TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights 2007: Carnival of Carnage

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe, "Carnival Of Carnage is also the name of the "Insane Clown Posse"s first album, and they also make references to a dark carnival. My friends who are into these guys are gonne be psyched to have a similar looking event based on the weird music they like.

Wondering if anyone else noticed the JS button up in the right hand corner of the HHN page...when you click this it brings up the Case Reports or whatever you would like to call them on the big 3...but an interesting side note would be the stitched together maps under the files. I notice Transylvania, LA, Orlando, Coney Island, and the South Pole. Anyone else recognize any others?!

Carnival of Carnage, I just know that there is going to be clowns there from the title. Clowns=not Voyage_luvr safe!! I freakin' hate clowns, especially Ronald McDonald. Definitely won't be going to this.

OMG, I just checked out the page and saw the part based on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, now there's definitely no way I'm going. That movie terrifies me, and Leatherface gives me nightmares. Eeek.

Carnival of Carnage, I just know that there is going to be clowns there from the title. Clowns=not Voyage_luvr safe!! I freakin' hate clowns, especially Ronald McDonald. Definitely won't be going to this.

OMG, I just checked out the page and saw the part based on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, now there's definitely no way I'm going. That movie terrifies me, and Leatherface gives me nightmares. Eeek.

Wuss!!!! lol!

Confirmed house locations:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the Earthquake queue

Friday the 13th in the Jaws queue

Yet to be named vampire house in Nazarman's (New York) facade

Yet to be named clown house in one of the tents behind MIB (possibly 3-D)

A Nightmare on Elm Street, Dead Silence and another mystery house will be in the soundstages. The final house, while unconfirmed as of yet, is rumored to be based on The Thing and will take place in the other tent structure behind MIB.

So they're really gonna use the tents again???

I didn't like them very much, the lines where too long and they are a bit on the small/short side.

I also think that the 3 icons should all get soundstage houses, well maybe not Jason 8)

They'll probably be using those things for a long time to come. They weren't cheap. It's also the only way they'd be able to fit eight houses in USF.

The reason TCM is being put in the Earthquake queue is chainsaw fumes. That building is open air so they have somewhere to escape. For Jason, they probably want to use the Jaws lake to their advantage for theming purposes. Fortunately, they started construction early this year for the sole purpose of making the houses more detailed than usual. The soundstage houses shouldn't be the only good looking ones this time around.

Seriously I dont see why they dont go back to use both Islands and Universal like they did year 15, it was so nice, with no tents, and it themes better, when they plan this next year, I would plan it purposely for the haunted house to fit well with the buildings, so they have NO tents at all, I mean in 16 we were all crammed in a small tent, and when the wind blew you could see outside, and it totally ruined the WHOLE effect of the house, I just hope that USF learns that, though Im totally psyched if there gonna have chainsaws IN a haunted house, wow Id freak out SO bad!!!!

The tents were indeed the shortest houses, and the "mood" in the soundstages just has a better mystique feel to it (doesn't it?), but darn it if last year's People Under The Stairs wasn't frickin' cool despite being in a tent!!!

Agreed though, the tent houses should be minimilized.

I didn't mind the tent houses, I just didn't look straight up to see the white tent. I always went through both of them while it was dark.

They'll probably be using those things for a long time to come. They weren't cheap. It's also the only way they'd be able to fit eight houses in USF.

The reason TCM is being put in the Earthquake queue is chainsaw fumes. That building is open air so they have somewhere to escape. For Jason, they probably want to use the Jaws lake to their advantage for theming purposes. Fortunately, they started construction early this year for the sole purpose of making the houses more detailed than usual. The soundstage houses shouldn't be the only good looking ones this time around.

Exactly, this year they started out early so they could add more detail than ever to the houses. Hell, they’ve even made the facade for Freddy's house, AND pictures have already leaked out!

I have some pictures of the visible house construction. I'll post them here once I resize them.

Sorry for the double post, but It would've been on really long post!

Here's some pictures of the HHN 07 construction going on. Also I asked the girl at the new redirected Jaws queue if that was HHN construction going on, and she said with a big smile "Yup, That's the Jason House." I was impressed, I figured I get an "I don’t know".

1789396134_HHNHouseConstruction13.JPG.d458be33d8438abec06ff72034a378c3.JPG

Dead Silence poster in front of Monster Horror Mack-up Show. It’s been here a while, but I'm sure it was a hint for HHN.

797955810_HHNHouseConstruction12.JPG.f5a3de292d26f51b20abe7272a97b7ca.JPG

The lights were on inside both Narzaman's and the Arcade. Also, when I looked through the crack in the door of Narzaman's a saw some black structure/facade. So there is definitely something going on in there!

257144421_HHNHouseConstruction11.JPG.c923f701c363e851c32e668141f816e9.JPG

Ahhh, Sting Alley. This is hopefully the connecting point between the two buildings. For those that didn’t know, this is where the rumored Vampire house will go. It will be in Narzaman’s and connect to the arcade building via Sting Alley.

