TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Should Rosie O'Donnell host "The Price Is Right?"

Rosie O'Donnell wants to host. Bob Barker would like her to replace him. Would YOU like Rosie to replace Bob?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Rosie O'Donnell wants to host. Bob Barker would like her to replace him. Would YOU like Rosie to replace Bob?

• Yes
    • No

Like I said, if you were a black person , would it be alright to call you a ni**er?? If you are Mexican, to call you a "spick"? Or call someone a "fa**ot?

I think it's funny you censored yourself from using two racial slurs but its ok to use the word "spick".. though I personally would spell it "spic" as Hispanic doesn't have a k...

however, irony aside, let's not argue and call names. I think we are all old enough to have reached some level of maturity. As said above, this thread will be locked if this crap goes any further. Continue on with your discussion about Rosie and how much she sucks.

I didn't "censor myself" because I wasn't sure how to spell it, obviously. Also there is a difference in referencing a word and using it as an insult.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like Rosie O'Donnell. I think she has guts to speak her mind, and most of what she says about Bush, in particular, is true. Her imitation of Donald Trump was hilarious. Sometimes she sticks her foot in her mouth..but so what?

That being said, I don't think she should be the new host for The Price is Right. Actually, I don't care. I don't watch the show.

^How many politically correct people does it take to screw up a topic?

One, maybe... yes I know not use "racially insensitive" terms left and right.

Three things to mention. One, read the rules, I think Robb might have a heart attack or something the next time he says this;

Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site,

if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!

Two, the reasons why I think that word is okay to use is because 1) she is one and 2) the first amendment.

Three, politically correct people are the death of America.

I think that just about covers it...

It's not a matter of whether she is or isn't. You don't walk around speaking angrily about all those useless retarded people do you? Didn't think so. I would agree that it's a matter of respect, but more so, maturity.

Like I said, if you were a black person , would it be alright to call you a ni**er?? If you are Mexican, to call you a "spick"? Or call someone a "fa**ot?

I think it's funny you censored yourself from using two racial slurs but its ok to use the word "spick".. though I personally would spell it "spic" as Hispanic doesn't have a k...

however, irony aside, let's not argue and call names. I think we are all old enough to have reached some level of maturity. As said above, this thread will be locked if this crap goes any further. Continue on with your discussion about Rosie and how much she sucks.

I didn't "censor myself". I wasn't sure how to spell it, obviously. Also there is a difference in referencing a word and using it as an insult.

His point wasn't you're spelling, but the fact that you didn't give it that same asterisk treatment as the others, and if the asterisks weren't censoring then by all means tell us what they were doing.

^How many politically correct people does it take to screw up a topic?

One, maybe... yes I know not use "racially insensitive" terms left and right.

Three things to mention. One, read the rules, I think Robb might have a heart attack or something the next time he says this;

Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site,

if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!

Two, the reasons why I think that word is okay to use is because 1) she is one and 2) the first amendment.

Three, politically correct people are the death of America.

I think that just about covers it...

It's not a matter of whether she is or isn't. You don't walk around speaking angrily about all those useless retarded people do you? Didn't think so. I would agree that it's a matter of respect, but more so, maturity.

I didn't "censor myself". I wasn't sure how to spell it, obviously. Also there is a difference in referencing a word and using it as an insult.

His point wasn't you're spelling, but the fact that you didn't give it that same asterisk treatment as the others, and if the asterisks weren't censoring then by all means tell us what they were doing.

Man, oh, man. Pure semantics. Was it really that hard to figure out my point? Actually I must really be a racist because I didn't censor the word SPIC, huh?

Personally, I wish that they would just cancel the show now that Bob Barker has retired. I don't think anyone can adequately replace him, so I don't think they should try. They should give it a nice send off, then replace it with some crappy talk show (networks are good at doing that!)

A few months ago, I heard that John O'Hurley was one of the candidates for his replacement. While I still wish the show would just be canceled, I think John O'Hurley would actually do a decent job of it. Unlike Rosie O'Donnell, which would just turn it into a horrible trainwreck of a show.

-Julie

Man, oh, man. Pure semantics. Was it really that hard to figure out my point? Actually I must really be a racist because I didn't censor the word SPIC, huh?

Dude, you've already been banned once for your attitude and I warned you that if it flared up again, you'd be gone for good. This is your LAST warning....

Play nice.

--Robb

^ What is it that Jay (of the Silent Bob variety) would say right about now? Bickety BAM!

Anyway, back on topic, let's clarify something:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070621/ap_en_ce/people_barker_o_donnell;_ylt=AmjVGBwGbpTm95FasVK.bVRxFb8C

The first post states that Bob Barker is recommending Rosie O'Donnell as his replacement. Not entirely true. According to that link above, his remarks represent neither an endorsement of Rosie nor his desire to have her replace him. What he said was he had "no doubt" she would make a "fine host" if chosen.

But Barker told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he never meant to endorse any potential host and has no role in choosing his replacement.

"I have not been asked for my opinion, nor have I expressed one," Barker said. "I think there are several candidates who could do the show, and Rosie is certainly one of them."

CBS and FremantleMedia North America, which produces "The Price Is Right," have yet to announce Barker's successor. Among those reportedly in the running, besides O'Donnell, are Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley. O'Donnell said on her blog that she plans to meet with the "Price" representatives this week and that she "sure would" accept the job if offered.

Personally I think George Hamilton would make a GREAT host. Anyone who can make a career of looking like an alligator purse can pretty much do anything.

Dude, you've already been banned once for your attitude and I warned you that if it flared up again, you'd be gone for good. This is your LAST warning....

Play nice.

--Robb

Calling someone a "fat dyke" is playing nice?

^ uummm ok..... someone really needs to chill..

as far as the subject goes, I dont think Rosie should host it. The Price is Right and Rosie O'Donnel just donest match, like comparing an apple to a screwdriver. They just dont go together..

NOT AT ALL! We need a classic TV personality... preferably a male (no offense, females) who adds charm to the classic feel of the show. Rosie just doesn't fit the mold!

I was thinking the same thing. Not saying a female can't bring her own style to the show, a male (a well respected one) just seems like a better fit for that show.