TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anybody Like Fireworks?

Boy, I never thought I would get such a response about fireworks. Just to let everybody know, I live in Indiana and all fireworks that you can buy in a store are legal, even the amazing ones. I am a fireworks fanatic, usually, on the 4th my family will spend close to two hundred dollars on fireworks because we know somebody who works for a fireworks supplier. Here is his website, and we don't buy any novelties, snakes toy trick noisemakers, or sparklers.

http://www.greatgrizzly.com/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm....I live in California.

So do I! Just like Brent said above, he lives in Tustin and they are not legal there, so he lights them in Santa Ana. They are not legal in my area either, but I buy them and light them in Cathedral City. Just because you live in Cailfornia doesn't mean you can't buy fireworks!

----Antonio G.

I agree fireworks never get old. My b-day next week too, as a kid back in the day, they were legal all over Cali and I'd get at least 5 boxes worth as birthday gifts, total pyro heaven!

Here's a cool display sim:

http://www.pyrospectaculars.com/fireyourown.html

This one is better www.fireworks.com/interactive/fireworks_show/default.asp

Well, some kid in my town dropped firecrackers and a can of Axe into a fire and burned one of his nipples off after they exploded, so I try and stay away from firecrackers.

And that is one of the reasons why we aren't allowed to light of fireworks in California.

My town's firework show is tonight.

These people that live here own a international fireworks company and they put on the show every year.

As for myself and fireworks... I enjoy making them. The only kind that are legal are thse stupid ones you put on the ground and spray sparks up 3 feet. I've never really gotten in trouble with the law but they have taken stuff away before... 3 times I think. One time we lit a modifed Picclo Pete off in the street and a cop car came down the road and had to wait for it to go off to continue... which for whatever reason is all they did.

It sucks being in California, you get fireworks but no mortars. But thankfully I have family that lives in Pahrump Nevada. It may seem like a little hole in the wall town because Vegas is only like an hour, but they have a Wal-Mart sized fireworks super-store. It is awesome! I bought a Tuff Shed that is full of fireworks. I even have a license to shoot them off in a field. Yea, I'm a PYRO.

It sucks being in California, you get fireworks but no mortars. But thankfully I have family that lives in Pahrump Nevada. It may seem like a little hole in the wall town because Vegas is only like an hour, but they have a Wal-Mart sized fireworks super-store. It is awesome! I bought a Tuff Shed that is full of fireworks. I even have a license to shoot them off in a field. Yea, I'm a PYRO.

Freakin' awesome, they're supposed to be getting a shooting range pretty soon. 4 super-stores to be exact

Nebraska ROcks for fireworks. Just today i was like, we need to go buy some fireworks, and my parents saind that we could go tomorrow to the stands, and i said screw that. ROAD TRIP TO ROCK PORT, IOWA!!!!

Firework Capitol of the world!

Ill post more of my stash 2morrow

The CHP is known to have checkpoints on the California/Nevada border to bust people bringing in any non safe and sane fireworks.

In my part of California, we don't even get normal fireworks!! Sparklers, cheap fountains, those bright flashers, the little things that are like 1 inch long that make a 5 second fountain of sparks...erverything! It's all illegal!

Fireworks are fun to watch, but I hate to buy them cause I always end up thinking of what else I could do with the money. Luckily my older brother is such a big kid when it comes to fireworks so I get to see his. Tons of stands in my area but what's the point of getting any if your only going to get legal ones...?

My whole block is INSANE right now. 1/4 sticks of dynamite are going off everywhere, and they're shooting off HUGE mortars in the middle of the road, that cover the whole block. The cops have given up trying to stop my neighboorhood from doing them, and everyone knows it, so everyone does them worry free.

-Nick

The CHP is known to have checkpoints on the California/Nevada border to bust people bringing in any non safe and sane fireworks.

Yea but I stocked up like 2 years ago because I knew that this was bound to happen so now I go up to Washington where I also have family and buy them there.

For the last 6 years, I have been getting fireworks and lighting them off. And for the last three, I have been buying the shells, and tubes for more fun. There are basically the real thing, like the same ones you seem in firework shows but just a little smaller.

Last night, a cop came to our house and we had to hide until he left. Apparently the neighbors called