1226459404_HHNHouseConstruction10.JPG.793530482e0b363beee56174cb954c05.JPG

Narzaman's! all the "real" windows were blocked off some you could peek through the top or the side. There was a lot of black fences in there...that's all I could see.

181930911_HHNHouseConstruction9.JPG.7b5e3cb5cc3d42eb53d2a791f3b90f44.JPG

Another shot of the bus. I’m not sure if they are going to move this over for Jason's house, Or is there a bus in TCM?

131260632_HHNHouseConstruction8.JPG.615dbb91ad0a92b47698e311b926441e.JPG

There was definitely construction going on back there.

163569048_HHNHouseConstruction7.JPG.4dea455832f1ea37ea97d9eecf989438.JPG

The Bus! For those that didn’t know the TCM house is going behind Earthquake. This is where RUN was last year.

682266190_HHNHouseConstruction6.JPG.d0f07b7ca53538796f247dbaf8ea9128.JPG

More wooden slats could be seen through the windows.

1913820269_HHNHouseConstruction5.JPG.73bca09d065d7573ac20134a637bc87b.JPG

This early construction really gets me excited for this year.

228410618_HHNHouseConstruction4.JPG.0d56ef2e2f13b7f2ea4580bdea0b627a.JPG

Another, slightly blurry shot. It's gonna be interesting how the entrance/exit relates to how they set up DOT last year.

302841626_HHNHouseConstruction3.JPG.5ee0ad227142203f927adb705ea5b641.JPG

These walls were pretty much all I could see without actually walking into the structure (Which I didn't).

1932421007_HHNHouseConstruction1.JPG.85fbc2a43c1e130792033ef31b724ac6.JPG

From what I could see the whole house had those wood slats for walls. I'm sure this will change, but that type of wall would work awesome with some strobes and fog!

1045389050_HHNHouseConstruction2.JPG.f2be1e6908c49a2c68fc17ca218b51ab.JPG

Here's the side of the Jason's House. This are already has a "campy" type feel, IMO it's the perfect place for this house.

Dude if they use the MIB queve for a haunted house that would rule! They could block off areas with walls so you cant see the ride stuff, and that wide hallway covered in dots with all the rooms there ready for people to hide in, that would be AWESOME, they should do that some year, maybe if they ever theme it to aliens, but that nazaram thing looks awesome, and the jaws thing looks awesome already, I wonder if there going to keep those boards up...

OMG! I just read the story over at screamscape about the confirmation of 'The Thing' being a house and I just went totally insane! I can't wait. I am going to save that house as the last to visit so I can S@#! myself at the end of the night. They even said that they are going to use the same creepy music from the movie! Like I said,I'm already booked but I think I have to go 2 nights instead of the one. We have tickets for the 27th, we'll just have to get them for the 28th as well.I'll call my travel agent in the morning(she is my husband's aunt so we get great deals)! So if anybody wants to meet up just let me know. We are staying at the Portofino Bay.I think that this is going to be the best HHN ever. Ican't wait.

Will they have discounts for the event at Wendy's or any other stuff? I saw there is a coke promotion for FL residents, but I will be living in FL and not have any FL ID so I don't know if its valid for me. Any way to save money for me would be good. I don't know what date I will go, since it depends on when I need to work.

Seems the first piece of the Carnival Of Carnage is coming to life. I noticed you can click on the 'What Is It' Trailer that is hooked to the red truck. It brings up a keypad that you can enter 4 numbers on. I tried a few key date but was not to successful in finding the correct code till I tried 3113 and it opens the cage up so to speak.

You will learn abit about the back story of the new Outpost 3113 and Dr. Richard West. Seems human trails has just began.

Also some more clickable things have appeared on the map along with some new things added to map.

Click on the little petri dish of blood on the desk. I saw this at 5am this morning EST.

Haha...I hadn't seen the movie until this weekend and when the petri dish scene happened I definitely jumped. Great movie...totally glad I went out and bought it, now I just can't wait to get down there in October to see the house!

... Like I said,I'm already booked but I think I have to go 2 nights instead of the one. We have tickets for the 27th, we'll just have to get them for the 28th as well.I'll call my travel agent in the morning(she is my husband's aunt so we get great deals)! So if anybody wants to meet up just let me know. We are staying at the Portofino Bay.I think that this is going to be the best HHN ever. Ican't wait.

2 nights is NOT a bad idea! Especially if you're going on your first night ona PEAK night! The place is FULL-ISIMO! I've made it a habit to not only go on a non-peak night (thursday or sunday) but to get the express passes as well. Last year I got to see 3 of the 7 houses TWICE (they didn't stamp my express pass the first time). t was a GREAT night!

But with the promos for Jason, Freddy & Leatherface...this year looks like its gonna steamroll previous years in attendance.