TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Elissa's Random Thought of the Day!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^No!

He was just completely oblivious and out of it! He had that 'blank teenage boy stare' going on. Didn't apologize, didn't ask if she was okay...just stood there!

Just stood there? I swear more and more people these day are rude, or just plain dumb, or a combination of the two!

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. Did the doors actually close on you and your mom?

Out of the two times I've been on Orient Express, both times exiting I almost had to run to make it off in time.

Good to hear you and Kristen are fine(shaken but not injured), but I seem to remember this happening at Sky Treck Tower last year to someone in front of me. Hopefully the ride op is reprimanded, and put on garbage duty. At least you did the right thing and went to guest relations instead of making a big scene though.

That sounds terrifying. The same thing happens to my mom and around my grandparents. Everything is fine until they're there and something happens so everything we do and she does is analized as "un-safe"

-Dainan "I would of blown up at him" Rafferty

Poor KT! If she gets crushed I wont be able to read her a story!

But in all seriousness. Thats TOTALLY ridiculous. As Beemer Boy Stated...

"This Doesnt Suprise Me...".

It doesnt suprise me at all either, sadly.

MOST SFMM employees are terribly undertrained, unprofessional, and just lacking 100% common sense! (With the Exceptipon of Mike and "Others").

Im really sorry that this had to happen to you folks. As they always say, bad things happen to good people.

But as you stated Elissa, its not like this is a normal occurance at other parks. Youve seen your dosage of parks to know what youre talking about, Im just as blown away as you guys are.

But Im really suprised you guys didnt take that much action against it. This is DEF. Something that needs to be brought to attention. This kid is going to kill someone if he keeps this up, and maybe even a child.

-Ryan

^unfortunately it's almost like you get what you pay for at the place of employment. If they're not getting paid that much you're not going to get that much in terms of employees.

Where I work it's like that, most of the non-salaried people are not getting paid that much, plus the environment isn't that great for morale; thus you get a lower class of employee.

Heck I had to roll back security cameras to see who was the last person out of the ladies bathroom to see who left the poop on the floor! I think somebody missed! That's the type of employees we're getting!

I also saved footage from an altercation between our community relations director and the general manager. The general manager original said he had to fire him because they almost got into a physical fight after arguing. I looked at the video and said "Yeah I would be fighting mad if you flipped me the bird too."

I need more highbrow employment.

Terry

^unfortunately it's almost like you get what you pay for at the place of employment. If they're not getting paid that much you're not going to get that much in terms of employees.

I'm not disagreeing with you, because I totally see your point, but I do wish to add to this that it's only a certain kind of person who lets their attitude (and far more importantly, their care and attention towards the safety of others) slip due to poor pay. I earn less than half at my current job as what I earned at my old job, and I can truthfully say I work just as hard and give just as good service as I always have, regardless of my earnings.

Terrance is spot on with his assessment, but I think it's a real shame that this is the way it is for so many people, if they don't get paid much, they wonder why they should bother trying, and it leads to incidents like this. Sucks.

So glad KidTums is okay, Elissa. I'm sure it was a much more traumatic experience for you guys than it was for her, truth be told. Idiot op should be sacked and flogged.

The guys only REAL job responsibility is to open and close a door (well, set of doors), I mean, when you can't get that right, what kind of job do you give someone?

It was pretty frantic as the doors started closing and the wheel of the stroller was caught on the pavement. Not sure if Elissa mentioned it, but there is a slight "step up" from the doorway to the walkway so you have to lift the stroller up a bit to get it out.

It was just so unacceptable that when you have what could be the easiest ride in the park to operate, you screw it up!

--Robb "The Dumb Bus." Alvey

Alright, I feel like I should probably post in this thread. For those of you know don't know, I work at Six Flags Magic Mountain and I'm an attractions lead there. Currently stationed at The Orient Express. What happened last night is horrifying and won't be tolerated by me. When Elissa alerted me about the incident last night, my first priority was to notify Operation supervision. They are aware of the incident

Please understand that safety is our number one priority at Six Flags; cases such as these won't be tolerated. Because of what happened I'm going to suggest instilling a new wheelchair and stroller policy at Orient Express to help avoid similar situations in the future.

