TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City/Celebration City ??

How much time is needed to see both of these parks???

I'm going to these parks in early August/Late July was wondering how much time to spend and what to do at these parks other than PowderKeg/Wildfire, so any info on either park would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Cameron's TR that he just posted where he goes to both of these parks.

If it's not busy and you're interested in just rides you can do both in one day. However SDC is one of the nicest parks in the country and I could easily spend a relaxing day and a half there.

While Celebration City can easily be done in a few hours (depending on whether or not you want to see the shows or stay around for the laser/fireworks show at 9:30), Silver Dollar City is worth taking the extra time to enjoy.

Currently the Kids Festival is going on and there are some decent shows that are appearing that you might want to check out. You mentioned that you liked Dollywood, if that is the case you will love Silver Dollar City as it makes Dollywood look pale in comparison. The themeing is more immersive and complete than in Dollywood and there are a lot of "little things" that you will enjoy discovering hidden around the park -- much more so than Dollywood.

I do highly recommend NOT GOING on a weekend to SDC though. According to the PR staff there they have been having record weekend attendances again this year and believe they will blow their projections for attendance this year out of the water again.

Your going to need at least a full day just at SDC to fully soak everything in, but two days or more is well worth it as well. CC only takes a few hours to do everything, but there are ways you can spread out your time there.

You'll find that while SDC and DW are definitely sister parks, they are very different in many regards. SDC has a charm that you'll fall in love with immediately, and novelties abound everywhere you look. Sometimes I like to take some time between rides and just wander around the park and see what I can discover.

The cave tour is well worth the time taken away from riding, you'll find the entrance to it inside the building you pass through before hitting the main square. Also, if you like quaint things, you might want to stop by the replica 1880's ozark buildings, complete with a school and functional church. Lastly, make sure you pick up a few things of their homemade apple butter and similar spreads, you can't get stuff like that anywhere else.