TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Elissa's Random Thought of the Day!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6/12/07

Hurricane Harbor was awesome today! It was totally dead and we got to ride stuff over and over again. The only bummer was the stupid water was freezing cold. I really miss Florida waterparks cause the water is so much warmer.

Oh, and it was also KT's first waterpark!

I agree with your random thought (about the pool water). It has been in the 80's plus here for two weeks and our pool is like ice. At this rate, it will be July before I get in. We'll probably hit Boomerang Bay over at PKI sometime this week/weekend, and their water usually isn't too bad.

Does KT have a swimsuit already?

Shari

KT does have a bathing suit, but since she's still under 6 months, the sun was brutal and the water was ice, she stayed in her protective stroller cocoon the entire time!

Although we did hold her after riding something so she got a bit wet!

^KT's park count to date:

SFMM

Legoland

SFA

SFGAd

Jeepers

Valleyfair

Arnold's Park

Adventureland

Mall of America

Islands of Adventure

Universal Studios

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hurricane Harbor

And in two weeks we leave for Europe! Too bad she won't remember any of this!

Here's todays thought:

Checks suck.

Seriously, who writes or needs checks anymore??? In all of my recent life, trips, etc. no checks required. Now all of a sudden all of the Midwest Trip hotels want checks!??! Hello, we're in the year 2007, not like 1972! Why can't you just do bank transfers like normal places? Seriously a check? Heck, I'd rather put it on a credit card and get the cash back!

And speaking of credit cards, why do you need me to fax you authorization forms?! There's no authorization form if I buy something with a credit card online or over the phone, so why are you special!?!?

Banking has come a long way, but needs to come a bit farther!

Welcome to the Shopping Game!

You pick up your items and head to the checkout. In front of you is an old lady.

INVENTORY:

-Baguette

-Celery

-Wedge of cheese

OLD LADY'S INVENTORY

-Tic-Tacs

The old lady takes out a checkbook and slowly begins to write in it.

Time passes.

You become angry.

Choose a weapon:

1) Baguette

2) Celery

3) Wedge of cheese

You have selected option 3

Inventory:

-Baguette

-Celery

-Dented wedge of cheese

-Old dead lady

Sometimes, I swear...

Checks suck.

Oh, sister...don't even get me started on banks, checks, etc.... (Sorry, I know this is YOUR random thread, E, but you just struck a nerve, so here I go.....)

Ok, so, financially this hasn't been the best year for my family. In fact, it pretty much has sucked. So, needless to say, we have fallen behind on a few bills (or ten, or fifteen). We happen to have our home mortgage, as well as our equity line of credit tied to the same bank as our primary joint checking account. Well, apparently, it's in the fine print somewhere that, should we fall behind on either of these accounts, and we have a positive balance in our checking, the bank reserves the right to withdrawl funds to apply to our loans, or just freeze our account to "get our attention". WTF?? So, let me get this straight... we are already having a hard time making ends meet, and you (the bank) are going to withdrawl funds from my checking account without my knowledge OR consent, thus causing me to bounce any number of checks which you will then charge me $36 each for. Then, a week later you will call me and ask me why we are having a hard time getting caught up on our loan account!?!?!

Oh, and here's another good one... Since when does the bank need to hold a United States Government issued check (tax refund) against your account. Jesus, do we not trust the freaking US of A to write it's taxpayers a good check?? We literally got our tax refund check in the nick of time a few weeks back. I had some bills I had already written checks for and they were going to go through. Thank God the refund check came that day, or so I thought. Four bounced checks later I was told that the bank held the refund check against our account for 24 hours until it cleared. Seriously.

I hate banks.

Shari

I kick it old school and I still write checks!

As for faxing over a credit card authorization form, I say WTF? No one that I've done business with asks me to fax over the form. If someone does ask me, I'm running away and not doing business with them.

And speaking of credit cards, why do you need me to fax you authorization forms?! There's no authorization form if I buy something with a credit card online or over the phone, so why are you special!?!?

At the motel I work at, we only make you do this if you aren't going to have the credit card present when you check in. That way we have the customer's signature as well as something physical to go by.

Yeah, I still pay bills with checks (although I usually use a debit or credit card when shopping). I'm still a bit nervous about letting too many companies have access to my bank account for bills and such (although I am going to make an exception for my mortage payment).

I think nearly all of my purchases lately have been on my debit card.

Like Will, the only time I ever wrote checks were deposits for TPR trips. I don't have to worry about bills and credit, yet. I'm a bit scared of my financial situation now...