TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2008 Trips - We need your help!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ what do you think an guestimate of the price would be.

I really have no idea....but if I had to "guess" I'd say $6,000 INCLUDING airfare in between all the destinations. YOU would be responsible to get from your home location to LAX and from Orlando back home.

But again, that's a VERY rough estimate and it may change based on when we go, etc.

--Robb

I do understand that that's a guess and that obviously none of this is worked out yet, but if I had asked you to guess, I would have expected your estimate to be almost twice that, so that is a REALLY pleasant surprise to see, even if it does end up being more expensive than that! If this ends up being 2009 I would probably be willing to sacrifice any other trips that year or the year after to do this, especially with the cruise add-on, I've been itching to get on one of those cruises ever since I saw Tommy and James's pictures from theirs last month.

Mmmmm, three weeks of Disney.

I do understand that that's a guess and that obviously none of this is worked out yet, but if I had asked you to guess, I would have expected your estimate to be almost twice that, so that is a REALLY pleasant surprise to see, even if it does end up being more expensive than that! If this ends up being 2009 I would probably be willing to sacrifice any other trips that year or the year after to do this, especially with the cruise add-on, I've been itching to get on one of those cruises ever since I saw Tommy and James's pictures from theirs last month.

Mmmmm, three weeks of Disney.

We did a VERY rough estimate at one point and were actually very surprised that the cost wasn't more. And we would try and stay in the best possible hotels. I'm guessing Grand California at Disneyland, Mira Costa at Tokyo, Disneyland Hotel in Hong Kong, Disneyland Hotel or Sequoia in Paris, Boardwalk in Florida (it's theme park related, duh!).

As for the cruise, me personally I'd rather do the 7-day cruise because IMO a 4 day cruise just isn't enough considering 2 of those days are arrival and departure. The shorter cruises just feel like as soon as you've gotten all unpacked, it's almost time to leave!

But they ARE great for a "taste" of what the cruise is like or if you're doing an organized event.

The other thing we need to decide is time of year. Obviously we don't want to go in the peak season, but we also don't want to go when many attractions will be closed.

*sigh* Much planning this trip will be!

--Robb

*sigh* Much planning this trip will be!

--Robb

Oh Jedi Master of Planning Trips, we have faith that you can do it!!!!

I think a lot of people would be interested in a trip like this and even better that it is far away, that gives us plenty of time to save the money to go!!!

All the trips look interesting to me considering I haven't been to very many parks, but as it stands right now I'm most interested in the East Coast USA and Texas trips. I'm really hoping that I can save enough money a year with college and all to go on one trip a year, maybe two if the other is a small trip.

Granted I've never been on a TPR trip before, I'm definitly looking forward to going on the East Coast, Southern US, Midwest, Texas and possibly even Europe somewhere down the line.

But as for next year, I'm going to try really really hard to get on that East Coast trip. And depending on where my finals fall next spring, I might also try to get on that Texas trip as well.

^Honestly, I think a lot of people and the media are making the passport thing out to be more of a deal than it really is, and I can't figure out why!?!?

I was really concerned about ketting KT's passport, but using the expedited service (about $80 more) she got it in 3.5 weeks!

We're already working on planning a budget to save for Disney around the world.

We've been on 2 DCL cruises. We did the 3-night in 2003, and the 4-night this past January. The 3-night was definitely too short, but the 4-night wasn't bad. We spent 3 nights at WDW first, and it made for a great vacation.

Hey Robb and Elissa, any idea if Texas would be earlier or later in May, or is that still up in the air?

I think I would set my plane tickets up to have an extra day no matter where the meeting point is, for in Houston or the Dallas area, I would love to catch a Rangers or Astros game. If it is going to be San Antonio, it would be fun to check out the Alamo and Riverwalk.

I'm surprised not more ppl mentioned it, but the Halloween trip was way up first on my list! I've always wanted to go to one, now I might be able to hit all of them, and hit them "hardcore TPR style!"

Second on my list was Texas, because I'd like to go to Schliterbahn (sp?) but don't think I'd ever get to Texas on my own.

Just a quick question regard Halloween trip: Would we be staying at an on-site hotel or off-site somewhere? Just wondering.

G "Spookbaby at heart" Money

I am most likely in for the Europe tour (as I have been saving up for two years now). I am also considering the Florida Halloween Tour (partially because I have passes to the majority of the parks you would visit) and the Disney Around the World Tour (that is a dream of mine).

G, schlitterbahn is a pretty decent park that is the anthethsis of a concrete behomeths like Typhoon Lagoon. It has plenty of texas hill country natural beauty, in both nature and the ladies as well.

Nice! I definitely love the Texas "hill" country...!

G "Quagmire, isn't there suppose to be an 'o' in country?" Money

I'm also thoroughly interested in the Florida Halloween Trip! My boyfriend and I love Halloween events!!!

R&E, is there a possibility that some of these trips will be repeated in future years?

If we can't make a certain trip in 2008, will you plan a similar trip again?

I am also considering the California trip now if it happens to be during Rowan's Spring break. ( no idea when that is though yet). But a serious concern is, that if you (Rob and most other TPR members) are from South California, wouldn't everyone just be bored and want to leave? Especially at SFMM, since I remember in another topic how Rob A. told that he went to SFMM, rode the "big" coasters asked if anyone wanted to ride anything else? No one wanted to and left.

For the domestic trips I'd say the average age is young 20's, the international trips it's probably more like late 20's. On all of our trips we've had ranges from 16 - 65 years old!

Everyone seems to get along, make new friends, and have fun!

We match singles up based on a questionnaire for rooming and have had very few complaints.