TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: My trip to Branson..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, at the "big condom" thing....

I can't wait to go to dollywood this year. I'm so excited. I was promised we were going and now Im just all pumped up and ready to roll. Nice TR by the way. Do you perchance have any Mystery Mine photos? I have fallen in love with Dollywood and SDC I wanna go ask and see if I can go to SDC too. Oh man it'd be so much fun. This was one of the most exciting photo TR's ever. Now you just have me all pumped up. Gah, I need to release this anxiety/adrenaline in me! Curse you for having such a great TR! LOL j/k!

Am I the only person that thinks that looks like a big condom?

Hahahaha - maybe in the picture, but I can assure you that it very much looks like a sock in person!

A little stupid question: Celebracion and Silver Dollard City are two different parks or they are one park?

Not a stupid question at all, sorry I didn't make it more clear. They are separate parks, but they're within five miles of each other. Celebration City typically opens later in the day (mid-afternoon) and stays open late (10pm when I was there), while Silver Dollar City opens in the morning (9am) and closes before dark. Celebration City is a ghost town until SDC closes..

The parks are both managed by the same company, and it's possible to buy multi-day park-hopping passes that are valid at both parks (and/or the water-park near by). For me it was much cheaper to buy a three-day SDC/CC park-hopper pass (even though I was only there for two days), rather than buy explicit day tickets to each park.

Cameron.

Wow, the river looked like it was up pretty high in front of the Arch. I remember walking down there as a kid and seeing a good 10 car-widths parked down there, but the river was just about to eat your car. It was really neat to see someone else's trip to the Arch. It really is a wonder of modern construction, I'm glad you liked it!

I'll second you about the Ninja. I rode it last about 4 years ago, and YOUCH!!! I remember thinking it was great when I was 9 years old, and so was the Screamin' Eagle, and the Mine Train. In fact, I thought the whole park was the greatest thing until I moved up here (I know, CP fanboy and stuff). The last time I was at SDC, they had none of the thrill rides (I was probably five), so I'll have to get back there again sometime. Great TR!!!

Great Photo TR! I absolutely love those screamin' swing rides! I went onto my first one last year when I went to Knott's and it was totally amazing! I'm actually kind of surprised that the only thing that holds you in on Mr Freeze is a lap bar but that would be a really sweet coaster to go onto!

Excellent PTR!

One of the best I've seen showing off SDC. Dollywood is probably in my Top 5 parks and I have wanted to hit SDC for the longest time. Too far from me for driving though. I'll have to fly though.

Also glad to see Six Flags St Louis get some love. I really liked that park last year when I visited for the first time. Of the 4 Six Flags i've been to, it was 2nd behind SFOG to me.

If they'd just remove the G trains on Boss and put PTCs it could be a Top 20 wooden coaster, easy.

Hey Cameron--great photo trip report!

I've been following it along as you've posted it and I've enjoyed every bit of it! Despite my obvious lack of places visited in the US, I for some reason do have my Branson credit! Went to SDC a few years back and loved it! But your TR showed me more than I realized the park had! Now I want to go back.

Anyway, thanks for the totally in-depth PTR. Gotta check these parks out more one day!

-Jahan

I don't get it! And I've always been wondering, if they can build statues, monuments and buildings that tall, WHY NOT ROLLER COASTERS?!?!? Like the St. Louis Arch is 630 feet. HELLO?? The name can be THE-MOST-AWESOMENESS-SUPER-MAGNUM-G-FORCE-MACHINE!!!!

Sounds like some crazy big condom for KING KONG!!!

OR ME!!!

hahahahaha

Yah, I love Powder Keg. It was my first coaster that was 100+ feet tall. The first drop is topped (in my small experience) only by Maverick and Millenium force. The airtime on PK is also great, but easier to feel than Maverick's, cause of the lap bars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never knew that SDC and CC looked sooo fun! My family in Missouri always told me it was quite boring, but by the looks of the photos, I don't know WHAT they are talking about. I'm taking a trip to Missouri in late August, and I'm deffinately making plans on going to those parks.

On a side note, I have a quick question for anyone really. Has anyone gone to Worlds of Fun. It's also in Missouri, and I'm planning on making a stop there, but I don't know anything about it. So if anyone has visited it, please fill me in on the info. I'd appreciate it a whole bunch!

Thanks

-Jen