TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: CoasterMania '07

Why the hate for Iron Dragon? Especially the person who said it was the worst coaster they have ever been on? Give me a break.

It isn't meant to be very thrilling, but I thought it was fun, and made for those intimidated by CPs bigger rides.

I thought Disaster Transport was good too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Gizmo said above,

Hahaha. Thanks for selecting my new Avatar for me. It was time to retire creepy latino guy (who probably jumps line at Six Flags).

LMAO! I can't believe you caught that typo! I think it was up all of like 2 minutes!!!

As Ginzo said above, it was an "inside joke" based from another thread. If you don't read the forums that much, you probably won't get it. And if you DO read the forums, and are still offended, please see our disclaimer below.

--Robb "I'm going to instantly SQUASH any complaining about this subject because it's a joke. Chill out people and DEAL WITH IT!" Alvey

Yeah guys, it was just a simple comedic jab at this thread. No harm meant. I still love ya'll. Even the jews.

Okay, with that out of the way, I'll try to tackle as many comments as I can.

Great Siouxsie Sue reference!
Thanks. Glad someone caught it! I was disappointed no one mentioned the Big Lebowski one in the Epcot TR.

You have my blessing for random sig moves after reading this. Kickass.
Rock on!

Was your ride on Mean Streak pretty bad then?
Ask my chiropractor.

My count is still at ZERO!
You were there in spirit! Keep the faith, my friend. Keep the faith! Oh, and the background looks great.

There will definitely NOT be any B&M flyer at CP, ever.
That is a pretty harsh statement.
Yeah, I thought so too. To paraphrase Kinzel, he said they had the opportunity to ride a competitor's flyer (evidently suggesting B&M, since they own Firehawk?), and thought is was incredibly uncomfortable and impractical. I'd bet the house you never see one at Cedar Point.

A dive machine is not out of the question.
....but why?
Why would it not be out of the question, or why would they think dive machine in the first place? Not sure what you meant there, Ted.

The topic of future coasters was mentioned, and someone suggested how great Griffon was. I'm not sure who answered, but they mentioned that everyone on the panel actually really appreciates the input they receive from the enthusiast community as to what's hot elsewhere in themeparkland. It's been a few days now, and I'm not sure the direct quote, but the idea of a dive machine seemed to be taken with a hint of optimism, at least from my viewpoint of the panelists.

That's not to say it's on the drawing board as we speak, but it just seemed that the idea wasn't shot down immediately like thought of good wood. Of course, it's all simply speculation. Nothing more, nothing less. In fact, I'd put more stock in that long awaited dark ride before any new coaster arrived.

And one other sidenote to those who continue to feel they are landlocked. When the topic was brought up, Kinzel simply said something to the effect that they always have a trick up their sleeve.

And speaking of the dark ride idea, it was applauded by what seemed to be a majority of the crowd. I'd lean towards the fact that they own the rights to Snoopy, Scooby, etc. if you're searching for a possible theme.

personally, I keep my eye on the Methodists.

This could have a whole other meaning.....
Only you'd catch that Matt. Only you.

And to the many other compliments....thank you very much. I really appreciate it!

Where would they have room for another major coaster anyways.

If I was a gambler, I would put money on them tearing out the water park within the next 10 years to make room for more rides.

Why?

~How many people go to CP to go to Soak City?

~When was the last time it got a new ride?

~They just built Castaway Bay

Good to hear MS might be getting some attention, but even if GCI retracks it, it still wont have a good layout. What good is a smooth coaster if it's boring as he11?

Great photos and great report, it is making me even more excited for when I go this Friday. I was laughing at all of those jokes you made, even if you did put Latinos and Mexicans on the same list.

I normally don't post here, but just because of the fact that you're from Dalton, GA (I'm from Ooltewah, TN), love Albino Squirrels (my ultimate frisbee team is named the Albino Squirrels), and wrote an awesome Cedar Point TR (I was there, like two weeks ago), so it was just to many coincidences not to post.

Nice TR

Howdy neighbor! Sorry I missed this the first time around. Your ultimate frisbee team is actually named the Albino Squirrels? That's hilarious!! Hersheypark would be proud.

There should be a state law that declares you be responsible for all future Photo TR captions.

Hilarious TR. I laughed, I cried, I blew my nose.

Thanks. I love this line!

You are truly a master of the artform that is the TR. More TRs soon I hope!
Thank you. I took notes and learned from some of the best.

As far as more TRs soon, well, we're hoping so. We're always accepting donations for the "help Mr. and Mrs. Beemer travel and document it with big TRs fund." A donation in someone's name also makes a great gift....much like the Human Fund ( I know gmoney will appreciate that one.)

