TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Attention CP Fanboys!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you obviously aren't "getting" what or why we are asking this.

Everyone else who has responded seems to get it, and responded with very helpful information....so it's just you.

--Robb "Thank you to everyone who is helping us deterimine if this is a good idea or not!" Alvey

Sorry I just don't see why you need "personal experiences" to answer a question like this....

And how much they are? And are they charge per use or do they do like Universal or other parks where you get an hour free, etc, or only have to pay for the time you use.

...when the answer is easily found on the website I provided.

The person at TTD said nothing to us about loose items, cargo pockets, or anything.

In fact, oddly enough, the announcement was made time and time again that almost anything was ok as long as it was secured in a cargo pocket that either zipped or buttoned. To me, that seems very trusting of people's choice in clothing, considering the nature of the ride.

The only thing that is consistent is the inconsistency. I would plan on not carrying any items onto the larger rides. Especially those that don't fit in a pocket. Typically, the coasters that enforce the rule the most are the ones that have the lockers nearby (TTD, MF, Maverick).

If you wear glasses, then a black strap will be the greatest investment you ever made at Cedar Point. I have seen ops stop people from queuing because they didn't have a strap and were not wearing cargo shorts. If there are any questions, it is always best to ask the person manning the entrance (fortunately CP has one on most rides)

What I have seen people do on TTD, though, is right as the gates open to load, they run over to the fence and give the item to a non rider standing on the midway. The ops don't care if you do that.

And this is exactly why we've asked the question, cjeagle. Because the website does not cover ACTUAL experiences.

So I do thank everyone for responding with this information, but based on what FellTheFORCE posted, let me focus on a part of Elissa's original post:

if you are allowed to bring the big plastic souvenir cups that the park sells in line with you

So while we do know that there are lockers in front of TTF and MF, there are bins on some rides, the question still stands....

Can you bring them "IN LINE WITH YOU" or are you FORCED to put them in a locker on rides like MF and TTD?

I guess MF would really be the ONLY ride that it wouldn't be possible to hand off a cup or something to a non-rider. It seems that it's possible to do it on TTD, but MF might be difficult.

Is that the case?

Thanks again to everyone who has actually answered the question!

--Robb

I was at Cedar Point last week, Maverick does have bins in the station that are the same color for the train that you are riding in that you can put souvenirs, bags and cups in. The only 2 rides that you have to get lockers are for Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. The small lockers cost $1 and the bigger lockers cost $2

^^^ I think it all depends on the person that's sitting at the entrance. I wear glasses, and when I ride I put them in my cargo pocket. Sometimes they will ask me if I have a place to put them, and I show them my pocket, and other times they won't say anything and just stare at me as I walk by.

Yeah, lol, MF is a little hard because you have to actually throw it over the track to the on-ride photo area. I have, however, seen it done.

Can you bring them "IN LINE WITH YOU" or are you FORCED to put them in a locker on rides like MF and TTD?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what kind of mood the employee is in.

I was turned away from MF once because I had a small camera pouch attached to my belt. Even though it was physically connected to my belt the op made me get a locker. They will sometimes tell you that only official fanny packs are allowed in line.

It really does change from employee to employee and day to day.

It really does change from employee to employee and day to day.

That is pretty much it.

As for TTD and MF, I would plan on leaving ALL things behind. While it may be possible to pass them to someone else it is not very practical. Most of the time the person at the entrance isn't going to let you through with anything too big to put in your pocket.

Occasionally (like many here have said) you will get through with something, but it is not the norm in my experiences.

We were there last week. If you can't secure an item in a cargo pocket or waist pack, you can not take it in line for MF or TTD. There are lockers right by the entrance to both rides which are pay as you play. In other words, pay every time you use them. There are bins on the exit side of the platform for other coasters to leave stuff in. You must also have a strap for glasses on TTD, Mav, Skyhawk, WT, maXair and PT.

As far as the big plastic cups, I would say you would not be allowed to take them in line for MF and TTD. They really seem to watch more closely on TTD than MF.

Yeah, as of a few weeks ago, they are really inconsistent, but if you are firm and persuasive they will allow cups in all lines except MF and TTD (we had ours from PKI earlier in the week-they honored these). I say TTD because it was iffy as to whether you could bring the cups in line or not. No employees seemed to be clear on what was okay as far as cups go.

We rode TTD twice, and once we had a new employee who had been given instructions a few seconds prior to us walking up to be "very strict" and the other time we had a lax employee. We got through with the cups once and were stopped once. When we got to the station, we passed them over the railing to my mom, who wasn't riding.

