throughout the last half of the ride.

It was still a "fun" ride, and the GP eat it up, but it just really let me down.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great ride, I've just been on so many other better B&Ms.

--Robb "Still thinks Winjas is the best coaster at Phantasialand" Alvey

How many hills are there that produce airtime, I counted 6 clear hills of airtime, but I couldn't tell if the first drop produced airtime and the crazy s-turn hill looks like the back might airtime. Could anyone let me know? As far as it being better than S:ROS, I have no idea, I am obviously a S:ROS fanboy, but that ride looks nuts! It would have to be amazing, because there are some days when S:ROS never lets up and just goes crazy!

Is S:ROS not good to people because of it's restraint? That's just ridiculous then.

Wow, that is too bad about Black Mamba, looking at it it would seem to be more forceful due to its compact size inversions and it also looks like it has a few good leg choppers around the rocks. Still seems worth riding. The theming does look very Disney-like as far as detail goes.

While I'll get to it in another update, Black Mamba was a huge dissapointment for me.

Why's that update taking so long?

Yeah, I've heard several of you guys say that, and even though I honestly believe the reputable opinions, I'm still so intrigued by it. Of course, I'm still dying go to Nemesis first, but damn, BM just *looks* so good! Glad it wasn't a total bust though.

^It does *look* really cool, and the front seat is pretty good. But it is nowhere near Nemesis in ride or intensity. And anywhere but the front was actually pretty lame in my opinion.

It actually kind of made me hate the Germans even more for trying so hard to dethrone GeForce with Mamba!! At least go for Winjas!!!

Correct, there is no on/off switch, but they can be controlled. It would be something that would have to be worked out with the park prior to the visit. I highly doubt it would happen, but it's always worth asking!

Ummm....they could be controlled if they were your standard, pneumatic-air piston operated friction trims. However, they're not.

The trims on EGF are magnetic eddy current brakes on a fixed, unmoveable bracket. The braking power of these trims cannot be increased and decreased. To take the trims off, you'd literally have to unbolt the brackets and take them off the ride.

See this picture: http://rcdb.com/ig977.htm?picture=51

No pneumatic lines or any electrical wires at all. They are essentially install and forget magnets. All you have to do is make sure they are bolted in and properly maintained.

I don't know if it would be possible for anyone to dethrone G Force. I haven't personally rode it, but judging by all of the pics & vids I've seen... it looks like everyone is accurate in saying it is "The best steel coaster in the world". Maybe one day we'll see something crazier, and hopefully it's near CT (LOL)

^^only morons and little girls scream on coasters.

An observation the coach driver made last year on the UK trip was that he could always tell when TPR was on a coaster because there was much less screaming than the General Public.