TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Troy Videos - Toverland's new GCI Woodie!

Great to see this beauty testing. Last week I had my first GCI experience on Thunderbird at Power Park, Finland. That coaster was so well designed, so fast, it sounded wonderful and the pace in which the turns and hills followed each other up was magnificent.

Can't wait to ride Troy on the 8th of july.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least yours wasn't some "Blair Witch" style thing where you couldn't see the track!

--Robb

LOL very funny! I remember the film when she runs in the forest screaming!

I like very much this video, for the moment it's the best testing video I've seen! I also love the noise that makes the train: it looks like the sound of an army plane!

It appears this coaster is going to be a marvel considering how fast it is going without weight in the train! I am not familiar with the specs of this monster- but it appears to fly through the station at some point during its curcuit which would make it pretty original in its design. Whatever the case may be- it seems this one is going to be a real "weenie shrinker" when it officially debuts!

I love it, I love it, I love it

This park is only a 100 mile drive for me, I haven't been there yet cause boosterbike didn't interest me that much, but after seeing the video of this baby I will definitely make a trip there this summer.

"vliegende hollander" eat you heart out, troy will be the best new ride this year in the netherlands!

Holy Crap...Why does it look so much taller than all the other CCI coasters? Yet its only 100 feet. Hmm maybe im just weird.

It is actually GCI's tallest to date at about 110 feet tall.

And to respond to philobat, GCI's Thunderhead also flies through the station, but it is still a pretty unique (and awesome) element.

Awesome videos posted, by the way. I can't wait to go and ride this. I'm pretty jealous of everyone that is heading that way soon.

Jups! I had the unique opportunity to ride it along with most of the GCI crew and the "important" people of Toverland! Thanks allot you guys of GCI to let me ride it!

Well, i just typed out my ride experience in dutch and that's a pretty long story, but i can make it short for you guys:

THe drop is awsome! And the 70 degree turn is just a killer front seat! After the station fly through the ride is just amazingly good! Damn, the track switches al just, unbelievable!

GCI has done a verry verry verry good on this coaster and it will end up high in the top list of the worlds best coasters! It is for me!

I was a bit bored tonight so I’ve translated the dutch text of coasterchi of tp.nl.

Excuse me for translation mistakes, my English is not perfect, but it beats the hell out of translation engines Dutch English.

Translation

---

Now, a complete story from the beginning to the end. I was there just to watch the test rides together with a pall (Anton). Only, when the third ride started there were people in the train! So I started to get really excited ... Anton had to leave so i drove off to the building site and ran to the station. For one of other reason I was almost immediately pulled in the train, and then ... suddenly ... I was all alone backseat on Troy in a few minutes.

"Attention, trains moving" sounded and <>, the brakes moved. Riding, riding on the track, damn, that thing already has a huge speed! <>, very smooth on the lift hill and up. What a view, really incredible. Almost upstairs, hands up and <>, there you are pulled over the top. Not like EGF, but very good, there is no doubt about that. Then the 70 degrees turn. You don't really get the idea that you are so banked, but damn, that thing goes hard! Then you go up trough the horseshoe where you get a little airtime bump before you are launched in the turn. Super! The trip down, you are pulled very well down in the backseat and then trough the switch, witch gives a very good head shopper feeling. Damn again!

Then into the turnaround in witch you get a good speed and then backseat pulled trough to the little airtime hill, that is taken at a huge speed. Then it is time for the big camelback with airtime and <> into the turn towards the fly trough. This is a fun part. The flytrough makes no added value to the track, but it is really cool to look at from inside the station!

After the flythrough the rides begins to get a true killer! The little dip after the flythrough is really cool. And after that part there are a lot of very quick track changes after each other. At a really high speed you are thrown from the left to the right, and back again … and back again ... After this follows the last drop before the helix! That part is again really cool and the final helix is a great element for this coaster! You enter the brake with a very nice speed! Damn, what a ride!

But ....... , that was only backseat! I haven't told you yet how much better the front seat is! (In my opinion)! The 70 degrees turn at the beginning is really unbelievable front seat, and same can be told about the head choppers and the piece after the flythrough. You are thrown everywhere but is truly super!

And then I haven't even spoken about the smoothness of this beast! Damn smooth! Wow, where I have to place this coaster in my top 10 list I will tell later if I’ve ridden him more. Cause at this moment I really am stunned of this super coaster of Toverland...

Damn, your gonna love that ride!

---

end of translation of coasterchi

Dude! You only got 3 words wrong translated ! Well done! Well, as you can read, that´s my opinion of the ride, written above! Man ... i´m still major excited about the ride and the smile on my face isn´t gonna dissapair from my face for a loooong time i guess! GO GO GCI!

I've got another 4 testing videos from the 18th. These are decent and from different angles. Sorry for the double-post but it was easier to upload this way.

If i have time i will upload zips for the ones who can't stream later this day

part 1 of 4

part 3 of 4

Troy Testing II Part III.wmv

Troy Testing II Part I.wmv

Troy Testing II Part III.zip

Troy Testing II Part I.zip

I must say those curves are quite sexy. I wish i could ride. I wonder how this one will compare to Renegade. I was REALLY shocked at how awsome that one was when i rode it last month. I can't wait to see a POV. Too bad Europe is not in the cards (at least for a while)

The videos posted on this page won't stream for me so I'm waiting for them to download, but from the first one... I *LOVE* the sound of that first drop. Really looks like a lot of fun, I haven't ridden all that many woodies, and the only one I rate very highly is Balder, so I'm hoping this one will join it in my top selections.