TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: CoasterMania '07

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty thin, and I think that ride is very smooth. The only rough spot is the brake run, but they have an op there to warn you that your gut is about to be busted.

Guys don't get all fanboyish, it's just a coaster and it's just my opinion.

I fit fine in the coaster, but the brakes were very harsh (even though I knew they were coming). There were a few other places I didn't care for.

There WERE fun parts in the ride, but it's not a ride I would go on again anytime soon. I was kinda bummed too, it's the only Schwarzkopf I've been on that didn't blow me away.

But guys, this is my OPINION. Also, If you go back to my original post I was JOKING.

Guys don't get all fanboyish, it's just a coaster and it's just my opinion.

But guys, this is my OPINION. Also, If you go back to my original post I was JOKING.

Cmon, man. I've been called a lot of things, but "fanboyish" is a first for me though. It's ok to dislike Wildcat. That's cool and the gang, 'cause it's nothing serious. You'll just burn in hell for eternity. But still, nothing serious.

Scott "Wildcat for President '08!" B.

Just kiddin' with ya, Wes.

Let the Flame Wars begin!!!

You probably know what I'm talking about though. On some sites, as soon as anybody puts down a Cedar Point/Fair coaster the flame wars begin and you are told that you must be an idiot for not rating Jr. Gemini a 10/10.

Hey great photo TR It was great to see you their and I totaly agree with you on Maverick. When I talked to you at CP I did not really care for Maverick intill we rode on the front seat. hope to see you in the future at other events on just at the parks.

Great TR.

Had a random question while we're on the topic of CP. I'm going to out there visiting family late the first few days in August, and was wondering what day Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, would have fewer people there. What kind of wait times should I anticipate if I go on the least crowded day?

Also, I was thinking of going the night before and doing the after 4 PM deal, and then doing the next full day as planned similar to what you did.... is it a better deal to just buy a season pass or pay for two days? I'm also from Orange County, so I'm thinking of getting a MAXX PASS in order to do both days, and then also be able to visit Knotts. Does anyone know if MAXX PASSES are for a full year (like a Disneyland Pass) or is it just for 2007? Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Great TR.

Also, I was thinking of going the night before and doing the after 4 PM deal, and then doing the next full day as planned similar to what you did.... is it a better deal to just buy a season pass or pay for two days? I'm also from Orange County, so I'm thinking of getting a MAXX PASS in order to do both days, and then also be able to visit Knotts. Does anyone know if MAXX PASSES are for a full year (like a Disneyland Pass) or is it just for 2007? Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

I'd say if you're just paying for yourself, and you plan on doing the Starlight hours plus the next day, and then only plan on visiting Knotts once, skip the MAXX Pass and just pay the regular rates. If you're paying online, it would seem to be a bit cheaper. I didn't look into it real close, but that just seems to be the better option. Also, if you're paying for more than one person during the Starlight hours, then go ahead and order a Cedar Point planning brochure online through their website. It's free, and I'm told it has a two-for-one coupon for starlight tickets.

I can't tell you exactly what to expect for the days you'll be there, but we found the Starlight hours option on a Thursday to work out really well. Hope that helps out a bit.

Awesome TR. I haven't been to CP since the year before TTD opened, but MF rocks my world. We rode it 32 times in 4 days (can you say wind burn!).

Glad you shared what the "execs" have to say about the Cedar Fair Parks. I live in Charlotte, NC where Carowinds is and now that Cedar Fair owns it, I am hoping they make it a rockin park (currently only has 3 main coasters worth anything...).

Thank you for the great pictures, humor and TR!

• 4 weeks later...