TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR - Spain Tour 2007 Schedule!

Check for daily updates!

Here are the parks and dates:

6/29 - Parque de Atracciones Madrid (late afternoon)

6/30 - Isla Magica

7/1 - Parque de Atracciones Madrid (Morning) and Parque de Atracciones Zaragoza (Night)

7/2 - Port Aventura Resort

7/3 - Port Aventura Resort

7/4 - Port Aventura Resort & Tibidabo

7/5 - Festilandia

7/6 - Terra Mitica

7/7 - Parqe Warner Madrid

If anyone is in the area, come say hi!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in the local area and want to meet any of us, please drop us an email and let us know.

Please note that if you're not part of the official tour you will not be able to take part in any ERT or group meals, but we'd love to meet as many local TPR members as possible!

--Robb

Hey Robb & Elissa...

I am currently working as Ride Op at Tibidabo (little park you're visiting on the 4th July). As you know, the park has two small coasters (one which is not a credit because it's a powered mine train).

Well, if you happen to find me, my name is Oriol...hope to see you all really soon!

Hey Robb & Elissa...

I am currently working as Ride Op at Tibidabo (little park you're visiting on the 4th July). As you know, the park has two small coasters (one which is not a credit because it's a powered mine train).

Well, if you happen to find me, my name is Oriol...hope to see you all really soon!

We will come look for you on 4th July!

If anyone else who is local to the Spanish parks we are visiting wants to meet up, drop me an email or PM and I'll give you my mobile number.

--Robb

Hi everybody!!! Wow, new here and I'm going to meet and greet great people !

On July 7, I'm going to be at Parque Warner (a.k.a. Warner Bros. Movie World Park) if you see a beatiful extremly sexy man with both hands in the air hanging a placard with "Welcome Guiris" that's me!!!

Sure that's a joke, what's not is all about the sexiest man on the earth... (okay okay only thing true is I'm going to be on 7/7 at Parque Warner)

see you

Oh man, you're going to have so much fun there.

Smart choice to stay for over two days at Port Aventura. With all their rides, spectacular roller coasters and beautiful shows, you will need two days at least.

REMEMBER: Stampida - red train - back seat - at night. That'll definetely beat Balder!

REMEMBER: Stampida - red train - back seat - at night. That'll definetely beat Balder!

Sorry, but definitly NOT! That wonderful experience has been changed because new trains are a piece of shit! You may understand why when you ride them.

Last thing I must say about new sensation with new trains: PAIN!!!!

Sorry, but definitly NOT! That wonderful experience has been changed because new trains are a piece of poo-poo! You may understand why when you ride them.

Last thing I must say about new sensation with new trains: PAIN!!!!

I have only been on the new trains, since I visited the park this year for the first time. And I love that Stamida. At night, when the locals come to the park there is a real good atmosphere in Port Aventura. Especially around Stampida. Everybody was cheering and clapping their hands when the trains left (and halve of the people were when the train rolled back in the station). I did Stampida like 6 times tthat eveninng. That one ride on the red train, back seat was magical.

Yes, stampida is rough, but it's not painful. That roughnes adds to the speed sensation. What is this new Intamin thing that woodíes suddenly need to be B&M smoothish? Rough and noisy is pretty cool, as long as there are no over the shoulder restraints.

In Spain there's no culture about Theme Parks, so that's why all spaniards clap their hands at the end of the track. Most of them if you ask will say "I never been outside spain, or when I was, I never been to a foreing Theme Park"

A common example: Don't ask why also do same thing when stops Tizona or Jaguar both SLCs at Terra Mitica / Isla Mágica.

If you enjoyed Stampida with new trains (track is one of my favourites) you must have proven last trains!

One thing left, In Spain rides are going even worst, because people who works at our parks don't know how to rehab tracks and trains. "Superman La atracción de acero" is a great B&M floorless coaster, try it now and when you return to station please tell me if this thing has been builded and designed by B&M.

Well, spain not being a "theme park contry" is probably true. But people getting so enthousiastic about a ride is always nice to see. I saw the same thing a couple of weeks ago in Germany with Heide Park's new rocket coaster. The general public was totally enthousiastic about Desert Race. Most of them have never seen a roller coaster train accelarating horizontally, instead of thundering down a hill.

What do you mean about Superman / La attracione de Acero? Do you mean that Spanish park mechanics don't maintain their rides properly? I've been on that coaster. It was very smooth, nothing wron with it. It only could have used some theming, it's just standing there in the desert. When I was at PWM I encountered terrible weather (24th of may, it was even on the dutch news that the weather hasn't been that terrible since a long time in Madrid). I couldn't focus too much on the ride itself, because I had a hard time dealing with the rain drops at 100 kph.

Well, spain not being a "theme park contry" is probably true. But people getting so enthousiastic about a ride is always nice to see. I saw the same thing a couple of weeks ago in Germany with Heide Park's new rocket coaster. The general public was totally enthousiastic about Desert Race. Most of them have never seen a roller coaster train accelarating horizontally, instead of thundering down a hill.

