TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What rides have you ridden in their debut season?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tremors (silverwood), Goliath (sfmm), SUF (sfga), Greezed Lightning (sfkk), Medusa (sfmw), V2 (sfmw), Stealth (pga), Psycho Mouse (pga), Xcelerator (knotts), Italian Job (pkd), Cobra (sfmw), Zonga (sfmw), Harvest Express (nut tree park), Tatsu (sfmm), X (sfmm) That's about it.

One that I can think of right off the top of my head is one that I just rode today, Tony Hawk's Big Spin at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I'll hopefully be able to post a photo TR of my San Antonio trip next week (went to Sea World - but did not ride Journey to Atlantis, Schlitterbahn, and 2 days of SFFT). I think I also rode a few new rides at Disney World in the early to mid 1990s in their first season; I wasn't keeping track.

At Kings Dominion...

- when their water park first opened I did Splash Island (the kids area)

- Pipeline Peak / Big Wave Bay

- 7th Portal in the Action F/X Theater

- Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion

- hoping to get the new WaterWorks rides in this year, if I get to go. Now that I'm working full time, days off during the week don't come so often.

It depends what you consider my home park- moving away from the fact that I lived all over the place- I am from the Buffalo, NY area and Fantasy Island is technically the closest park to me so I can say that I rode the DL Predator in its first year and the same with Dragon Mountain- both about 30 minutes from me at the time.

A few years back I was dating a guy in Toronto and I was up there almost every weekend and we had PCW Season passes and I rode Tomb Raider its 1st year.

I also rode Woostock Express in its first year as well as the WDW ToT- I rode it during CM previews at that! Also Italian Hand Job Stunt Track- rode that in its first year at KI- on Pride Night (they actually called something a bit more risque but I tired to keep it PG-13). That's all I can think of off the top of my prematurely balding head.

In their opening year..

The Italian Job - PKI

Expedition Everest - Animal Kingdom

Rage - Adventure Island

Crush's Turtle Twister - Disney Studio's (Soon to be anyway..)

Rita Queen of Speed - Alton Towers

Air - Alton Towers

Spinball Whizzer - Alton Towers

Velocity - Flamingoland

Klondike Gold Mine - Funland Hayling Island

Thats all I can think of for now..

I actually waited in line 4 hours back in 2003 on Zonga's opening day and was on the first train of the general public to ride the ride. Man was that a big mistake, and I only rode the coaster one more time after that before it closed. Man am I glad that coaster is gone, it was like a scar to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

I've probably been on more, like Tatsu, but I'd have to think about it a little more.

• 2 weeks later...

I consider Carowinds my home park, otherwise Hurler, Top Gun, Ricochet, Reptar, and Borg would be on this. I usually seem to get to new rides a year after they open.

Alpengeist (97)

Top Gun (99)

Apollo's Chariot (99)

Volcano (yeah yeah yeah 98 well it operated for less than a month that year so I'm counting it as 99)

Millennium Force (00)

Hydra Fighter II (01)

Hypersonic XLC (01)

Superman Ultimate Flight (02)

Thunderhead (04)

Storm Runner (04)

Italian Job (05)

Hades (05)

Avalanche (05)

Powder Keg (05)

VeggieTales Sideshow Spin lol... (05)

The Voyage (06)

Kentucky Rumbler (06)

Spinning Dragons (06)

Goliath (06)

Italian Job (06)

Mystery Mine (07)

Griffon (07)

It's kinda hard to remember, since my home parks went from being SFMM/Knott's/DL/DCA/USH to SFNE in 2002. However, off the top of my head I can come up with:

Hydra at Dorney (rode it opening weekend)

Shamu Express at SWO (rode it opening day)

Silver Bullet at Knott's

Mummy at USH

Storm Runner at Hershey

El Toro at SFGAdv

Sheikra at BGT

Scream at SFMM

Tatsu at SFMM

Italian Job at PKD/KD

Space Mountain 2005 at Disneyland (new track, new themeing, same layout, so this is a sorta)

I also have a trip to BGW/BGE planned for next month to ride Griffon