TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video - Xcelerator 100mph launch???

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!! What is *HILARIOUS* is Sandor yelling when he got stapled about 3/4 through that video. That's typical Knott's for for you!

That thing does FLY over the tophat at 100MPH, though. Wow.

--Robb

Who's gonna ask Knott's for the 1st 6 g ride..

I recon "Stealth" can go over 100, it does 0-80 in 1.9 sec.

Not 6 positive Gs, 6 NEGATIVE Gs. The human body can withstand 6 Gs, although that is were people will be blacking out. The body can not take as many negative Gs as it can positive Gs. -6 Gs would surely be deadly, and at even -2 Gs would be highly uncomfortable. Even S:ROS SFNE and El Toro pull less then -1.5 Gs.

OMG!!!! What is *HILARIOUS* is Sandor yelling when he got stapled about 3/4 through that video. That's typical Knott's for for you!

They no longer staple you. And you also got to remember the Perilous Plunge accident that happen not long before this video was shot. So Knotts in the video was just being safe.

That looks so cool. Even though they are only testing it at 100mph doesn't that mean more stress on the track, train, and launch motor?

Yes, but steel is alot more resiliant then wood, when steel coasters get slowed down/trimmed it is probably because the ride is too intense, not because the ride is tearing itself apart like a woodie would be trimmed for. And the launch motor was probably designed to launch that fast because the ride was a prototype that needed to test the technoogy to see how it worked before scaling the concept up for Dragster.

Also, speaking of Dragster, does anyone any pictures or info on the original layout for Dragster that would have had an overbank and airtime hills running along Millennium Island?

They no longer staple you. And you also got to remember the Perilous Plunge accident that happen not long before this video was shot. So Knotts in the video was just being safe.

Really? Read like 5 or 6 posts up:

I can't believe it, but they REALLY stapled me yesterday. I twas so bad, I could barely breath.

During my last visit in December 2006 I also go stapled quite badly.

--Robb "So what were you saying abotu them not stapling people?" Alvey

^One person not being stapled does not become the norm, even if you are there "often". Quite honestly, there are so many factors into it (who the op is, how high the bar is, etc), that you may just get lucky. Your experience does not egual everyone else's.

I honestly think their reasoning for stabling certain people are probably really simple.... My last like 2 or 3 visits I haven't been but I'm also 6'4" and weigh 180..... I'm tall and skinny so the bar comes done to that certain level that I'm not going to come out, but their is still room. Personally I don't care about getting stapled on it, the airtime is so good that personally the bar does not bother me, but i'm just old fashioned and beleive that most of the time the park does what is in the customers best interest. not all the time, but a good deal of the time.

I recon "Stealth" can go over 100, it does 0-80 in 1.9 sec.

I'm sure the launch is capable of well over 100mph.

Doesn't mean you'd actually survive it though.

You would have to. Think about it. If a train was launched, and a split second later a computer/mechanic malfunction and for some strange reason the ride accelerates more than it should, the ride has to be safe. They don't want dead patrons on their hands!