TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Opens!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally believe that any "hype" was stictly in the Disney and theme park "communities". The fact that we're included in that makes it seem as if there has been a lot of hype. But to the general public--what has there been? A construction wall, a TV spot, some billboards, I got a poster with my LA Times......anything else?

They've been playing those commercials all the time. The ad campaign seems to be on par with their Tower of Terror & Space Mountain Returns campaign. But is the ride on par with those attractions? Or is it more on par with Buzz, Monsters, and Pooh?

I don't even think I remember Buzz getting this much promotion and IMO, that's at least a *new* ride for the park. Meaning wasn't just some old re-hash of an already existing ride like Nemo, Space Mountain, Autopia, Tarzan, and Monsters Inc were.

I've also seen a LOT of billboards. There is a HUGE one on the side of The Brige near LAX.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the ride is bad by any means, I just question if all the hype and promotion accurately represent the ride, and from the reports I've heard so far, I'm not convinced.

--Robb "Will gladly ride when I can wait less than 20 minutes..." Alvey

I've also seen a LOT of billboards. There is a HUGE one on the side of The Brige near LAX.

there's a ginormous one when you get off the 101 to get to Universal Studios. I have to see it everyday when I go to work and wonder why there's ALWAYS Disney bilboards at that exit! Last year (or whenever it opened)it was for the Monsters Inc. Ride.

You know what Disney needs is another epic blockbuster type attraction. Just something that will take you into a world that exists only on the sets of big budget action movie. I think that's why Indy is such a great ride because it really is quite the adventure, so epic.

Disney needs another thrill like that.

I can't believe they named a sub Crusty Seaman. my word

I can, afterall this IS Disney; The company that put "SEX" in the sky on Lion King, and a giant man-part-shaped castle in Little Mermaid, then the naked lady poster in Rescuers

Nothing surprises me with these disney gimmicks, and they're done intentionally.

-Justin "You one eyed critter!" - Lilo & Stitch (and Monsters Inc.)

since seeing the video, I've been thinking about the new sub ride - you know the part that is the coolest? the part at the dock when you're still in the water when you start moving.

**SPOILER ALERT**

when they take you out of the water and show you the Epcot show, my interest sort of wanes.

I think Disney will get quite a bit of mileage out of the marketing campaign - lotsa people have really fond nostalgic memories of the submarines.

lotsa people have really fond nostalgic memories of the submarines.

My pessimistic side makes me wonder "Perhaps they should be just memories?"

I say that because I have yet to hear anyone go "Wow! It was so awesome to be back in the subs!!!" And it kind of makes me wonder if people in the back of their mind are going "oh....yeah.....hmmm.....I guess now I remember why I never really went on these things before and why they closed to begin with...."

It's interesting how something can be perceived to be "so cool" mainly because it's been missing for so long.

Makes me wonder if Episode 1 would be considered cool if all of a sudden it disappeared for 10 years and people were told by Lucas how cool it was to have it back......

--Robb

I loved the original subs so I'm of course going to love this one. The only reason I can think of for people not liking the ride when they ride it is because they over hyped it. I went on it expecting nothing and it surpassed my expectations and I seriously love this version of it, I prefer the old one but this is worthy of being a replacement. The scenes are visually stunning and the ride has a great story line, its very disney. This ride isn't a thrill ride by any means, its not indiana jones. It cant be, you're in a sub. If you go into the ride expecting to be thrilled and impressed by visuals then your going to be disappointed, you're also going to be stupid for expecting that. I think its a very fun ride and its very enjoyable, and long. But yeah, thats my opinion.

I was kind of disappointed when I heard the description of the new sub voyage. My dad wanted to ride the sub voyage when he was a kid and was happy they brought it back but wasn't happy that they themed it like finding nemo. It just kind of ruins it for me. Disney is changing way to many of their classic attractions from how Walt and his early imaginers originally designed them. I can't stand it .

PS: If they change the matterhorn or the haunted mansion i'm never going to a disney park again.

Second Attempt to Make a post

Don't Worry Robb I will use proper Engish this time!

I think Disney is milking the Nemo cow dry, I mean Turtle Talk Disney World Turtle Talk Disneyland The Seas With Nemo and Friends

I mean Disney is obsesed about Nemo, as for me Im getting sick of it!

Second Attempt to Make a post Don't Worry Robb I will use proper Engish this time!

Dude, you obviously didn't read our posting rules as you posted something like 20 times in the last hour, all of which were pointless comments for the sake of making a post, and most of which I've had to delete.

I've already warned you once about this and you obviously didn't read our posting rules about "posting for posting sake." Your account has been deactivated. You're still welcome to read the forum as a guest, but you may no longer post.

Don't Worry Robb I will use proper Engish this time!

ENGISH....yes...well....spellcheck is now just a button that no one ever uses anymore...

But on better news, I went on the Nemo subs with my little nephew. I admit, it was cute, and Jahan did say if you're willing to wait in line for cute, then this is your sort of thing. But frankly, I was quite disappointed(hopefully I spelled that right). Not much has really changed from what I remember of the subs. Except for the divers...and Dory....and the Seagulls. The only cool thing was that I got to ride the Crusty Seaman...wow...ending THIS post now....

I have enjoyed the Subs then and I am sure I will enjoy it now because to it is something I wished they never got rid of. So I am thrilled to see it working again. But I have seen the video and honestly I think the older version is much better then this new Finding Nemo version even though it is outdated. I would of liked to of seen a higher tech version of the old version without the Nemo element involved.

I know the video doesn't show lots of stuff once in the cave because it was so dark the camera couldn't capture the scenes too well. But it was enough for me to base an opinion on it. Though never the less I am happy to see it back even with it being Finding Nemo and cant wait to the day I get to ride it once again.

I am currently visiting my sister here in L.A. so I was able to visit Disney on Friday to check this out. I managed to get in early and be amongst the first riders of the day, but I still waited an hour. I found the ride quite enjoyable and well done, though I think perhaps the waiting area could be a little more interesting, those seagulls are the only real thing there. It looked quite beautiful in parts, especially the coral reef sections, very realistic. It pretty much follows the story of the film, but with a different ending and with some of the scenes involving the sub directly (Eg when the sea mine is set off)

Being Australian, the narration of the ride was quite funny, they seemed to butcher Australian phrases, and the female first mate sounded more like a cross between New Zealander and English, though considering the audience I think being a bit stereotypical works.

The young, annoying poster strikes again.

Anywho, this past Friday, I went out to Disneyland and got to experience this ride for myself. After waiting an hour and a half (I got in line 2 minutes after opening), I finally found myself on a sub. What did I think of it? I think that this ride is a great addition back into the DL family. The effects were really cool and some of the animatronics looked really nice. However, I felt the story was quite rushed and it just didn't really hit home for me. The volcano scene was quite huge and very visually pleasing, but it felt rushed. Families will defenitly enjoy this addition to Disneyland, but I wouldn't wait longer than two hours for it.

7/10

---Brent