TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park 2009 Flyer

This was posted on TTF:

The maintenance team leader has confirmed that TP are getting a B&M Flyer.

The contract went through and the design is almost finished.

Apparently that guy is very reliable!

And also:

He never said anything specific beyond the type of ride.

He even said the gang at AT are trying to talk them out of it because Air gives them nothing but trouble.

Alot of negativity has already been discussed due to Thorpe not going for something original, but I can see it being very original. The lake, the trees and everything! I'm looking forward to this

Thoughts?

Dan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It will probably will be a B&M flyer as the next coaster at Thorpe, but I don't rely on these 'a guy at Thorpe park told his mate who then told some one down the pub' rumours.

Why would Alton Towers be putting of it's sister park from getting one?

It does not make viable sense to me ?

Yeah AIR has had some technical problems, but what coaster of that scale and complexity hasn't ?

People base that around Alton Towers and Air. It's not going to be a clone - it's likely to be a total different layout with a pretzel loop yet people seem to think Thorpe cannot get their own ideas and have no originality in their rides. Nemesis/Nemesis Inferno, Rita/Stealth. Even though those two are complete different layouts and themed with Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno, they still think the Thorpe ones are not original.

Alton say they don't want Thorpe to get one due to technical problems, ever though Air has been fine this season. I put it down to Alton not wanting the negativity around Air as that's likely what will happen as Thorpe's is likely to be bigger and better than Air seeing as it was a prototype.

Dan

I believe it when it happens and officially too.

He even said the gang at AT are trying to talk them out of it because Air gives them nothing but trouble.

They should have thought of that with Stealth, That gives Thorpe nothing but trouble since it be open. So if it will happen with this flyer I doubt nothing will stop then building it

So it's officially confirmed because one person says so? Right. I know the person who's posted this, and they are reliable, but until Thorpe announce anything I won't believe it.

On Thorpe generally, the place is a crap park and a new ride isn't going to improve on anything. Instead of spending millions on lake infilling and building a new coaster they should try and clean up the park.