What do you mean about Superman / La attracione de Acero? Do you mean that Spanish park mechanics don't maintain their rides properly? I've been on that coaster. It was very smooth, nothing wron with it. It only could have used some theming, it's just standing there in the desert. When I was at PWM I encountered terrible weather (24th of may, it was even on the duts news that the weather hasn't been that terrible since a long time in Madrid). I couldn't focus to much on the ride itslef, because I had a hard time dealing with the rain drops at 100 kph.

I rode Superman - La atracción de acero in august and it was rough on the bottom of the first drop and after the first looping. It shook alot. It is the roughest B&M I've ridden (ofcourse I've only ridden 3 so it's not like I have alot of experience )

Oh, what a pity!!!!!, I´m going to Dominican Republic on 4th july and returning on 11th july.

I didn´t think that the last park of your visit to Spain was "Parque Warner", so it will be imposible to meet you.

P.D. And never thought about going to Parque de Atracciones because I don´t like that park anymore.

I hope you enjoy as much as you can on our spanish parks, and please, make tons of photos and videos.

Bye.

Superman a rough coaster????? and what about Coaster Express alias "bones breaker"?????

I have to work all the morning since 1pm, buy maybe I'll go to Terra Mítica after that to see you!

I hope you'll have a good journey!

PS.: Oh! One thing, Terra Mítica starts with the Summer NightShows and the opening from 10.00am to 1.00am the day after you go there... What a pity...

PS.2: Have you called to Terra Mítica? Anyone knows when will Inferno & Infinnito be aviable to ride them, a worker said to some of us that they will be open de 7th July... You should call the park and ask for some ERT in these rides if they're not opened.

PS.3: Don't forget to see these shows:

-PortAventura: China Town & FiestAventura

-Parque Warner: Batman Begins

-Isla Mágica: El Motín & El Misterio del Lago(The mistery of the lake)

-Terra Mítica: Barbarroja(RedBeard) & Tarantela(this is optional, if you're bored you can see it, it's not a bad show)

There are a lot of excellent Street Shows like Maverick el Tahúr(PA), Este arca No é(IM) or El Torneo, but they have dialogues in Spanish, so you won't understand nothing...

Now yes, Hope you have fun!

PS.4: Sorry for my bad English

Superman a rough coaster????? and what about Coaster Express alias "bones breaker"?????

Yeppp, It's a rough coaster if we're talking about B&M rides, if that coaster had been designed by Vekoma obviously we would not be speaking about that

Let me give you some tips for visiting spanish parks nowadays:

Parque de Atracciones Madrid:

Take care with your own personal belongins, if someone don't ride give them to him. Actually you can call this park a 'Gettho fair' because are many undesirable visitors.

There's no problems about queuing on flat rides, but it's difficult to guess how many people will have 'Tarantula' and 'Abismo'. Last month average... between 30' and 1 hour max.

Isla Magica:

Many undesirable visitors too, people who draw on queues, walls, seats... don't care about them and if you hear 'guiris' in here... exactly, they're talking about you!

What's new at Isla Mágica? 'Capitán Balas' it's a brand new shoot 'em up with cars in shape of a barrel.

Are you prepared for hot hot hot very hot Sevillian summer??? With luck with queues because this park is very unpredictible about attendance.

Parque de Atracciones Zaragoza

Nothing to say, enjoy the visit.

Port Aventura Resort

Let's see, well 2/3 days to visit, that's a great decision. I been to this resort last three weekends, and so that's why I can give you more updates:

Furious Baco it's brand new and people wants to ride it. So best hours to do queu: If you are the very first visitor waiting at gate of this park. From 10 am to 1 pm around 1 - 2 hours of waiting time. And from 1 pm to 5 pm 30' - 45'. people are eating at this period for sure it's the best time to ride this coaster. I warn you: Buuuut, If you see coaster working, run too for it; because Furius Baco stops several times for maintenance problems, and sometimes makes full stops for hours. Last weekend one train had problems with brakes sensors and then worked all Saturday only with one train.

One thing left about Furius Baco: try to ride on seats near the track you may experience another different feeling if you ride them on outside seats.

Attendance for those days (some insider information... ) 18,000 - 20,000 people inside both parks.

Last weekends averages for Rollercoaster ques: 1,30 hour.

Terra Mitica

Great for ride 'em all in three hours, nowadays attendance at this park is going down and they don't know why.

Good luck for finding new sensations open: Inferno a brand new ball-coaster who may be opened yet. And Infinnito a Gyrotower with great views from Benidorm and Mediterranean Sea.

Enjoy your visit in Spain!!! See you!

^We'll ditch him whether he's here or not!

Most of the group is at Parque Atracionnes in Madrid today, some are sightseeing, and some are sleeping (one is taking care of KidTums and checking everyone in as they arrive horribly late due to flight delays in the states!)

I would expect the first update to go up tonight.