TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vekoma Ride.

i just went to Siam Park in Thailand today. they've operated Vekoma SLC that bought from Brunei since last friday. i just got a chance to ride it today. it was rough...those restraint hurt my shoulder when the train came to sidewinder part. i've ridden Vekoma before...the suspended coaster at dreamworld. it wasn't smooth though. so, i want to know is there any coaster that made by vekoma that 's really smooth. because i saw many people complaint about this. and it would be really good if someone could tell me why Vekoma coaster is always rough.

Image(664).jpg.5ce4e7c18bb7f63c7dbb36007ee6a2a5.jpg

here's photo. i'm sorry about quality. i used my camera phone to take a picture.

Image(666).jpg.a134d3395e68ed792906a9be14edc27e.jpg

the train.

Image(665).jpg.1fd0e8eef3348f9ce07962ec9f6f0153.jpg

another shot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuntfall at Parque Warner Madrid

Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand

Big Thunder Mountain at DLR Paris

Kwasten at Grona Lund

Vogel Rok at Efteling

Robin Hood at Walibi world

Cobra at Power Park

Temple of the Night Hawk at phantasialand

Vekoma's e-motion coaster at Linanmaki

Kwasten at Grona Lund

All smooth, or at least they don't hurt. Vekoma does make brilliant rides. The bashing of Vekoma on this website for them being so rough is not entirely justified.

It's just that their old loopers and SLC's ruin their reputation. It seems that they finally saw the light, because their newer rides really are very smooth. Kwasten at Grona Lund (Stockholm, Sweden), a suspended family coaster, is the smoothest ride I've been on. It's even smoother then B&M coasters.

It's mostly just the boomerangs and SLC's that are painful to ride... There's just so many of them compared to their custom rides and Disney projects that it makes about two thirds of their coasters rough and painful.

I really wish Vekoma would get more requests for new trains on their SLCs as I really like the layout and it's a fun ride but sometimes they're just unbearable.

It's mostly just the boomerangs and SLC's that are painful to ride... There's just so many of them compared to their custom rides and Disney projects that it makes about two thirds of their coasters rough and painful.

I really wish Vekoma would get more requests for new trains on their SLCs as I really like the layout and it's a fun ride but sometimes they're just unbearable.

so, they're gonna operate boomerang around next month. i have to prepare myself for painful? and compair boomerang and SLC which one is more fun?

The only ones i've been on that are terrible are the SLC's. I've been on three and they are the worst steel coasters ever. Hershey's Boomerang is pretty rough too, I think the Arrow trains have something to do with it.

Darien Lake's Boomerang, which uses the newer trains, on the other hand, is actually smooth-ish. I had no probleortm on Batwing or Rockin' Roller Coaster at WDW.

Two - Face at SFA Is usually smooth. A little jerk here and there in the cobra roll but nothing worth giving a headache.

Batwing at SFA is smooth for the most part. The loop has to be the worst, the vibrations make your spine hurt pretty bad but the rest of the ride is smooth.

Then theres Mind Eraser at SFA which is horribly rough. It all depends on the model I guess.

I found the Giant Inverted Boomerangs I've been on and Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand to be pretty smooth.

As for the Boomerangs - considering that you drop straight down, go through a cobra roll, a loop, straight up and then all backwards again a little roughness is acceptable for me. I don't expect a ride like that to be perfectly smooth.

I have never had a bad ride on a Vekoma, and I actually find Lake Compounce's boomerang to be glass in the front of the train. Really forceful, too.

Any new or well maintained vekoma is smooth. It is the old ones that are rough because the track has gotten dented over the years do to a track design flaw. (Well it isn't really a "flaw" but it does make the ride get rough faster than a badly maintained B&M Would)

I believe I could be wrong but all the discomfort and pain is due to the way the boggies are constructed. There is enough of a gap between the top and bottom wheels to fit the track and then some. So and you are going up a loop you are on the top wheels, but as you approach the top of the loop the car will transition to the other set of wheels. While this may be a small distance it is still transfered to the body through the car assembly.

Vekoma is not that bad, they just made some bad design choices with there wheels. Face-Off was awesome and I enjoyed the whole ride and did not feel that it was rough, but Firehawk sucks. You can watch when the cars spin the top or the bottom wheels and you can really feel it.

Remember this, at least it ain't Arrow, those guys for the most part put pain in my rollercoaster existance.