I rarely post on here but I always check out the TR and such. After seeing yours I just had to post and say that was an awesome TR. The thing I liked the most is that you are a Wildcat fan just like me! When I saw your picture of it and it said "hi Joe" on it it made me feel special, even though I know it wasn't towards me still makes me feel special.

Great TR! I laughed at quite a few captions, which is something I don't normally do. The napkin with the line jumpers was probably my favourite part, but I really liked the trash can through a trash can.

Excellent work

Hey maybe if we're ever in your neck of the woods we can hang out and create some double-teamed kooky TRs. Now that would be swank!

Where would they have room for another major coaster anyways.

Why do people always act as if CP is filled up- look at Blackpool- they have only five fewer coasters yet they are about 25% the size of CP. CP just needs to get creative to add more coasters instead of just clear-cutting everything out to put in something new. IMHO both Raptor and Mav would be so much cooler if they wound around the log flumes which they replaced...

Easily the best TR I've read at TPR. So, many great jokes to go with the great pics. Other than the list of linejumpers my personal favorites were the lines about

"...even the park benches own Mean Streak!"

and the one about Draggin' Iron being the official monorail of CP!

Great stuff!

Oh boy, this was funny...and controversial. B-Boy, you could possibly be the Rosie O'Donnell of TPR! Way to keep things edgy, I love it!

You are the Master! Teach me...!

G "still searching for front page worthy material" Money

After the Epcot TR, your reports are on my automatic must-read list. Loved this one too, and I'm not even a coaster fanatic!

LOVED the line jumper list. LMAO.

Too many other great bits to mention. Excellent job! (insert signature move here)

Hey really great Photo TR, there I was scrolling through, and I came across the photo with the cop in! this caught my attention! then the next pic, the line jumpers list, well I just fell about as it was so unexpected, really really funny and a great report. Well done great stuff!

BeemerBoy you are officially banned from TPR for liking Wildcat.

I finally got that credit on Friday and it beat me to death in certain places (on the ride, not my body). You can have the thing.

I don't know why I didn't see you. It's not like there were 3000 people in line for Maverick ERT (which is why we sat on Millennium).

Love the TR. I'll post mine soon. I'm just now back at work.

^ Aww, cmon. No love for Wildcat? I've got it ranked only behind Mav, Raptor, MF, and TTD. The drops are just absolutely fun, Fun, FUN (if I may quote Cam), and the helix is awesome too. In fact, for its age, this thing is remarkably smooth. Cmon, I know Ginzo and Wildcatjoe31 are with me on this one at least. Midwest trippers, I hope you feel the same!

Yeah, I heard there were around 1700 enthusiasts there, and I'm surprised we didn't see each other at least once during the event.

Great TR!

Hey maybe if we're ever in your neck of the woods we can hang out and create some double-teamed kooky TRs. Now that would be swank!

Thanks, man. Yeah, we're definitely up for hangin' out if you guys make it down this way. Together, our TRs would create an indestructible force capable of ruling the universe....or something like that.

Oh boy, this was funny...and controversial. B-Boy, you could possibly be the Rosie O'Donnell of TPR! Way to keep things edgy, I love it!

You are the Master! Teach me...!

Oh no, please not Rosie! Anybody but her. I'll even take Imus, or O'Reilly...and I can't stand them either.

Your teaching begins next week at the Dagobah system. Be taught well, you shall.

HAHAHAHA! This is a great P:TR! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to go to Cedar Point on the Midwest trip! It will be my first time! I will be peeing my pants!

Chuck "42 days left!" Garcia

Thanks Chuck. While we were at the petting zoo, I was able to gather some valuable infomation that may be of great importance to you.....

Oh, and a Huge thanks to all the other great compliments posted!

IMG_3096.jpg.828eebe73816d5a6b6993c168ee47dc3.jpg

"Chuck, you didn't hear this from me, alright? Good. Word has it that the seagull mafia over by Wicked Twister has gotten wind of your visit on the Midwest Trip. I don't wanna say too much, but I've heard they already have attack plans rehearsed, in the event you should buy a frozen treat! Again, you heard nothing. I can't risk being shipped off to Michigan's Adventure if I'm caught. Godspeed."

BeemerBoy you are officially banned from TPR for liking Wildcat.

I finally got that credit on Friday and it beat me to death in certain places (on the ride, not my body). You can have the thing.

Did you not fit into the car very well? I'm pretty thin, and I think that ride is very smooth. The only rough spot is the brake run, but they have an op there to warn you that your gut is about to be busted.

The drops on Wildcat are insane. It's like driving a truck off a cliff.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! LMAO! SHUT UR FACE!!!! That is the funniest thing I have seen in FOR-EV-ERRRRRR! I am seriously CRYING!!!! That absolutely, was the best ending to a tough day! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I owe you a beer....or another frosty beverage!

chuck "prepping for seagull anihilation!" garcia