TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Return to Six Flags America, 6/11

This past monday, my co-worker Josh and I went to Six Flags America for the day. I had my pass and a Bring-a-friend-free coupon. Unfortunatly since my camera went dead, I was not able to take any pictures on the trip, but I thought I would share with you all what our day was like.

We met at Lowes where we work at about 8:15 and took off for SFA, Arriving at the front gate around 1 (not bad since mapquest says that it takes about 5 hours to get the SFA from mine and Melissa's apartment).

The good news was that the park was pretty dead. The only ride with a significant line was Batwing since it only had one train going. Everything else was about a one-three train wait. Josh and I first took a spin on Roar in the second to last row. I can see why not very many people would re-ride right away if they sat in the row. Still a good coaster, but a much better ride in the front.

We then took a lap on Superman. A great ride still with good airtime. We then walked back to my car so Josh could grab some cash he left in the car. We then decided it was time for Batwing. The line was horrible, for while it only was in one and a half of the longer switchbacks, it still took about and hour and 15 minutes since they only had the one train and also only two people to check the entire train.

Later on I would begin to notice the lack of staffing throughout the park as many rides were closed. Only Octopus was listed at the front gate as being closed, but many others were as well, such as Tower of Doom, The flying ships, Avalanche, The round-up, Renagade Rapids, The train, and the Bull Ride. It seemed like they were kind of missing the point of being Family Friendly since a lot of the rides families could do togeather were not open. I personally was fine with it because all of the coasters were open and that is was Josh and I came for. but I could see how it would frustrate many families.

After our lap on Batwing, Josh wanted to run back to the car to drop something off, so while he did that I finally got my Joker's Jinx cedit (Number 130!). I really liked Joker's Jinx. It is a great ride, and although the layout is exactly the same as Flight of Fear, there is not Mid-Course Brake, so this thing flies through the second half of the track, which was a lot of fun! Josh wasn't too keen on taking a ride on it, so that is why I rode it when he ran to the car. I managed to get 2 laps, one in the front, and one about mid-train.

We then went over towards Wild One. After our earlier experience with Roar, Josh thought Wild One would be the same so he sat one out and tried the near by games. Wild One was fast and had good airtime as usual. And it tracked awesome. This ride was in the middle row of the last car. After it was time for a spin on Two Face. I started to feel bad because Josh was not riding much latly, for he wasn't much for rides that goes backwards, but he said he was cool with me taking a spin since it also had no line. Man did I get my head knocked around. No a bad ride, but it wasn't the best ride I had on it. We then decided to take a couple more laps on Superman. We took a ride in the front and the second row. The air time was awesome!

After our two laps on superman, I took one more lap on Roar, this time in the front, and as I figured, the front row is much better of a ride. We ended our day with head bashing fun on mind eraser. Josh said he had enough and I was cool with it, so we headed out at around 6:30.

Before we headed back home, we went on a little driving tour of Washington D.C. since Josh had never been before. A few times I let him hop out of the car so he could take a few pictures (wish I would have thought to see if he would have been willing to bring the camera in the park, but that's ok). And we were on our way home around 8:00, and pulled into lowes at about 1 in the morning.

We both had a good time, and I hope that I can make at least one more trip up before too long.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic