TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sequels and Prequels - Best and Worst

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blair Witch shouldn't have been thought of in the first place... Worst. Film. Ever.

Best sequel? Probably Goldmember... I got so many kicks outta that!

Worst? Final Destination 2 & 3... Same idea + nothing original = yawn...

I did like the whole roller coaster crashing part though

worst: Scary Movie 3+4 and probably the coming 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and SM 10.

also the Police academy movies just got worse after number 1 (all 10 thousand of them are crap) and I think every disney movie is ruined, except for Jungle Book, I think Jungle book 1 is better, but I also like number 2

Best: Harry Potter & POTC

I'm not that much into movies, but I do have a few to add...

The "American Pie" movies- I thought the 2 sequels were just as good as the original.

"The Exorcist", which is my all-time favorite horror movie, had the worst sequel ever, I think. Part 3 wasn't too bad- it was actually based on the book "Legion". I have not seen the prequel, although I heard it was pretty bad. A movie as good as the original, I think can never be topped and should just be left alone.

I loved the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies- the third one was my favorite. I think they went downhill after that. There's only so much mileage you can get from a concept.

Sequels:

Batman Forever/Batman & Robin

Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo

Scary Movie 3, 4

Dr. Dolittle 2

Shrek The Third

Prequels:

The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas

That's all of the crappy sequels I have seen, that I can recall. I'm sure there are more.

^Ironically, Back to the Future 3 isn't actually a "sequel." Not that this is to take away the merit that you didn't like it, but the entire series of Back to the Future was, at first, one long movie, but the producers decided to split it into 3, released separately.

Anyway, moving on.

Worst Prequel: Dumb and Dumberer

Worst:

Star Wars Episode I

Star Wars Episode II

Star Wars Episode III

Spiderman 3

All Disney sequels (save Toy Story II and The Rescuers Down Under)

Best:

Star Wars Episode VI

Spiderman 3

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

X-Men II

Any Indiana Jones

Back to the Future II

I am very surprised only one shoutout to the greatest sequel of all time, the Godfather II. That movie was better than the original. Other sequels:

Beverly Hills Cop 2

Any Indiana Jones

Any Lethal Weapon

Worst Sequels:

Major League III

Caddyshack II

Godfather III

Any Scary Movie

^Ironically, Back to the Future 3 isn't actually a "sequel." Not that this is to take away the merit that you didn't like it, but the entire series of Back to the Future was, at first, one long movie, but the producers decided to split it into 3, released separately.

Anyway, moving on.

That is false, their was never a plan for a sequel when the first movie was being filmed.

BEST: Toy Story 2, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Back to the Future 2, Back to the Future 3

WORST: Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest (right down there with Fantastic Four and Final Destination as the one of the worst movies ever made), and pretty much everything else.

Sequels and Prequels are not necessarily a bad thing. It all matters why the movie is being made. Forced Sequels (like the hills have eyes 2) almost always suck. Sequels that need to be made or that the director of the original really feels the need to make are usually good (devils rejects)

BEST: Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, Live Free or Die Hard, Toy Story 2, Shrek 2, and you can shoot me later, but I thought Scary Movie 4 was pretty funny.

WORST: Spiderman 3 (such a letdown), The Matrix: Revolutions, Underworld: Evolution, and basically every movie that didn't have to have a sequel, but did anyways 'just because'.

My favorite sequels/prequels include:

Prequels

Batman Begins

Lion King 1 1/2 (pretty damn funny)

Sequels

Batman Returns

Superman Returns

Home Alone 2 (loved it when i was younger)

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Matrix Reloaded

Bad Boys 2

X-men 2

Terminator 2

Austin Powers 2

Spider Man 2

Rush Hour 2

The Mummy Returns

My least favorite include:

Sequels

Ninja Turtles 2