TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video - Xcelerator 100mph launch???

Yeah, the people at Xcelerator quite often staple me. But, when they don't there is lots of crazy airtime to be had! However, out of the seven rides I had on it Thursday (I know, I'm a loser), on six of the rides, they stapled me. It's very uncomfortable and I have no idea why they still do it.

Brent "also got stapled on Supreme Scream!" Shenton

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to. Think about it. If a train was launched, and a split second later a computer/mechanic malfunction and for some strange reason the ride accelerates more than it should, the ride has to be safe. They don't want dead patrons on their hands!

There is no way for the computer to "accidentally" ramp up the launch.

The speeds they were testing Xcelerator at would have been fatal. All they were doing was testing what the hydraulic motor could do.

Yeah, the people at Xcelerator quite often staple me. But, when they don't there is lots of crazy airtime to be had! However, out of the seven rides I had on it Thursday (I know, I'm a loser), on six of the rides, they stapled me. It's very uncomfortable and I have no idea why they still do it.

Brent "also got stapled on Supreme Scream!" Shenton

I don't remember Supreme Scream having a lapbar...if not, how do they "staple" you with should harnesses - any answers?

I think I'm going to make that grunting sound that Sandor made whenever I get stapled now.

I did a little reading about why negative-g forces are more dangerous than positive-g forces. Essentially, negative-g forces push blood into the head, and can cause blood vessels inside the cranium to rupture. Intracranial bleeding is obviously very bad.

Brent "also got stapled on Supreme Scream!" Shenton =)

TBH, I prefer being stabled on S&S Towers. I know, I'm a baby... get over it.

But wow, I thought the 82 MPH launch pushed the limits of the launch motor!