TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your favorite new home console?

Which new home gaming console do you want the most?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which new home gaming console do you want the most?

• Revolution
    • PS3
    • XBox 360

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The revoulution, with all its capabilities, and it will be the one with the lowest price tag

if you are all wowed by specs, the PS2 is the weakest unit available today, and it has handily won this round

so if the revoulution comes out with a lower price tag, a new great mario and zelda game, nintendo could make a great comeback

^i've heard from other people the PS3 is gonna be more like four hundreed or five hundred.... hopefully your right though.

Anyway, i went with the Xbox360. I haven't heard much of it, but i saw screenshots and the graphics for the games completley OWN the PS3 and Revolution IMO.

Trev"the ps3's look just as "bleh" as the ps2's"32

Even though I wouldn't mind having either of them, The Nintendo Revolution & X-box 360 would be the consoles i'm waiting for, but i voted for the Revolution because I love Nintendo, and I think that the Rev. is going to be a great console this time around...ot that GameCube wasen't...just no as competitive.

^i've heard from other people the PS3 is gonna be more like four hundreed or five hundred.... hopefully your right though.

Anyway, i went with the Xbox360. I haven't heard much of it, but i saw screenshots and the graphics for the games completley OWN the PS3 and Revolution IMO.

Trev"the ps3's look just as "bleh" as the ps2's"32

Where did you see the screenshots? The PS3's graphics to me are AMAZING! They look closer to a DVD than any other system I've ever seen! :shock: I have not seen any Revolution graphics, though.

I still don't get what's so revolutionary about the Revolution. Nothing I've read points to nothing but a sligthly updated system with some extra gimmicks.

I'm all for the PS3. It's a literal powerhouse, it's controllers are wireless and you can connect seven without a single plug, and I will be a bit provocative here and say that the PS always gets the highest number of good games.

I still don't get what's so revolutionary about the Revolution. Nothing I've read points to nothing but a sligthly updated system with some extra gimmicks.

I'm all for the PS3. It's a literal powerhouse, it's controllers are wireless and you can connect seven without a single plug, and I will be a bit provocative here and say that the PS always gets the highest number of good games.

Playstation always gets the good games.. and xbox360 is designed to do everything( like a computer) .. so im worried that it was made for everything but games..

What exactly are the Xbox 360 and Revolution? I've heard of the Xbox 360, sorta, but not the Revolution.

Anyway, I'd have to say that I like the PS3(PSP). I did just get this one for my birthday two weeks ago and it is cool! It has awesome graphics and can play videos and movies and songs! It can even play videos from your computer! It rules! But I also pick the PSP cos I've never really heard of the other two.

I don't agree at all! The Revolution isn't just new gimmicks! Nintendo just didn't say much about it at E3! All the new controllers are wireless. THe Nintendo systems always get the best games. How can you compete with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Luigi, SSB, Link as the special character in Soul Calibur II, and all the other games only for Nintendo!?!?

I don't agree at all! The Revolution isn't just new gimmicks! Nintendo just didn't say much about it at E3! All the new controllers are wireless. THe Nintendo systems always get the best games. How can you compete with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Luigi, SSB, Link as the special character in Soul Calibur II, and all the other games only for Nintendo!?!?

I'd like you to present actual facts and actual revolutions about your console of choice before you declare it "The Best".

I'd say that Grand Theft Auto, Grand Turismo, the SSX series, Metal Gear Solid series, good 3D shooters such as Socom, and the free online service makes up for the lack of Metroid and SSB. The rest, I don't care about.

All the consoles have a set of games that is great. But I daresay the general level of quality on the PS2 is the highest. I just hope it stays that way with the PS3.

i would go for the ps3 because they have allways been the best. i dont see why anyone would want the new nintindo because the game cube wasn't that great. why is that nintindo fans?

I like the Game Cube. Plus, just because the Game Cube "wasn't that great", it doesn't mean the Revolution is going to suck. Nobody even knows what the Revolution's graphics are yet! I really don't know how anyone could want the XBox 360. The PS3 has twice the power of the Xbox 360!

I voted for PS3 which is the first system I'll get, but I might get Revolution once it has a price drop. I'm hesitant to get a new Nintendo console because I was very dissapointed with Gamecube. Some of my favorite SNES and N64 games had IMO, terrible Gamecube versions. For example, I thought Mario Kart on SNES and Mario Kart 64 were excellent games, but hated Double Dash on Gamecube (too many weapons and the game seemed like the AI was cheap). Another example was Waverace. Waverace 64 was one of my favorite N64 games but I thought the Gamecube version had horrible control and bad course design. If the Revolution games turn out to be great, then I'll get the system.

And most importantly for me, PS2 is the system for DDR (both import and US versions). Nintendo systems always get side versions of DDR like Disney Dancing Museum on N64 and Mario DDR for Gamecube (and the 5 Gameboy Color DDR games). I like being able to play ports of the DDR arcade games at home and PS2 is the only system to have the DDR games that are like the arcade versions. Considering PS1 also had over 20 DDR games, I think PS3 will also be the system for DDR.

i would go for the ps3 because they have allways been the best. i dont see why anyone would want the new nintindo because the game cube wasn't that great. why is that nintindo fans?

No they haven't, I'm am certainly no Nintendo Fanboy, but they were #1 for quite a few years.

The Revolution will be competive graphics wise, ATI, and IBM are creating the chipsets, but I'm sure its more about cost effective power, than blow you away specs.

Again, the PS2 is the weakest current generation system, the Dreamcast does stuff the PS2 cannot do, but the PS2 has the best games.

According to the presentaion from Nintendo at E3, the Revolution will be much easier to program, cutting time for game production, come with wireless controllers, and be WiFi enabled, with nintendo not charging anything to play first party games online, so online play will be free.

It is backward compatable with the Gamecube (woopie), and if you are connected you can access every nintendo game ever made for any of thier home systems and play it on the Revolution.

All that and it will cost at least $100 less that the Xbox 360 or PS3.

Some of you may be to young to remember, but there have been plenty of super high powered systems to come out over the years, and everyone of them priced over $250 has failed horribly

Now again I am not a Nintendo fanboy, I do not own a gamecube, or a 64, never bought one, and never will, but the new system has my intrest, we will see how it plays out, and I doubt anyone will be able to tell the diffrence between Xbox 360, PS3, or Revolution, cause thats the way it is now, and no one cares that PS2 grafix are not as good as Xbox

^Just so you know, the PSP is not the PS3. The PS3 comes out in 2006. So does the Revolution and XBox 360.

Ohhhh. My bad. That completley excludes me from his conversation. I've never seen any of them!

• 4 weeks later...