I really don't mean to come off as a "Six Flags fanboy" but just someone who has seen it from both sides. Just note that what happened will not be forgotten, harsh discipline will be given, hoping a new policy will be added.

Because of some obvious reasons I can't say too much else. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

_six

This is just another reason why I LOVED a place like Dollywood so much. The older work staff really helped to make it a very enjoyable visit. Their tremendous pride in their park, and each individual job was truly evident as you watched them work. I honestly don't remember (though there may have been) a single ride op under the age of 30!

I understand it's a completely different environment from Socal, but regardless of pay, each of Dollywood's staff performed as though they were the CEO, and should be a model for every single park out there. I wish every teen ride op was as concerned with rider safety as they were with their next text message.

Alright, I feel like I should probably post in this thread. For those of you know don't know, I work at Six Flags Magic Mountain and I'm an attractions lead there. Currently stationed at The Orient Express. What happened last night is horrifying and won't be tolerated. When Elissa alerted me about the incident last night, my first priority was to notify Operation supervision. They are aware of the incident and I can only tell you that its being investigated and that the ride operator will be dealt with strictness amount of discipline if not terminated ( which is what I'm aiming for ).

Please understand that safety is our number one priority at Six Flags; cases such as these won't be tolerated. Because of what happened I'm instilling a new wheelchair and stroller policy at Orient Express to help avoid similar situations in the future.

I really don't mean to come off as a "Six Flags fanboy" but just someone who has seen it from both sides. Just note that what happened will not be forgotten, harsh discipline will be given, a new policy will be added.

Because of some obvious reasons I can't say too much else. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

_six

It's nice to know that some people are working to make order from the chaos that is SFMM.

If everyone that worked at SFMM was like Mike, SFMM would be class act!

Glad KT wasn't harmed! Most unfortunate you all had to experience that as well. It is also unfortunate that these incidences have to happen in order to take proper steps to prevent such another incident like this!

I really hope that dummy is fired. Also hope he is prevented from working at any amusement park again or anyplace that requires some sort of operation that can cause harm from not properly doing the job right.

It's much better when you have a little visual help to finish the spell! Let's try it again (everyone say it with me so it will work):

Messy, messy, messy queen!

Post no more, you should not be seen!

I think that's better! Sometimes you gotta put old "Tink-Tink" on the payroll!

FYI - I apologized to both robb and elissa.

Thanks all.

Jeez... sorry to hear about what happened, and I hope your folks aren't still upset. You know, a child or an adult having an accident as a result of someone's irresponsibility can happen in a lot of environments outside of an amusement park, and I know deep down Mom and Dad White and everyone else realizes that. But, still, when you are in that moment.......

When we were at WDW last year, Sammi and I and our friends were riding in the cockpit of the monorail and the driver was telling us how many hours of training a new monorail driver has to have before they are permitted to take on passengers, if for no other reason that the fact that opening the wrong set of doors at the wrong station could have tragic consequences. And have you ever noticed? At WDW the monorail drivers are not kids, they are grown men and women, some of whom have been doing that job for a decade.

SFMM should consider themselves lucky nothing serious happened. The bad PR of this incident happening to you guys should get you all some sort of response, I would think. Keep us posted.

Shari

I don't care how old the idiot was. He should be fired either way.

Glad to hear KT is still okay. Did she seem to notice the doors were going to crush her? What was her initial reaction?

Oh man, this is one scary situation. I would be freaking out and scared for the safety of KidTums. I'm glad you stayed calm Elissa and actually thought before you acted. Great job on your part! However, this employee is just another SFMM employee that doesn't care about his job and is just there to make some extra dollars. When you are working, you should take pride in what you're doing, not being stupid like this guy. Glad you and KT are okay!

---Brent