Maverick has two train slots, but load and unload happen simultaneously. It's a lot like SheiKra's load system.

They'll allow smaller loose articles (hats, glasses, keys, etc.) if you have a cargo pocket. That said, good luck getting a souveneir cup into a cargo pocket. I'd advise people going on the trip to buy the cups only if they're going to drink a TON, because they'll have to figure in locker fees ($1?2? don't remember how much it was) each time they ride MF or TTD, thus significantly lowering the discount gained by getting those cups.

Hope that helped...

We were there last week. If you can't secure an item in a cargo pocket or waist pack, you can not take it in line for MF or TTD.

So waist packs are allowed on every ride?

Yeah, I used to wear one. This was the first year I wore cargo shorts.

PKI was fine with it on most every ride.

On Italian Job (separate load/unload), they made my dad wear his backpack on his chest, but it was no big deal.

The only other coaster with separate load/unload is Flight of Fear, and they have a special area to drop bags so they can be picked up from the unload station. Just ask an attendant and they'll point it out to you.

Every other ride at PKI has provisions for loose articles

As many have said, the only rides that you'll have problems with are TTD and MF. Every other ride has bins to put your belongings in. You may be able to bring your cups in line with you if you get the right employee but it would be difficult and a hastle to try to find a way to place it with a non-rider once in/by the station. The employees this year seem to be more relaxed about the loose article rules than previous years. In the past, I was always told not to wear my glasses on MF, yet this year I haven't been told once to please remove them at all.

We were there last week. If you can't secure an item in a cargo pocket or waist pack, you can not take it in line for MF or TTD.

I wore one on every ride except maXair, Skyhawk and PT, but I always take it off on those rides so I don't know if they allow them or not.

The cup they gave out for Coastermania were 12 or 16 oz plastic cups not the big souvie cups. My husband just stuck it in a cargo pocket and was never asked to remove it.

No problems at KI either. We were there last month and again I wore a waist pack on everything except Delirium (because I always take it off for it).

KI is a little more lax than CP. I've seen people take their backpacks, purses and bags on some of the rides before. Heck I've even taken a packed swim bag for the water park on Racer before without a glance. Just put my leg through the strap, tucked the bag behind my legs and the ops didn't say a thing.

I have a friend that puts his souvie cup in the same place (behind the guardrail across from the entrance to TTD) every time he rides so he knows where it is and it's always there when he goes back to get it. Hiding places around MF are little harder to find though.

That's not the experience I had. In 2005 I was told I couldn't wear a waist pack on TTD. Jer was wearing glasses and they told him he'd have to put them in a locker, we showed the ride op that we both had button/zipper cargo pockets and he said we had to empty our pockets into a locker. Judging by the other experiences mentioned here, it sounds like we just got a very strict op. We didn't have this problem with Millenium Force or any other rides.

Last year, I was also told I couldn't wear a waist pack on any of the Holiday World coasters. I know that has nothing to do with this topic, but I think you guys are going to Holiday World on your trip.

Wes, at PKI I wore a waist pack on every ride and had no problems.

Last year, I was also told I couldn't wear a waist pack on any of the Holiday World coasters. I know that has nothing to do with this topic, but I think you guys are going to Holiday World on your trip.

That's good to know actually. I'm one of those people who will wear jeans even if it's 8000 degrees out, so I prefer to keep my crap in a waist pack. I bought cargo shorts specifically for the parks that are bag nazis, but I'd like to wear jeans if I can. CP and HW will be cargos for sure.

That's not the experience I had. In 2005 I was told I couldn't wear a waist pack on TTD. Jer was wearing glasses and they told him he'd have to put them in a locker, we showed the ride op that we both had button/zipper cargo pockets and he said we had to empty our pockets into a locker. Judging by the other experiences mentioned here, it sounds like we just got a very strict op. We didn't have this problem with Millenium Force or any other rides.

Wes, at PKI I wore a waist pack on every ride and had no problems.

That's funny, I've worn a waist pack on TTD since the year it opened. Never had a problem and we go at least 3 times a year, so we get different ops and have ridden it a lot. Some ops get a little over-zealous sometimes.

No waist packs at HW was a new rule last year. They still allow nothing, not even in secured cargo pockets, but again, some ops are a little more strict than others. An op on Raven told a friend of mine to remove a piece of fudge from a ZIPPERED pocket, this after riding Legend and Voyage multiple times with it in the zippered pocket.