TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vekoma Ride.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a lot of good rides on Face/Off, but after riding it 3 times in a row in the front seat, my stomach hurt.

Rock 'n Rollercoaster was really cool and smooth..

BORG Assimalator was kinda rattly this year, but far from rough.

Firehawk is smooooooth!

For the Vekomas I have been on (Darien Lake's Boomerang, Hersheypark's Sidewinder, The Great Escape's Boomerang, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Darien Lake's Mind Eraser) all but Mind Eraser are smooth, and even Mind Eraser isn't that bad.

But you've gotta remember, T2 was a prototype SLC, it is old (from what Ive heard) badly maintained, and doesn't use the new trains with improved bogies.

I don't know anything about improved trains. I just know that the three SLCs I've been on are about the worst coasters out there. They all made me scream in pain.

I just rode my first SLC at Geauga Lake (Thunderhawk) and was quite surprised. I expected a torturous ride, and I found it to be completely comfortable. We rode in the front, and had no head-bashing or any other pain inducement. We rode it 3 times total, and each time was laugh filled, fun and pain free. I don't know why everyone complains about it.

Well I have ridden on Hangman and Boomerang at Wild Adventures. To me Hangman's a great ride and for the most part pretty smooth. I had no issues with Boomerang either. The same for DejaVu at Six Flags over Georiga. But the only coaster where I had my first "head banging" experience was the Ninja, front row....any change in direction was bumpy and painful....

I've been on tree Vekoma's.

Two Face (SFA)-Its a pretty decent ride just slightly rough.

Mind Eraser (SFA)-Thats a rough ride. Pretty brutal, and call me crazy but I still like that ride.

Rock N' Roller Coaster-Smooth and fun.

I know Rock'n'Roller Coaster had a fairly smooth ride. When I worked there I became so numb to it that it was easily a "sleeper" for me from doing ride threws so often. Granted it's been about a year since I've ridden it but considering how much those mechanics baby it and how much WDW overpaid for that ride I can't see it getting to rough.

"is there any vekoma ride that's not rough?"

As Brent said, you're relatively safe if you stick with this:

[Rollerskater pic]

Those are as rough as any other Vekoma.

It's just that the slow speed and the lapbars make you think otherwise.

Park maintenance and rain help alot too.

An SLC, right after a refurbishment and a rain shower is a whole different ride.

Oh, I forgot Okeechobee Rampage, Flying Unicorn and Swamp Thing. Once again, all of them are smooth except for Swamp Thing, and Okeechobee Rampage has some good forces, a great family coaster. The only complaint I have for Swamp Thing is that it is basically an Okeechobee Rampage clone, except it is an Inverted Coaster. (The trains are pretty bad, also)

In my experience, the Disney-komas are pretty smooth. The kiddy rides are kinda give and take. The worst I've been on (also the worst coaster I've ever been on period) is Shamu Express at Sea World Orlando. Not only was the ride extremely rough, the cars are not designed for adults and the fin that sticks up on the seat may have killed my ability to have children

Demon at Wonderland Sydney (Boomerang) not that rough and enjoyed it a lot.

Lethal Weapon at Warner Bros. Movie World Australia (SLC) Depends on the time of the year, last time was not too rough and I re-rode. Time before that it was painful and only ride it once.

Road Runner at WBMW Aust. (Junior) and Rugrats Runaway Reptar at Dreamworld Australia (Suspended Family) were both very smooth. Completely bust the myth of all Vekomas being rough.