TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you with firefox who can't view the videos, here are the links to all the ones so far:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/bonushelix_882.wmv

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/bouncy_168.wmv

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/ramses_767.wmv

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/stampida_pov_450.wmv

To find the links in Firefox is easy. Select the box where the video should be, right click, and hit "view selection source". Look for a line that says something like:

<param name="FileName" value="http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/stampida_pov_450.wmv">

Then copy and paste the URL for the video into firefox and hit enter.

HEY!

Robb said "pics and videoS" and there is only one VideO

To you and the person who bitched about there not being a video from our 2nd day in Madrid....keep complaining and I'll just simply STOP doing the updates..

--Robb "Not staying up until 2am every night if you're going to bitch about the updates." Alvey

Yeah, a little patience wouldn't go amiss. It's hard work organising a trip for 50+ people and managing your site from halfway around the globe. Some people just haven't figured that out yet.

And Happy 4th of July to all you awesome Americans out of the country. I salute you!

HEY!

Robb said "pics and videoS" and there is only one VideO

To you and the person who bitched about there not being a video from our 2nd day in Madrid....keep complaining and I'll just simply STOP doing the updates..

--Robb "Not staying up until 2am every night if you're going to bitch about the updates." Alvey

Come on Robb- it was a joke- lighten up

I hope you could see China Town (in the Teatre Imperial of China, in PortAventura). That's the best show in the park and one of the best shows I've seen in a theme park.

The red balloon in the water near Furius Baco is a sign for the boats. And in the queues, all those kind of "dummies" wich are everywhere (on the houses, on the supports, in the entrance...) represents the dummies who have riden the train prototipe (wich is crashed in the entrance), to show all the people the great safety of the ride!

What's with all this talk I hear about the videos not working with Firefox? I have the latest version of it and they all work for me. I think you have to download a plugin for them to work. Another great photo TR for the day. When I was in Spain, not too far from Port Aventura (Barcelona in 2002) I got a coke bottle with an add for it. Not that any of you care, but I just thought I'd share it with you since you went there today.

-Sam

100_1948.JPG.a62da170a369869820d7e3f518ec50c6.JPG

The picture is kinda blurry so here is what it says "Consigue tu entrada! Mira al dorso" I have no idea what that means even though I just completed 3 years of Spanish in high school.

^^^Honestly you may be joking about the updates and stuff, but as being a member of the "ORIGINAL BOTBC" and the first TPR organized trip to the UK, (yes I am bragging) they put alot of work in these trips and for Robb and Elissa to do updates on the trip is amazing. I am absolutely amazed of all the photos and videos we have seen thus far. Robb and Elissa keep em' comin'.

Now I am not trying to be an ass or anything, but it does take alot of work, not only to take 50 people to a place that very few have been, but to do updates....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! Do you guys ever get any sleep?!?!?

Until you go on a trip with them you have no clue what goes on during these trips. I am very very jealous right now. I just hope some BOTBC members will join me at the bar during the midwest trip, or at least say hi! I miss all of you!

So in other words, just give Robb and Elissa a little slack, we are lucky enough to get what we are getting. They like to have fun too with everyone else on the trip:)

No I am not mad at you for posting even if you were serious or just kidding, but if the updates stop, just look at what happened when Robb told me to tackle someone. And they call me the "Friendly Giant".

No worries just have a good time guys see you all real soon and thanks for all the pics and updates...NOW GET SOME SLEEP!!!!!!!!!

Casey"My Giant, will I ever see a yellow hat?!?!"Childers

^ Jeez all I was saying that they have done a great job and I have nothing against them and I am well aware of how hard they are working to keep us updated. I am planning on go on a trip with them next year if I can earn enough money.

-Sam

Hey everybody... Congratulations, great photos Robb, but I want more, it's great to see photos of POrt Aventura Here....

Like you I think that POrt aventura kick ass with theming, In my oppinion is one of the best 3 parks of europe... but everybody will have his own oppinion....

I went on Monday to Port Aventura and the day was cloudy!! what a Shame. Well I only want to tell that you should not forget two rides with a great theming, Sea Odissey (in the POlinesian area) and Templo del Fuego (In Mexico). These two rides were built when Universal Studios controlled the park a few years ago.

Don’t miss as well Fiestavenutura and China Town, the two kick ass shows of the park

See you and have a great time here in Catalonia.

PD: It's correct that the new cars of Stampida are from Bakum o Bakut o something like this, and they have setroyed the ride completly, Why Port aventura has contracted someone that never has made cars for a woddy coaster?¿? I don't understand anything...

OK, not to beat a dead donkey, but judging by the video, STAMPIDA looks sooooooo slow compared to when I rode it with the old trains! What a pity!!! I mean, it used to be kind of rough and "shuffely", but now it looks like it just creeps through the course with no airtime at all!?! Poor poor Stampida. What were they thinking with the new trains?

And, speaking of trains, everyone who's coming on the Mini-Europe Trip should be glad that we've got a coach-bus booked because there's been all sorts of public transportation strikes happening here in Germany and it's complete chaos trying to get anywhere!

The picture is kinda blurry so here is what it says "Consigue tu entrada! Mira al dorso" I have no idea what that means even though I just completed 3 years of Spanish in high school.

It means that you remove the sticker of the bottle and behind it is printed like to be able obtain a free ticket to PortAventura ... it is a contest.

Here in Spain you can find much contests or 2x1, disscounts, etc. to enter in a theme park (In all spanish theme park)

Stampida - If the ride was smoother it would be great. I think the new trains could have really hurt this ride. But we had an hour of ERT on it this morning and we all had a really good time.

It was 100 times better with the old PTC trains. It was'nt rough at all and had ALOT of airtime. Now it's very rough and has little airtime but still manages to be a bit fun because of the racing.

Dragon Khan - Don't ride in the green train! It's awesome! Some of us like it better than Kumba, some of us think it's REALLY REALLY close. Overall, great ride!

I think it is the Blue train which is the roughest.

Furius Baco - OMFG. This ride beats the living hell out of you. Rapes you and steals your children. But it's FREAKING AMAZING! It goes in that "It's amazing but I hate it" category.

I loved it but always got a headache after it but it is still my no.2 after Dragon Khan. Did you get a headache after it?

Did you go on Templo del Fuego because it is AMAZING and probally one of the best things in the park. I'm glad you loved the park, so do I.

OMG Stampida looks sooo slow compared when I ride it with the old trains...well last year was insane, really fast, maybe too dangerous XD

Nice shots of all Spain Theme parks, but Port Aventura (my hometown ptheme park) is the best Waaa i want to come back this year and try Furius Baco!!

Enjoy Catalonia!! ^__^

Coastermaniac1, you're right in everything you said. Stampida is rough with new trains, and headache appears if you ride on Furius Baco at the outer seats, or rear.

Sure you will change your mind if you try first row and seats near the track. But definitly this ride is rough everywhere you try them.

Keep having fun, and enjoying meals buffet at Marcopolo A little tip, try to eat at "Iron Horse", it's my favourite table restaurant at PortAventura.

Win your ticket! (entrance) Look at the back of the bottle